1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilgenio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 10:54 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
NBA Draft 2019

New Orleans won the Zion sweepstakes. I wonder if this means that AD stays? I was actually hoping for this scenario...

As expected the new lottery system made the whole thing quite unpredictable, with the top3 teams having only 14% chance of top pick.

Pelicans rose to the first from 7th place in the draft order and Memphis got second pick from 8th place. Lakers snapped up 4th pick from the unlikely 11th spot. At least the worst team in the NBA (Knicks) got 3rd pick as a consolation.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 12:36
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post

Pelicans rose to the first from 7th place in the draft order and Memphis got second pick from 8th place. Lakers snapped up 4th pick from the unlikely 11th spot. At least the worst team in the NBA (Knicks) got 3rd pick as a consolation.
This infuriated me as Wolves fan. 23rd time we move down in draft order, while teams in close proximity to our predicted pick move up to 1st, 2nd and 4th. Wolves NEVER moved up, even when draft lottery is changed to give teams with better records higher chance on sweepstakes (to combat tanking), we move down to Lakers projected spot and they get 4th, when they have Lebron, 3 high lottery youngsters and cap space...life ain't fair.

Also this is a weak 3 player draft so it will be interesting to see if Lakers trade the pick, AD package or simply trade down in order.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 15:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
1. Lakers trade Ball, Ingram, 2019 #4 pick plus a future 1st round pick for AD.
2. Lakers sign Kawhi during free agency.
3. Lakers switch LBJ to point guard.
4. Lakers roll with a starting 5 of LBJ, Hart, Kawhi, Kuz, AD next season.
5. I used the Time Stone to explore different outcomes and the possibility of this happening is 1 out of 1.4000605.

Rodriguez likes this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 18:58 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Lakers always signs a star-studded team next season. It's been like this for at least 5 years in a row now.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 22:44
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

He thinks Kawhi will play with Lebron

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 03:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
I also think Zion will return to Duke for his sophomore year now that NOLA won the draft lottery
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 07:17 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

AD should stay...they could be one of the best teams in the West almost immediately and seriously compete for the title by 20/21.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 12:27
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

He should stay, but imo its too late he had complete falling out with the management and the fans. It's a shame, if they keep him and Holiday (likely to be traded too for rebuild, would love him in wolves), and created tiny cap space for quality wing. They would have such a strong team.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in