NCAA March Madness - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: who will win the title?
Kansas 1 16.67%
Gonzaga 1 16.67%
Tar Heels 0 0%
Arizona 1 16.67%
UCLA 1 16.67%
Kentucky 1 16.67%
Baylor 0 0%
Oregon 1 16.67%
somebody else 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2017, 01:07 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
NCAA March Madness

so who's going to win it? make your predictions...

I have no idea, haven't watched a game of college ball this season. But I guess I will be in the coming weeks...

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2017, 01:21
Premier Player

Teams: PALIO PASOK! (to orthodoxo*), +Olympiacos, Greece
Oregon.

Tyler Dorsey#darealmvp

Tha Seveste!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2017, 13:28
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
I don't have time to check it out and haven't seen the latest results yet but I guess I'd go with Kansas (although I wouldn't be surprised if they get upset since Bill Self is an overrated coach) but it doesn't mean anything really. I wonder if this season will be as open as last year. I doubt it but here is hoping to some upsets. I'm curious to see how far UCLA can go. For the first time in a long time they have better material to work with.

Last edited by shiaben; March 22nd, 2017 at 13:33.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2017, 13:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I work with an American who asked me to play this year. I know nothing about college basketball so did my picks based on instinct. Thus far it hasn't worked out well. I had Gonzaga to win so fingers crossed they go all the way.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2017, 04:09 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

this UCLA-Kentucky game is really good

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2017, 04:55 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Convincing win for Kentucky. Fox and Monk were great.

South Carolina with a big win over Baylor...going to root for them from now on as they have an Estonian starting.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2017, 05:56
International

I can see Xavier beating Gonzaga. Gonzaga can be undisciplined at times and they come from an easier division. North Carolina-Kentucky, lots of big names in the same part of the bracket. I'll root for South Carolina as well since they're traditionally much weaker than say a team like Xavier which has always been a solid program.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2017, 03:51 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Impressive win by Oregon in Kansas City...Jordan Bell 8 blocks and tons of offensive boards.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2017, 04:14
International

This tournament is very unpredictable this season. Xavier got crushed by Gonzaga. Good opportunity for Gonzaga to go deeper. Oregon is a tricky team but damn, they beat Kansas. Sindarius Thornwell's NBA stock went up after he made this deep run to the elite eight. If they beat Florida, they'll find themselves in the final four. These are new grounds so far for South Carolina. Kentucky-North Carolina should be another close one, at least on paper. Think Kentucky should beat them. But then again this tournament has been surprising so far. I like it.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2017, 21:46 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

congrats Gamecocks. very confident performance...and Maik "Mike" Kotsar becomes the first Estonian player ever in the Final Four.
shiaben likes this.

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2017, 22:08
Premier Player

Already called it, Oregon is going to win it. Tyler Dorsey has been impressive so far, I believe he has scored over 20 points in the last 7 games. Would be surprised though if he declares for the draft this year, if he waits one more season he could be a late first round pick.

Like every born and raised guy in the US, his dream is to play in the league where #amazinghappens but Imo he's going to be a dominant SG in Europe. We should exploit the fact that he's half Greek and make a move to sign him in Oly. Thankfully we already called him up in the national team, not that I believe the US one would steal him from us
shiaben likes this.

Tha Seveste!
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2017, 00:19
International

As long as North Carolina doesn't win it. It should be a good tournament. Have any of these other 3 ever won a NCAA in the past? I don't recall, if so, it would be awesome to get another first time winner.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2017, 00:33 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Kentucky kinda shat the bed in clutch time and gave it away to NC...they seemed to be in control 4 minutes before the end but then there was like 10-0 run or something by the Tar Heels.

will be a cool Final Four for sure...I suppose NC will be the favorites to win the whole thing now

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2017, 00:38 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proedros View Post
Already called it, Oregon is going to win it. Tyler Dorsey has been impressive so far, I believe he has scored over 20 points in the last 7 games. Would be surprised though if he declares for the draft this year, if he waits one more season he could be a late first round pick.

Like every born and raised guy in the US, his dream is to play in the league where #amazinghappens but Imo he's going to be a dominant SG in Europe. We should exploit the fact that he's half Greek and make a move to sign him in Oly. Thankfully we already called him up in the national team, not that I believe the US one would steal him from us
Euro national teams should not be allowed to use American players IMO if they have nothing to do with this country's basketball system.

BTW he isn't even half Greek, as her mother's mother is an Israeli Jew (and Jewishness comes by maternal line).

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2017, 00:40 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
As long as North Carolina doesn't win it. It should be a good tournament. Have any of these other 3 ever won a NCAA in the past? I don't recall, if so, it would be awesome to get another first time winner.
Oregon won it in the 30s but haven't been in the Final Four since then...Gonzaga and SC have never been there before.

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2017, 05:55
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
Euro national teams should not be allowed to use American players IMO if they have nothing to do with this country's basketball system.

BTW he isn't even half Greek, as her mother's mother is an Israeli Jew (and Jewishness comes by maternal line).

Wrong, there's bloodline connection through his mother's parents.

Tha Seveste!

Last edited by Proedros; March 27th, 2017 at 11:30.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2017, 12:54
International

He's a bit of both. His mother is Greek paternally, Israeli maternally. So he can claim any passport of his choosing. His father I guess is the American in this picture.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2017, 14:36 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yeah he's like quarter Greek I guess...but that's not the point. As a player he has nothing to do with Greece's basketball system.

It's really getting out of hand in international basketball, all those NT's taking in American players.

IMO they should only be allowed to use players who are born in the country or lived there at least 2 years,

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2017, 23:58 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Gonzaga with a 9 point lead at half time. Thornwell hasn't really done much for the Gamecocks, while Gonzaga got their game going after their fat Pole center went out with eye injury.

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:37
International

Interesting to see Gonzaga in a final. New territory for them. But I can't see them hurting the winner of the other game.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in