2019 NBA Season - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 95 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2019, 09:51
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Very bad move imo for the Lakers to go all in from a timing standpoint. The Pelicans front office still wisely waiting till the summer.

Re Porzingis' trade, definitely it's not a great trade for the Knicks. I'm just not so sure there was anything better on the market, they would've received an offer.... Let's be fair, Porzingis probably wasn't going to sign the qualifying offer in New York anyway. Questionable as well if he was prepared to come back & play this season. It would've been a bit tricky trying to sign him during his restricted free agency for anyone.

No expectations..No disappointments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 95 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2019, 14:30 Thread Starter
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Seems New Orleans is not interested in trading before the deadline. The Lakers gave up Svi and a 2021 2nd round pick for Reggie Bullock. I don't expect him to fix their shooting woes much at all. We'll see. The 76ers receive Tobias Harris, Marjanovic and Scott in exchange for Landry Shamet, Chandler, Muscala, two future 1st rounders, two future 2nd rounders. Well, for the Lakers, that's good news considering they are already on the brink of missing the playoffs. They might have a chance to fight for that 8th spot now. Philadelphia seems desperate to compete in the East. They need to focus more on actual coaching, not strictly player acquisition. They have great players. Brett Brown is an incompetent coach.
post #83 of 95 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2019, 15:29
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Nice haul for the Clippers for at best the fourth guy on a playoff team. Jerry West is a savant.
shiaben likes this.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'

post #84 of 95 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2019, 17:20
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Who else but Rondo on the buzzer to beat the Celtics
shiaben likes this.
post #85 of 95 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2019, 04:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Fultz finally offloaded to the Magic.

Sixers starting 5 against Denver:

Embiid
Butler
Reddick
Simmons
Harris
shiaben likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #86 of 95 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2019, 05:33 Thread Starter
International

Major shakeups in the Eastern Conference now. Philadelphia was really fun to watch with that starting 5 against the Lakers. Simmons is going to be passing all over the place and it is going to make for some amazing fast athletic basketball. Toronto upgraded by bringing Marc Gasol. He'll make them a bit more competitive as well. The Celtics are going to have their hands full. They are not playing as well as last year. Hayward, Tatum and Brown are not playing to their standards. Milwaukee was already a tough team and this coach has done a tremendous job, but adding Mirotic is going to make a lot more difficult to deal with. They have a lot of decent big man options to support Giannis and now another solid 3 point shooter. Assuming all these teams are healthy by playoff time, I'd definitely have to say Milwaukee is the team to beat and Philadelphia can make a case for a close 2nd. I wouldn't be surprised if the two play each other in the conference finals.

Magic Johnson is really destroying the Lakers. Svi and Zubac shouldn't have been traded. The Kings upgraded by bringing in Barnes. The Clippers were gifted Zubac. I'm interested to see what's going to happen with the final standings in the west. This is going to be good.
Jeffrey likes this.
post #87 of 95 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2019, 13:17
Star Player

Honestly, I've grown very disillusioned with the whole trade deadline process & the subsequent buyouts. It's getting back to the drawing board, figuring out a functional rotation with even less games left in the regular season, reduced to just gameday shootarounds with no practice time.... It's worthless imo. The 76ers for instance never picked it up after the trade for Butler, I don't see how an average Harris helps their case or enhances their playoff chances! Maybe just for the Finals' sake, the Bucks & Mirotic would work out, because that's seemingly the only team that could actually challenge GSW at all.

post #88 of 95 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2019, 13:23
Star Player

Oh & a huge shoutout to the Pacers & Nate McMillan! I never believed they could bounce back from Oladipo's season-ending injury. They even recovered from a mini losing streak. Great setup, coach of the year material for me. And that's post PG13 as well!
shiaben likes this.

post #89 of 95 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2019, 01:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Who else saw DWade's buzzer beater against the Warriors? Freakish stuff. Just prior to that he nailed a clutch three as well. What a madman.

Sheriff - Harris has been doing great for the Sixers, not sure how you can call him average.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #90 of 95 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2019, 23:20 Thread Starter
International

LeQueen has failed. Finally, the ridiculous GOAT debates will end. Luke Walton will be gone by the end of the season. UCLA might pick him up. However, Tragic Johnson has to go too. They had a chance to get the final spots when Zubac was still there. What a shame. As soon as they traded them they really shot themselves in the dark. The West is more or less determined, standings are what remain. The final spot is still up for grabs in the East. I'm skeptical about the Celtics getting the 4th spot. Irving's heroball antics are destroying that team.
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 15:03
Star Player

Spot on calling out Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Sheriff - Harris has been doing great for the Sixers, not sure how you can call him average.
Harris was just an example to try & get my point through. When I wrote that the 76ers were just fresh off a home loss to Boston. They had 2 more against Portland & Golden State. They're 7-5 at the moment after that trade. If you wish to view Harris' individual stats, sure averaging 20 pts is great contribution, yet just as I've demonstrated the team isn't going anywhere really....

I'm not criticizing the specifics of this particular trade. I didn't expect Brett Brown to figure out a functioning rotation right away & I still don't btw. But they just didn't add a HUGE piece to their jigsaw. Their record & more importantly their game at the moment shows it.

post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 16:45
Star Player

While I don't think Harris is average, the team is still little bit in a transition period. It also didn't help matters when their chemistry was thrown off with Embiid's injury. I was initially perplexed when the Clips decided to let him go, but it sort of makes sense as they have nothing to lose really and are still in a rebuilding process yet are somehow in the playoff picture. Getting Shamet was a steal imo. You get a lethal 3point shooter to ease the load on Galli and Lou. Lakers were also retarded letting Zubac go. In any case, basketball is so random these days. You have garbage teams beating so called favorites, Spurs struggling most of the season and now are clicking on all cylinders etc. Playoffs will be the only true way to judge these teams.

Bogut back with GS . I really thought he was done with the NBA, but seemingly the MVP season he had in the Aussie league did the trick.
shiaben likes this.
post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 16:12 Thread Starter
International

Even in this day and age Bogut gives the Warriors more stability than Cousins does. The latter is a headcase. The Celtics were starting to look better when they were running the ball through Hayward. Unfortunately, he's out for now with a neck injury. We have about 10 games left and the West is still going on strong. 5-8 are beating themselves up to avoid playing the Warriors in the first round. My instincts tell me the Spurs will claw for a 5-6 spot, difficult to predict the other 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if OKC ends up with 8th spot. Westbrook has thrown away a lot of cheap games for the Thunder like the Celtics have this season.

I wonder if the Raptors can sneak away with the #1 spot in the East in the last minute of the season. The thing is the Bucks are missing Brogdon and now Mirotic.
post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2019, 04:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzdabvpM2M#dialog

Seen this @Tigerheart ? Classy tribute from Spurs.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2019, 10:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Hadn't seen that until now but saw the last home match with the legends coming to say farewell to Dirk.

Unbelievable player.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in