Look's like we're going to have an Interstate Final! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 02:09 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Look's like we're going to have an Interstate Final!

Well it finally could become a reality in 2003 we may be looking at our first Interstate Grandfinal,All the signs are there and I'm convinced this will happen first of all last week we had all the Interstate sides in the top 8 for the first time,Next of all Richmond seem to be the only side showing any consistenct of the victorian sides and even they don't look ready for a GF.

next of all who can knock Brisbane off their perch,Yep I believe it's adelaide but surely Port adelaide will have a big say in that and what about the talented West Coast Eagles knocking off Collingwood in melbourne very Convincing and those swannie's just looking better week by week.i hate to be raving on but wake up Vic's the time has come. :depress:

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 07:59
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
I was king proud of my lads who went up to the GABBA and only went down by 3 goals despite no Carey, Stevens, Welsh, Burton and Smart - not to mention losing Begley to concussion and Burns to a groin during the game.

Port are the main danger when theyre on, but no Francou and a constantly lame Primus might tell against them during the Winter games...

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 08:25
Rising Star

Unless there is a dramatic turnaround.

I cannot see any of the VIC's team in the top 4 for 2003.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 10:04
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Collingwood is the best Victorian chance to make the Grand Final, followed Essendon and then you can chuck a blanket over the Kangaroos, Richmond, Melbourne, St. Kilda, Geelong, Carlton, Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn as none of them are good enough in my opinion.

Out of the interstaters, Brisbane Lions, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and West Coast are the Premiership contenders.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 10:27 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I agree Shev but Collingwood seem to have more holes than first thought,However they have a great coach and really could still threaten the league is very even this year.

post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2003, 06:06
International

Quote:
Originally posted by The Shev
West Coast are the Premiership contenders.
I don't rate em.... all you need to do is play accountable football and their 'guns' disappear.

When we smashed em at AAMI stadium a few weeks ago they were terrible... I wouldn't read much into that Collingwood win either way.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2003, 14:11
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
I'm just keeping the fields open just in case a miracle happens on the last day of September and I can say that I predicted it.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2003, 00:37 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

The Eagles have gone far and they will make the finals But I cant see them as a real threat for the Grannie.

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2003, 05:04
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
The Eagles will be there in the 8, I wouldn't be surprised if they remain in the top 4 either.

Kenny I can't agree with you, you know how the Eagles were on the road until a few weeks ago when they defeated Melbourne and Collingwood. I can't understand why you are saying don't read anything into the Collingwood win, the vic umpires kept collingwood in the game up until half time and the pies ottally turned it around after the break and looked in a match winning position, until a corageous amount of character was shown by the Eagles to get up and win. They were also robbed of a win against essendon last week due to the umpires.

Was King Italy..
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2003, 15:17 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I agree with KI the win By the Eagles against Collingwood depicted an outstanding show of character by the boys from the West,To come to Victoria and turn it around against the State's most supported Club was really a special performance.

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2003, 16:03
International

The Eagles will fall away.

As John Laws says... you see if I'm not right.

They'll make the 8, but it will be in positions 6-8.

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 01:14 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

The Eagles look Promising But ydney seem to have that something extra,Freo and Wc seem on a level Par to me very Talented sides well done woosha and Chris.

post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 05:12
Star Player

Brisbane will win it again this year, Collingwood looked like the team that was goin to knock them off but this in my opinon wont happen. You can bet ur money on the fact that the 2 vic teams tha make the finals will be knocked out first round. But Fremantle arn't as stable as everyone thinks. They might slip up soon.
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 08:20
Legend

The Dockers are having an excellent year, especially having for the first time won 3 in a row for the first time (which is 5 and going for 6 now). I am not sure if the Dockers can maintain their Top 4 position but all Dockers fans this year would be staisfied with a place in the 8.

Was King Italy..
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 08:21
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by dyertribe
The Eagles will fall away.

Can you give sufficient factual evidence to support this allegation?

Was King Italy..
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 09:12 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

The two Victorian teams that will make the eight won't be seeing much daylight anyway,They probably will finish 7th or 8th and even then they will probably have to play Interstate where they will get their ar$es smacked.

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 09:52
Star Player

how many victorian teams are there by the way? cause i reckon there's too many, its about time tasmania or NT get a team of their own don't you think.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 10:01
Star Player

16 teams - 10 Victorian - 6 Interstate
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 10:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Why not Tassie and the Noerhtern T should be Included since its a nationwide game.

post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2003, 13:25
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Prancing Horse
Why not Tassie and the Noerhtern T should be Included since its a nationwide game.
Yeah it sounds great in theory but there's the small matter of travel, membership and infrastructure, etc etc.

If a team like Geelong is struggling financially then I can't see a side from the NT or Tassie lasting very long without the kind of handouts that were repeatedly given to Brisbane and Sydney and are still being given.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in