Kevin Garnett vs. Tim Duncan - Xtratime Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 07:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Kevin Garnett vs. Tim Duncan

I've been watching this guy's video's... they're very entertaining. In this one he makes a case that KG is the greatest power forward of all time, better than Duncan in his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 11:19
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
I can't be objective in this one since KG was more or less nr one reason I liked NBA as a kid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 11:24
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
I think it has to be Big Fundamental but what about Chuck and Cvnt Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 11:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Malone is definitely the best power forward in NBA history to have raped a 13 year old girl.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 11:57
Xtratime Legend

Why does everyone seem to say she was 13? The original reports were that the mother was 13 at the time of birth. People seem to be inferring she was also 13 when she was impregnated which isn't necessarily true.

When was the mother born? Can't find anything on that. The son was born on 3 May 1984 when the mother was 13.

EDIT: Not that it really matters. But small things like this bug the hell out of me.

Quote:
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 12:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 15:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Dirk Nowitzki. Case closed.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 15:42
Xtratime Legend

Dirk is top 10 but not better than Tim. Chuck is comfortably better too.

Quote:
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 20:08
Star Player

KG was definitely the more versatile player, but what separated Timmy from the rest was his amazing, yet consistent, defensive prowess. He was capable of defending pretty much anyone except for Shaq. Being with the Spurs franchise certainly contributes a lot to your success, even in the defensive regard as you will often catch players out of position, although at the same time you could also make an argument why Tim never came close to KG in assists and that is solely down to the Spurs system where the ball was constantly on the move. Ball hogging was never a thing for them.

In hindsight though, I'd take a tank like Karl Malone any day. Pure consistency. Granted, dude was nothing to write home about defensively but he was no slouch either. Excelled in all other areas.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 20:14
Xtratime Legend

You can have Malone, his dirty elbows and his child support-dodging ass. I'll take Chuck over Malone any day of the week!

Quote:
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 22:01
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
You can have Malone, his dirty elbows and his child support-dodging ass. I'll take Chuck over Malone any day of the week!

Chuck was no saint either, be that on the court or off the court . Have you heard of his infamous late night altercation at some bar in Orlando when the Rockets came to play the Magic? Supposedly some guy was nagging him all night and then decided to throw a glass of ice at him, after which Chuck snapped and hurled the guy threw a window. The guy lay bloodied on the floor and shortly after Chuck was arrested. In classic, no fvcks given fashion, Chuck told the judge, "I regret we weren't on the second floor"

Here's some detective work for you Firdaus. Your theory?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...g-nba/66663346

Btw lol @ Scott Brooks
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 22:38
International

Which one had the highest peak? If you have to pick one of them for one seaosn, who do you choose? Or for a single game?
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2018, 23:51
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla_ View Post

Chuck was no saint either, be that on the court or off the court . Have you heard of his infamous late night altercation at some bar in Orlando when the Rockets came to play the Magic? Supposedly some guy was nagging him all night and then decided to throw a glass of ice at him, after which Chuck snapped and hurled the guy threw a window. The guy lay bloodied on the floor and shortly after Chuck was arrested. In classic, no fvcks given fashion, Chuck told the judge, "I regret we weren't on the second floor"

Here's some detective work for you Firdaus. Your theory?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...g-nba/66663346

Btw lol @ Scott Brooks
I've never seen an actual shortlist for that.

I know it's supposed to be Mase but my guess was Allan Houston.

I don't think anything actually happened ftr.

Anyway, here's the thought process.

The person in question had to be someone Big had no respect for and who had no credibility at the time. That meant Ewing, Oak, Mase and LJ should be off the list. Unless of course Big had beef with them for some other reason, which is possible. Houston was kind of a Mama's boy who didn't have everything together for the Knicks when he arrived and he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for no real reason except maybe the fact he was taking over from Starks. People would believe it could happen to him because he wasn't one of the tough guys but he seems like the kind of dude to have a hottie too.

What would Big have against Mase though? I mean, I never liked him but he was an NY fan favourite and a bad boy along with Starks and Oak.

Quote:
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 00:44
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
My guess is that KG would easily be above Duncan in the all-time list had he been drafted by the Spurs and Duncan by Minnesota.
Osman and Jeffrey like this.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 01:48
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I always thought Malone was a piece of shit and I've always been a huge fan of Chuck, very entertaining player and awesome personality.

With that said, I still think Chuck was overrated as a player. I'd imagine It would be easier to build a team around Malone than it would around Chuck. Chuck was a great talent, did some amazing things on the court but I don't think he made the teams he played for that much better.

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 01:52
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
My guess is that KG would easily be above Duncan in the all-time list had he been drafted by the Spurs and Duncan by Minnesota.
I don't think I'd use the word "easily" when saying KG was better than Duncan. It's tight, very tight. What would tip the balance for me is what type of team are we going to build around these guys. They were very different types of players.

KG was probably the most versatile and talented PF to ever play the game.

TD was probably the most dominate PF in the low post and trenches to ever play the game.

It's a tough call.

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 02:06
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I've never seen an actual shortlist for that.

I know it's supposed to be Mase but my guess was Allan Houston.

I don't think anything actually happened ftr.

Anyway, here's the thought process.

The person in question had to be someone Big had no respect for and who had no credibility at the time. That meant Ewing, Oak, Mase and LJ should be off the list. Unless of course Big had beef with them for some other reason, which is possible. Houston was kind of a Mama's boy who didn't have everything together for the Knicks when he arrived and he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for no real reason except maybe the fact he was taking over from Starks. People would believe it could happen to him because he wasn't one of the tough guys but he seems like the kind of dude to have a hottie too.

What would Big have against Mase though? I mean, I never liked him but he was an NY fan favourite and a bad boy along with Starks and Oak.
If I had to guess it was probably Chris Childs. We've ruled out guys like Ewing, Oak and LJ for reasons you listed above. As a player in that era, it would be a really bad idea to fuk a superstar like Malone's life. Imagine the possible fall out if Malone found out and a physical altercation took place on the court. The person in question would most likely get blackballed by Stern for hurting the image of the NBA. I used to watch basketball religiously back then and Allen Houston in his interviews always came off as a very rational and intelligent person, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to fuk Malone's wife when these guys have access too so much poon. Chris Childs is my guess because the guy was one of those hood rats with an IQ under 80. I can picture him doing something that stupid. Now if it was in fact Mase, that wouldn't shock me either. That guy always seemed a little off, perhaps he got a kick out of fukin his rival's wife. Who knows.

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 03:56
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Dirk Nowitzki. Case closed.
No.

post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 12:18
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniceri View Post
If I had to guess it was probably Chris Childs. We've ruled out guys like Ewing, Oak and LJ for reasons you listed above. As a player in that era, it would be a really bad idea to fuk a superstar like Malone's life. Imagine the possible fall out if Malone found out and a physical altercation took place on the court. The person in question would most likely get blackballed by Stern for hurting the image of the NBA. I used to watch basketball religiously back then and Allen Houston in his interviews always came off as a very rational and intelligent person, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to fuk Malone's wife when these guys have access too so much poon. Chris Childs is my guess because the guy was one of those hood rats with an IQ under 80. I can picture him doing something that stupid. Now if it was in fact Mase, that wouldn't shock me either. That guy always seemed a little off, perhaps he got a kick out of fukin his rival's wife. Who knows.
It's the other way around. The song by Notorious BIG was about Notorious BIG sleeping with the gf of one of those players. So now who do you think the player is?

Quote:
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 14:18
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Malone is definitely the best power forward in NBA history to have raped a 13 year old girl.
now now...he was underage too when this happened and it was consensual sex, as the girl became pregnant, which can't happen during legit rape (source: GOP pro-life experts)

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in