2019 NBA Season - Xtratime Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2018, 18:07 Thread Starter
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
2019 NBA Season

We're in October and getting closer to the regular season. At the moment just boring pre-season games. With that said, the Lakers-Nuggets opener was interesting to observe. I anticipated the passing would one of their strong points and it is. James, Rondo and Ingram in that point-forward role. There were many questions related to outside shooting and 3 point shots as well. Obviously, they struggled in the opener to get their shots and I'm sure the regular season won't be any different. I say give them 20-30 games to see where they're at. Seems like with the probability of Rondo/James/Ingram/McGee as potential starters, shooting will be an issue. I'm assuming KCP will be the starting 2 guard for now until Luke and LeBron decide what works better. They figure he has above average defending and his shooting % was among the better Laker shooters last season. But if he struggles they might consider Stephenson or even draft pick Mykhailuk who is a capable 3 point shooter. Stephenson last season was terrible on shooting and sometimes his communication/passing can be off. You can use him as a bench playmaker/energy guy but KCP, Mykhailuk, Kuzma and Beasley will be expected to score and take pressure off LeBron. I noticed Luke is having thoughts about potentially using Kuzma as a rotational small ball center in some possessions.

Minnesota is under serious heat though; Jimmy wants out. Wonder who will obtain him. Miami perhaps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2018, 03:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
A bunch of Sixers had off nights against the Celtics. Embiid was off, Reddick had a stinker, Covington etc. Simmons still can't shoot but he had a decent game, almost a triple double on opening night, but he can't carry the team alone.

I wonder how much it'll cost the Sixers, losing Bellinelli and Ilyasova, as they really added a lot to the team last season. Do they expect Fultz to step up and improve a lot this year? In this game he showed very little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2018, 04:53
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Schröder got called the softest clear path foul I've ever seen vs Curry. Is this how it is going to be under new rules?

It's ridiculous how much protection stars enjoy these days. Offensive stats are getting emptier each year.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2018, 10:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2018, 15:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Durant can pull up from 30 and he can drop 30 in his sleep. He's a legit 7 footer with guard-like handles and athleticism. This dude is the greatest ever scoring machine and matchup mismatch this game has ever seen, and you're telling me with no concrete reasons whatsoever that he's gonna end up the 5th greatest player in the league at the end of the season?

post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2018, 02:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Pelicans putting up 71 points in the first half against the Rockets. Davis on fire, Mirotic and Randle doing well too. Entertaining game.

Davis demonstrating why he's one of four players superior to KD

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2018, 19:08 Thread Starter
International

There were some terrible shooting performances in the first nights of the NBA. I guess that's to be expected though. Regarding the 76ers, Joel Embiid's statement sounded quite pessimistic. He claimed to quote Reddick about the Celtics beating them up each and every time. The thing is though, to be honest, it isn't their fault. The 76ers coach is horrible. He doesn't really coach at all. Just expects talented athletes just to figure things out. As long as Brett Brown's there they'll be in trouble I think.

Mavericks-Suns was good to watch given two top rookies faced off. Both of them gave me a great impression. Doncic I'd say most of us expect him to be great and his passing performance was on display although his shooting was pretty off. He'll get it though no worries. He was shooting well in Europe so he should be able to be OK here. The Sun's big man was better than I expected. He was passive in Arizona but under this coach it seems like they've given him a better awareness on how to play as center and to be more demanding in the paint. I liked his decision-making in the opener. Ariza was a strange signing he was terrible in the playoffs last season but we'll see how he does this season with Phoenix. Had a good opener and the other 2 young forwards for Phoenix really improved their 3 game. An area Phoenix struggled a lot.

There's a new Aussie player that joined Dallas under the radar. Didn't know anything about him until he played for a few minutes in the first half. Ryan Broehkhoff. I'm assuming he's a first generation Russian Australian? Well, given the surname and his facial appearance. The Mavs brought him as a possible replacement to McDermott I think.

I have a feeling there will be another Laker trade this season. Have a feeling Kuzma and a few others will be on the hot seat if they don't play at a high level or at least consistently. Brandon Ingram though looks to be safe from my impression. I'm interested in seeing how that team looks after 15 games with the mix of these young talents and veterans.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2018, 22:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Broekhoff is from Frankston. That's a short train ride from my home town. It has kind of a seedy reputation (drug dealers).
shiaben likes this.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2018, 03:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Comfortable win for the Sixers against the Bulls, though Fultz continued to struggle. A lot of his minutes were given after his team had built up a significant lead in the third quarter, which saw him on the bench. Simmons got himself a triple double, other significant contributors being Joel Emiid and Robert Covington.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 00:25 Thread Starter
International

I think Fultz is a bust, unfortunately. As is Lonzo Ball. How they were drafted over Tatum I'll never know. But this season Landry Shamet was a good late pick. He seems to be off to a great start so far. The team won't have to rely too much on Reddick for shooting. I don't know why they don't give Korkmaz enough time to play. During the preseason he seemed like a fair shooter. It is a shame Zhaire Smith is injured.

The Lakers played well in the paint. Lots of points there. They have guys who can drive to the basket. That area will give some comfort to James. Their defense in the opener was a fair and respectable effort. They need to cover the perimeter more. However, their outside shooting was horrendous. Went for most of the game without any 3s. Seems none of these guys are reliable shooters. It gets so bad sometimes Rondo has to knock one down. Svi I think will eventually be their best shooter this season if they give him enough time eventually. He's a capable shooter. Portland's Stauskas had a very good night. He struggled a lot during his rookie years in the NBA but it seems like his game is finally getting there. The West is getting more and more difficult each season. Teams will have to cross their fingers and hope other competitors get injury woes or have off nights.
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 02:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

If you want to be entertained, watch the Pelicans.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 04:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Exum killing it for the Jazz.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2018, 16:08
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Don't you mean Ingles?

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2018, 06:44 Thread Starter
International

lol Ingram punch to Paul's face was sweet. Crazy fight. Started with Ingram pushing Harden angry at the play for some reason (probably felt Harden pushed through him or something), then Chris Paul randomly pokes Rondo in the face. Fists are exchanged and Ingram then gets involved again. But Lakers still continuing with shooting woes. Ball FFS...is their best shooter so far and he probably has an NBA record for airballs given every shot he takes is unpredictable and inconsistent. KCP is the worst Laker. Useless. Josh Hart is like Clarkson 2.0 Just puts his head down and drives to the basket. The 2 Lakers player suspensions means Svi will get a chance to play in the 3rd game.

Doncic continuing with the good performances. Got a few 3 shots in there. Made a few turnovers but he'll get better. I wonder how relevant Dirk will be when he recovers and returns from the bone spurts in his feet. I wonder if they can get that 8th spot in the competitive West. They have a lot of playmakers and passers on that team. Maybe if West Matthews stays healthy they can make the push.
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2018, 09:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
CP is such a bitch. Harden can fck off too

Not a bad start by the Lakers all things considered. Definite room for improvement.
shiaben likes this.
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2018, 22:27
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Are you guys celebrating Ingram's dirty shenanigans?! Seriously!!! I only watched the highlights of it & agree with the broadcast, I believe it was Van Gundy & Jackson, Ingram should be suspended the maximum possible duration, he started this silly brawl altogether for no apparent reason! I doubt Paul's claim of spit will stick, but people need to realise it's Rondo on the other side there, one of the dirtiest players of this generation, he's no saint either!

No expectations..No disappointments
post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2018, 22:29
Star Player

Teams: Milan
And talking ball, I'm positively surprised by the Raptors. Not entirely unexpected, but to beat the Celtics as well.... May have set the tone early. But we shall see.

No expectations..No disappointments
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2018, 17:47
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Lakers with consecutive victories (Suns and Nuggets). Only been watching highlights so far this season (not enough time to watch every game) but I like what Lance Stephenson brings to this team.

I wonder if Rondo will start ahead of Lonzo Ball.
post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2018, 18:27 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Lakers with consecutive victories (Suns and Nuggets). Only been watching highlights so far this season (not enough time to watch every game) but I like what Lance Stephenson brings to this team.

I wonder if Rondo will start ahead of Lonzo Ball.
Stephenson has been very consistent for the most part. Not a lot of turnovers on his end. He was a good veteran signing. He really does a great job filling in for LeBron. Him and McGee do what's asked of them. They've been huge for the Lakers. Beasley has been very bad though, not the best of the veteran signings. Maybe his offense will click later in the season. KCP though is a problem. His shots don't fall and he's been turnover prone this season. Ball is a bit unpredictable. He can come up with some good passes and sometimes good transition play but his defense needs to get better and sometimes he can be a bit erratic. But lately he's been getting better it seems. Somewhat stable. His 3 point shooting improved a little bit but he still airballs some of them. Josh Hart seems to be the best option to shoot the 3 point shots. He's not consistent either but he's able to make them more than any of the other shooting guard options. His relentless drive to the basket sometimes gets the Lakers some points but he needs to know when to drive and when not to. The King's shooting has been off but he's obviously productive everywhere else. When Rondo and Ingram get back I think the team will do better. During this time, Kuzma has improved a lot. His shooting is more consistent, reads the plays better, etc. He was the best player in general during their absence. So far the Lakers are winning the hard way. Most of the points are in the paint. If they can get the 3 point shots going just a little bit it will take the pressure off James.

Dallas really threw away a game against Atlanta. They should have had that. They let the Hawks get back into the game. Cheap loss. DeRozan has improved obviously as a Spur. He's playing a point-forward kind of role on some possessions. Now he's going for assists, not just a pure scorer. Detroit is off to a great start but they are not a good team. They need shooters too. Good bigs but no shooting help. Boston is not as comfortable as they were last year but that's normal. The rotation looks different this season but they'll probably get it going eventually. I'm not surprised with the Raptors. Kawhi has always been an MVP level player. Put him anywhere he'll take you to the playoffs. His presence also makes weaker players elevate their game. I wonder where the Raptors will fall in the rankings this year. Can they get the #1 spot? The Thunder have been struggling. Part of it was to be expected with Westbrook out. Should have beaten Boston but made a lot of bad decisions in that game. Apparently it seems there are rumors circulating that Houston wants to trade 4 future 1st round picks to the Minnesota for Butler. This will be interesting if this happens.
Rodriguez likes this.
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2018, 12:13
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Anyone seen KDs 4th quarter vs the Knicks? the definition of INSANE, how is this guy not considered the best there is period.

Funny what they did before the game lol: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpa-8Mil..._web_copy_link

Quote:
Earlier in the day, actor Josh Duhamel called out Warriors forward Draymond Green for snickering during Fergie singing the national anthem during the NBA All-Star Game in February. Duhamel, Fergie's ex-husband, went as far as calling Green a "prick" for laughing.

How did the Warriors respond? Just with a remix of Fergie's anthem blasting in the locker room in New York.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor...498761681.html

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in