• 1 Post By rilla_
  • 1 Post By Andy Christ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 15:04 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Zion Williamson - the next LeBron?

a monstrous 6'7, 230-lbs 16 year old with elite hops and athleticism...cue the LeBron comparisons

but he really looks very promising

here are his highlights from just one game:

Hopefully he'll join the Gamecocks (South Carolina is his home state).

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 15:20
Rising Star

Isn't 6'7 just average in the NBA?

Formerly Jeffrey, ILA etc.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 15:31 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Well, LeBron is 6'8 and 250lbs so for a 16-year old kid to have almost similar body to him (with comparable athleticism as well) is petty special.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 15:33
Rising Star

Maybe he's not... just kidding

Formerly Jeffrey, ILA etc.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 15:35
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
If I'm not mistaken, he isn't even a consensus #1 talent by the major recruiting boards.

LeBron was a lock.
Firdaus likes this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 16:16 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

well yeah, LeBron's basketball IQ and passing skills were clearly through the roof even as a teenager...Williamson most likely will not be as good as him but he's a ball-handling dunk-happy point forward with a very similar body and physical abilities by the same age. so I think it's a natural comparison.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 16:23
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
He's irrelevant Andrew. We need someone now. We need someone to stop the Warriors!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2017, 18:59
Star Player

I saw his compilation through one of Professor's videos, and I must admit the guy is special indeed. Since he is pretty much an adult playing a bunch of kids, I'd love to see him in college first in order to make a proper assessment.

Btw, did anyone catch the highlights of LaMelo play those Compton goons with that one blonde haired white guy ? Talk about the difference in physique and the score to boot
Firdaus likes this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2018, 14:40 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

he's in Duke now and mad hype has started even before he's played a single official game

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ot-even-close/

https://www.businessinsider.com/duke...-weight-2018-8
Firdaus likes this.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2018, 15:16
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
The guy seems to have the chunky DNA where he'll inflate in a number of years. How good are his ranged jumpers? From some highlights, he looks like he's Larry Johnson Mk II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2018, 16:19
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
The guy seems to have the chunky DNA where he'll inflate in a number of years. How good are his ranged jumpers? From some highlights, he looks like he's Larry Johnson Mk II.
Yeah so far there's been a great hype train built around him. I just hope he's the real deal after his one and done is over with. At this point he doesn't have the jumper unfortunately. His defensive lineman body and his vertical leap are his selling points so far. I hope to see how he'll be able to utilize his athleticism at the NCAA level against the bigger teams. This is one of Duke's best recruiting classes again (maybe more athletic than the other years). Three guys around the same size with allegedly good talent and the last recruit just a basic point guard (brother of Tyus Jones). I guess another freshman team might fall short at the tournament level but I hope at least 2 of the 3 top recruits of theirs are legit.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2018, 12:13 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

guy has a 40-inch vert and weighs more than any NBA player except Marjanovic

[TUB]P28WzQoNyeA[/TUB]

he could already beast in NBA

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2019, 12:07 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

he has been destroying college ball

42 PER and 68 FG%

lock #1 pick

scary looking injury though:

https://sports.yahoo.com/barack-obam...052756104.html

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2019, 14:22
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Not seen him play an actual game, but if he can D up and be good at the defensive end, the sky is the limit for this guy.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2019, 05:40
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Would help if Nike made him some half-decent shoes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 11:13 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

He has pretty much the greatest mass/explosiveness ratio in the history of basketball. It's insane to think that this 18yo kid weighs more than any NBA player except Marjanovic and yet is one of the greatest leapers in the game.

One of the most promising natural talents ever...of course he doesn't have LeBron's basketball mind or court vision...but still I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes almost as big of a star.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2019, 09:30
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Yeah but can he compete with Giannis?

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2019, 21:08 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Summer League has started

Zion will make his debut in the Pelicans shirt. He will face his Duke teammate RJ Barrett who plays for the visiting Knicks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in