I'm sick of hearing about Jason Mcartney! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 09:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
I'm sick of hearing about Jason Mcartney!

I'm sorry to sound like a Heartless Bastard But I'm sick of hearing about him,It's made out like he's saved the World Give him a Bravery Medal and please let's get on with the show.You're a Hero now is that enough God what about other people around the world who have saved people in similar situations we don't hear about them When I turn the Tv on and Mcartney is On I change the Channel I've heard enough call mwe what you like I dont care.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 09:25
Star Player

Deleted!

Last edited by Janez; June 6th, 2003 at 14:06.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 09:46
Star Player

what exactly did this guy do anyway? i mean exactly how does surviving the bali bombong consider brave?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 09:51
Star Player

Deleted!

Last edited by Janez; June 6th, 2003 at 14:05.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 13:28
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Quote:
Originally posted by NZS
He ran into the blaze and pulled two sisters out of the fire. Thats all and he has been blown up by the media to be some sort of 'god'.
Fair effort with the injuries he'd sustained don't you think? He did almost die in the aftermath.

I see your points lads, but at least the media saturation surrounding McCartney is deserved - he is raising money for charities with this 88 thing after all - so it's not even all about him.

Makes a refreshing change from hearing about Collingwood, McGuire, Buckley, Malthouse, Tarrant, the Magpie guernsey, the Magpie emblem, wipe off 5... etc etc fcuking etc.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 14:04
Star Player

Good point. He has ended his career tonight anyhow and I wish him all the best for the future.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 14:58
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
the guy saved lives by pulling ppl out of fire, hence sustaining life-threatening burns himself, he almost died and deserves a medal for saving lives as well as the saturated media coverage for charity purposes as well as for simply making it back to play one of the toughest sports in the world whilst hes still healing.........

idiots!

Last edited by tigerTUFF; June 6th, 2003 at 23:40.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2003, 06:59 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

And others in the world have'nt achieved similar heroics and what have they got? Is it that necessary to be engulfed with what he's done everyday Give it a break we know it we are'nt stupid.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2003, 07:06 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Mcartney done what many would've done in that situation and dont say that's BS,What would you do if you saw people Trapped in Life threatening conditions He suffered Horrific Conditions but it's been blown up that Much it's rediculous.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2003, 10:09
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Prancing Horse
And others in the world have'nt achieved similar heroics and what have they got? Is it that necessary to be engulfed with what he's done everyday Give it a break we know it we are'nt stupid.
yeh they have, i s'pose its got to do with the fact that australia took it as a personal hit, so this was extra special, and as far as im concerened to almost die and still make it back in 6 mnths to play afl when the body is still healing is un-fu(king-believable
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2003, 10:10
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Prancing Horse
Mcartney done what many would've done in that situation and dont say that's BS,What would you do if you saw people Trapped in Life threatening conditions He suffered Horrific Conditions but it's been blown up that Much it's rediculous.

i wouldnt say its BS, but no-1 knows how certain individuals would react...that last sentence of urs............well look every1 is entitled 2 their opinion and yes their has been media saturation, but knowing now that he was planning on retiring from mid-week, well im glad he got all the attention, im a tiges supporter and it killed me losing to those lowly ferals by a kick, but when u consider his teammates were playing 2 send him off in style, how could it really have finished any different? a perfect finale............ just like he got all this attention in the media..... all sorted in the end, have some compassion u heartless bastard

Last edited by tigerTUFF; June 7th, 2003 at 10:17.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2003, 11:50 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

haha that's a funny one TT,Yeah looking at what I'm saying you'd think I'm a real Prik lol,Anyhow Good one Jase.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in