Why is Collingwood seem to be the only club crying over the salary Cap? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2003, 12:26 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Why is Collingwood seem to be the only club crying over the salary Cap?

I want to know something the Brisbane Lions and the Sydney Swans have an unfair advantage over the other clubs with the extra room for their Salary Cap.But why does Collingwood seem like the only club whingeing or are the others to afraid to speak up,I dont get this anymore.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2003, 15:25
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
A lot of other clubs disagree with it, but if you're Essendon, Melbourne or Carlton you're not going to complain because you'll just look like hypocritical idiots considering you've repeatedly blown the cap in the past so many seasons.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2003, 01:54 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

At Carlton we'll let John elliot make a dick of himself just like he has in the past.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2003, 13:29
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Coz Eddie McGuire knows he can't beat Brisbane Lions.

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2003, 02:14 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

What a big week its been in whingeing.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2003, 07:48
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
i think Eddie and that tosser Malthouse are really cut over losing the final to brisbane.

i admit that i dont agree with their salary caps........but at the same time, Brisbane are a class above everyone else......and even you take good players away from them, ie. Headland...they bring in guns like Brennan anyway.......so, i think the Pies should stop crying now!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2003, 08:34
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Quote:
Originally posted by CUG
i think the Pies should stop crying now!
Well not really... Brizzy get an extra $500-600 large in the cap per season don't they? That's equivalent to 3 extra stars or an extra handful of good players. Now realistically that just isn't fair when we're supposed to be playing in an equalised (almost communist) system.

Greg Miller was on White Line Fever on FFC last night and made an excellent point when asked by a caller what he thinks of the current salary cap benefits the Lions and Swans are getting.

He said that if Sydney are getting an extra bonus in the cap for 'Cost of Living' because it's so much higher than in Melbourne, then why don't the Victorian clubs get a COL bonus over the Western and South Australian clubs because the cost of living in Melbourne is so much higher than in Adelaide and Perth?

He then went on to say that as far as player retention goes, the Tigers have almost as many 'foreigners' on their list as what Sydney and Brisbane do when you count all the Tasmanians, West Aussies and South Aussies but when it comes to re-signing these players Richmond don't have the extra money that the northern teams do to encourage players to stay.

Obviously the northern teams do need extra assistance to retain players and manage the cost of living, but it's the contradictions and inconsistencies that are driving not just the various clubs up the wall, but the fans as well.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2003, 13:51 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I agree the extra money for the Salary Cap is hugely unfair to the other teams,But the way collingwood and in particular Eddie Mcguire cry just gives you the SH!TS If Collingwood dont know how to win Gf then thats their Bad Luck,But losing to brissie is no disgrace.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2003, 05:19
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
Dyertribe.........no doubt what you are saying is true.....but in the end, why does Eddie and Malthouse have to keep on complaining?

Eventually the AFL will have to change this salary cap rule for brisbane and sydney, but for the time being, Colingwood should concentrate on their footy.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2003, 07:59 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

CUG See hoe Eddie Mcguire uses the media to whinge so he could use his so called I'm a sports commentator excuse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in