Hardwick tells the Truth But Cousins still gets a week! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 00:57 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Hardwick tells the Truth But Cousins still gets a week!

Well Is it official now you can be honest but still get punished initially I thought Ben Cousins wack to Damien Hardwick was a shocker but after Hardwick came out and said he tried to Milk a free kick it did'nt make a difference the thing was as bad as it looked the evidence of the Victim should've been taken more seriouslt Hardwick was'nt hurt.

........ Planet Milan ........

"Il Milan con il cuore e insieme andiamo avanti"
"Siamo Il Milan non deve dire altro"

The poster formerly known as Schumy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 02:29
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
But having said that, Cousins did fling his arm up at head level... regardless of whether Hardwick acted and in the process managed to avoid the contact you can't have players going around doing that...

If Hardwick was coming forward instead of moving backwards at the time he could've been hurt.

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 06:35
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Interestingly enough, Hayden Kennedy, the umpire who reported Ben Cousins teaches at my school. We asked him why he reported Benny when Hardwick said it was a dive. He said "If I knew that then I wouldn't have reported him."

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 11:57
International

Teams: Australia & Newcastle United
Interestingly I was talking to a mate about it and I think certain players - especially Peter Burgoyne - were scapegoats because of how Wayne Jackson mouthed off about the NRL not cracking down on incidents like the Tallis punchup in their round one.

As a result almost everyone who got reported this round was gonna get rubbed out just to make certain that Jacko didn't look like a hypocrite

"They picked on the wrong man - and the wrong country. It was like pouring petrol onto a fire as far as I was concerned.

There's an old saying that the dog that barks loudest never bites. They did a lot of barking but we bit them pretty hard. Uruguay's attitude just showed how scared they were of us - it was their last resort."

- Vincenzo Grella, Parma & Australia.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 13:17 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Initially it looked worse than first thought but when you look at the footage and hear Hardwick's testimony the one week was'nt really justified.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2003, 15:27
Star Player

Initially i thought righto Benny your gone you stupid sh!t but after Hardwick going out of his way to get him out of trouble an dsaying "It's a sad day for football" i thought OK.But now WCE have hired all these proffesional camera angle men and a VERY respectable eye witness? im haveing my doubts.All these people have flew to MElbourne for the appeal tomorrow.They reckon the camera played tricks and it only caught ben pushing Hardwick btu it was the "end" of the push.so i dont know what to believe........

That's his Brownlow chances gone anyway.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2003, 01:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

The Umpires are really just fairies,they need to wake up a bit and realise what the game is about gradually you wont even be aloud to look at a player anymore without getting reported,What a joke this game has become bring back the 80's.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2003, 16:27
Star Player

Cousins has won his appeal and can play this weekend aswell as being elible for the Brownlow.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2003, 01:59 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

And I believe Fat Cop you're wrapped ,cousins owes Hardwick big time perhaps some under the table dealings hehe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in