2017/18 Season - Xtratime Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2017, 11:22 Thread Starter
Rising Star

2017/18 Season

Still got Eight Weeks to go but got my Power Rankings up for the mid-summer!

Random Picks:

OKC #2
When the Thunder lost Kevin Durant to the Warriors last summer, a lot of analysts and experts had painted them as a team in total distress. Russell Westbrookís MVP season brought some hope to Oklahoma, and the addition of Paul George for spare parts (the same exact pieces the franchise acquired in exchange for Serge Ibaka) is bringing in a lot of well deserved buzz. George should fit in well with Westbrook, as both have the tools to be elite defenders while the fact they can rely on each other for scoring will allow them to preserve some energy for the defensive end. Patrick Patterson was also one of the most underrated pick-ups of the free agency period, and Terrence Ferguson is a sharpshooter who is a year away from being a year away to be a full time contributor.

Denver #10
Denver had a solid summer, adding the perfect big man to compliment Nikola Jokic in Millsap while keeping itís young guns around for another year of improvement in Gary Harris, Jamal Murray and Emmanuel Mudiay. Wilson Chandler and Will Barton will be relied upon for their defensive play on the wings, which could determine the extent of Denverís success.

Chicago #20
Jimmy Butler era has come to an end in Chicago as the Bulls look to retool with the additions of Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn & Lauri Markkanen. Denzel Valentine, Christian Felicio & Bobby Portis should give Fred Hoiberg improvement, while Dwyane Wade is expected to give leadership as Chicago is in a treadmill situation, not bad enough to bottom out, and not really good enough to make noise in the playoffs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2017, 19:13 Thread Starter
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2017, 19:52 Thread Starter
Rising Star

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2017, 21:58
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Starts tonight with a great match-up...Celtics v Cavs in Boston. Leborn vs Irving

Rockets v GSW should be great too.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2017, 01:18
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Hayward breaks his leg 1Q

Celtics season done

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2017, 01:18
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

everybody in total shock...it's like a funeral out there

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2017, 02:00
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I just noticed NBA jerseys now have sponsor logos? wtf

at least the ones on Cavs and Celtics jerseys are low-key and not eyesores

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2017, 02:11
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Celtics loses the 1st half by 16 points. Mostly thanks to clanking everything from downtown.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2017, 20:10
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
I just noticed NBA jerseys now have sponsor logos? wtf

at least the ones on Cavs and Celtics jerseys are low-key and not eyesores
And unsurprisingly the poor quality by Nike is striking with those jerseys ripping apart easily. Bron's got ripped and I've seen one in the preseason too. I really have a difficult time when has any of that happened before???

Not that Chicago had any hope this season, but they are even more now in dire straits after the Portis-Mirotic altercation. Some reports say Mirotic got sucker punched and has a concussion
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2017, 04:17
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
Basketball is so boring it's an actual discussion about the integrity of the cotton they use when making the uniforms.

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2017, 21:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2017, 17:43
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
This is a pretty tense season so far. Already there are a lot of key injuries and the season has barely started. The Chicago Bulls situation was ridiculous. Now it seems likely they'll have to give up both those players. Portis is an idiot. Mirotic will probably be looking to escape that team ASAP. And at the same time the Bulls wouldn't want to have Portis around either I would assume given how he initiated this messy situation to begin with.

The Eastern Conference is still pretty weak and the Cavs should find a way to make another final. There's pressure for Giannis to have a MVP kind of performance this season and he'll probably do his part but I'm not sure about the Bucks unfortunately, their coaching and roster isn't doing too well.

I have a feeling the Warriors won't 3peat this season. No valid reasons but just have a gut feeling we'll see some surprises in the playoffs.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 17:30
puzz!eshock
Premier Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund
Detroit baby!

a tough stretch comin up though but 5-0 at home is impressive and hopefully we can get in hard now on the road and prove to be the real deal

****** batman n robin, im robbin' with a bat, man
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2017, 01:01
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
Hayward breaks his leg 1Q

Celtics season done
Was this a troll?

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2018, 19:15
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Cousins out for the season because of an achilles injury. TBH...kind of saw something like this coming considering the Pelicans have no bench, rely heavily on two big men to carry them through every game. Jrue Holiday has been finding some form lately, he's slowly getting his game back. Rondo hasn't been too much of a factor. Can the Pelicans still make the playoffs with Cousins being gone though? I doubt Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday and Moore will be enough. Oklahoma also lose Roberson for the rest of the season, but they should still be able to make the playoffs. There might be a chance for both the Clippers and Nuggets to make the playoffs because of Cousin's situation. Warriors-Celtics had their 2nd game, Warriors win this time but the games are very close. They seem to go toe to toe. Tatum wasn't as impressive this time around and that will be very important for the Celtics should they reach the NBA finals. Tatum and Brown will have to be consistent on offense in the playoffs to take pressure off Irving. We're approaching the trade deadline, no moves yet...
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2018, 02:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Grizzlies go down by 61 pts... ouch.

6th worst defeat in nba history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 05:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Manu Ginobili recorded 17 points in the Spurs win tonight against the Trail Blazers...

http://mobile.twitter.com/AirlessJor...887%26page%3D3

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 06:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldwho? View Post
Basketball is so boring it's an actual discussion about the integrity of the cotton they use when making the uniforms.
Lately I find myself more interested in basketball than football... I can't remember the last time I watched a match honestly.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2018, 20:07
Xtratime Legend

Yeah I'm the same. Probably. Well maybe not but I do watch a lot of basketball lately. I was trolling with that post.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2018, 00:58
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

so it's the final round of NBA regular season and as luck would have it, it's Nuggets vs Wolves on tied wins at8th and 9th place facing each other tonight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in