What now for Carlton? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2003, 09:30 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
What now for Carlton?

Well another disgraceful Performance by the Blues on the weekend and the Future does'nt look Bright,denis has had to work with what he's got the AFL screwed us silly with our first two picks so not only the Club suffers but most Important the Fans.
well at the seasons end what we must do is Trade players that come to mind are Beaumont,camporeale,Koutoufides Yes him his days are Numbered as far as I'm concerned and whoever else we can swap.brett Ratten is gone Andy Mckay is playing well but how long left for him It's good night nurse for Martyn and Manton why we have themtwo amazes me lance whitnall simply has'nt Progressed and Corey Mckernan is brilliant on his day I just hope the sleep Giant of carlton can awake from it's slumber.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2003, 11:10
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
I'd feel sympathetic, but I hate the bastards!

Fry in hell Carlton!

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2003, 14:05 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Amazingly that does'nt seem to bother me like it used to,The passion has gone out of the game.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 09:10
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
The AFL has set up a very very dangerous situation with you lot.

Carlton don't get first round picks (as part of the penalty for busting the cap) unless they win 5 or less games.

My advice... don't tip Carlton until its impossible for them to win more than 5.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 09:58 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

FU#K The Afl and come on the Interstaters.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 01:36
Rising Star

Teams: Olympiakos, Arsenal
It is sad to see Carlton in such a state, but they have themselves to blame, Pagan faces a huge challenge and with no priority picks, it`s going to be an uphill battle....perhaps trading Kouta might be the answer, he needs a new club, new environment to get him motivated again..actually, we could do with someone like him at Port Adelaide..

OLYMPIAKOS - MIA ZWH MAZI SOY
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 09:34 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

The current administration or players cant be blamed for the state we're in,It's the D##KHEAD Big Mouth John Elliott who screwed us, he's a typical shyster and now he's F$%KED us for the next 10 years why dont we just drop out all together Instead of seeing clowns like Mick Martyn play for us.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2003, 02:30
Rising Star

Actually there fans are very arrogant, talking to some of them at the Sydney game - they really believe they are the proudest fans and the best Club in the AFL.

The main topic was that Melbourne should only have 4-5 clubs because the rest rely on Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond and Essendon to keep them in business in gate takings.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2003, 14:14
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
statistically they r the best club in the afl, one wooden spoon in their proud history and the most premierships, they r arrogant pigs, but unfortunately with good reason to date.......

4-5 melb clubs? yeh well if that happenes u can kiss the afl goodbye

without at least 8 melb clubs in the comp like em or hate the bastrds, the league will be a poorer place the bullies, kangas and the dees r small and/orhopeless clubs, something has to happen with them, hawthorn, stkilda and geelong have enough supporters and enough memebers to survive easily
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2003, 01:47 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I could never desert My side these times are going to be hard for a variety of Reasons,I dont want no other side to fall out of existence as what happened to Fitzroy was absolutely Criminal.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2003, 05:33
Rising Star

Port has just got about a proud history than anybody else.

Leigh Matthews had it right last year, when he quoted that the next 5 years will be dominated by non-Vic sides.
Brisbane has already got 2 Grand Finals under there belt, this year looks like a non Vic Grand final.
WC, Freo, Sydney, Crows, Bris and especially Port players list are miles ahead than most Vic teams.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2003, 13:38 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Brissie 2 flags,Eagles 2 flags and Crows 2 flag these will either rise or any of Port or Sydney will win this Years Grannie.The talent that these sides have are absolutely amazing.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 04:46
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
carlton has some problems, and it relates to Pagan.

see, Pagan has done good one some issues such as waking Fevola up tothe fact that he has potential but didnt wanna use it. he has brought in players such as fisher and waite and they have become good young players.

what he has done is ruined players such as campo, kouta, whitnall, livingston and most of all Corey. Corey was a gun player last year, but pagan has gone back to old ways with him and believes that he is a ruckman when we all know that he'll find form playing from the square at full forward!

He brought in Martin, which wasnt a bad idea as he cant rely on livingston to take the likes of Lynch, and a few others. but the problem is that Martin gets no kicks at all, and when he has the ball, he doesnt know what to do with it. so in reality, i'd rather have livingston, Beaumont, thorntan, norman and prendergast a go as the big men in defence. and of course have macca, wiggins as the others.

another thing which bothers me is seeing franchina in the team, he gives away to many free kicks and manages to do that in defence so the other team can pounce on it and kick goals.

as for players being traded, i dont see Kouta being one to leave. he leads the AFL in hardball gets, something which we lack from others at the moment. he isnt being the man who receives the ball outside the pack anymore, he goes in and gives it out to the likes of Houlihan and campo. he is doing that well.

but, i'd like to see franchina, eccles, manton, merrington, and plunkett get traded. franchina, merrington and plunkett have had their chances and shown very little. Eccles is just plain crap, he has been. ive watched him play since he was a teenager as he came to my school. Manton, IF someone is willing to take him, should leave or just retire.

i'd like to see some players such as Campbell come in and id liek to see what Cameron Croad has to offer.

Allan must start ing the ruck and interchange with French in the ruck. that way, we can keep Corey at full forward with Fevola also up there and Lance Whitnall needs to be played at true centre half forward with the ball delivered to him well.

Pagans style of kicking long and getting the ball up to the forward line as quick as possible doesnt suit our players such as kouta, ratten, campo as they are used to possession style football. It also gives Whitnall shit service. Whitnall is not Carey where he'll take big grabs over two tall defenders, but if you deliver to the ball to whitnall appropriately, he can be great. remember, he topped the most marks in AFL two seasons running a few seasons back.

we have the players to be a competitive team, but Pagan has to seriously re-think about certain tactics etc...because he wont be successful with most of his current ideas!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2003, 07:04
Bobo
Star Player

Teams: milan and only milan.
spot on CUG,although i'd like to see Justin Murphy either traded or play out on the wing or even fwd pocket,he irritates the crap out of me.

............i am happy.............
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2003, 08:12
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
Murphy can excel under a coach like Brittian as we saw. He is able to get 30 possessions plus and kick a few goals. he obvisouly has the talent.

but once again, he doesnt suit our game plan at the moment. this long kicking, missing the midfield doesnt suit him.

I like the idea of playing him as a forward. he is a player who is fast, a decent height and he has great skills.

we have lossed Lappin to the half back line which means we lack his 30 plus goals a season. its a huge blow flow at the moment. but i believe that Fisher has taken his place and done it well. however, Murphy out on a forward flank can help replace Lappins input upfront along with fisher.

murphy---lance---fisher

-----corey----fevola

leaving that forward open for fevola and Corey is great. especially Corey who i believe cannot be stopped if he is played openly from the square.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in