NBA Summer Free Agency - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2016, 20:33 Thread Starter
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
NBA Summer Free Agency

It has begun and it is crazy. Powerful TV revenues really making the teams go all out.

Lakers:

-Deng 4 years 72 million
-Mozgov 4 years 64 million

Trailblazers:
-Turner 4 years 70 million

Grizzlies
-Conley 5 years 153 million lmao...

Raptors
-DeRozan 5 years 145 million

Knicks
-Noah 4 years 72 million

NBA free agency tracker: Updates and analysis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2016, 21:56
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Wtf 152m and 145m and not even superstars lol

If only Knicks had Rose and Noah like 5y ago
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2016, 17:49
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Durant to GSW, who actually saw this one coming!!! OKC are screwed, big time. GSW didn't sacrifice much, Barnes & Bogut are dispensable really. Can't help but question GSW's line of thought, though, how they view their stars, especially after this year's Finals....

No expectations..No disappointments

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2016, 20:06
Star Player

I'm disappointed if the rumors are in fact true about Bogut. GS need cap space for KD, but this leaves a gaping hole for teams to exploit. Ezeli sucks, as he is nowhere near the defender that Bogut is, much less a passer. Even though the Warriors have gained so many pluses with this KD trade, their defense will suffer as a result of it. Bogut is if anything indispensable considering the alternatives.

I guess even more small ball to come...
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2016, 20:57
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
the nba is officially dead. bunch of pussys have to team up to win anything.
real legends like jordan, bird, duncan, bill russell would never do anything like this.

congrats to the warriors. they have just won the next 3-5 titles. lol

In giro per il mondo
C’č solo una bandiera
Ha solo due colori
Č quella rossonera
Č quando vedo il milan
Non ci stň dentro piů
Io canto per il diavolo
Dai fallo pure tu
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2016, 21:24
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Bursaspor, Turkiye
I wouldn't be so sure. Yeah, they have more firepower now, but there are limits and drawbacks to having 3 superstar-level players on the court at the same time. I'm going to wait and see what happens.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 10:05
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Yeah their effectiveness is of course limited by the shots they can take...I'm a bit surprised by Durant's decision, not sure if it was a wise move. And it's also lame that he left OKC now when they finally became legit good. It's actually almost as lame as LeBron's The Decision, but of course KD will escape the backlash as he's a "nice guy".

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 10:39 Thread Starter
International

The whole world is shocked by this. I didn't think Durant would be the sellout type. I mean usually the whole selling out happens when teams fail to build around the superstar with good material. What did he want??? This was different from the situation where Cleveland put garbage around James, like a retarded Shaq and Jamison who were useless. This dude has quality players around him and with Oladipo coming in (which Durant praised and complimented) and Sabonis to fill that Ibaka void, what does he expect? Seems he just wanted a big market the whole time and enough super star power to win the ring the easy way. This is going to be damn interesting to see what happens. They still need to get a big otherwise they'll get punished again. Spurs already made 2 decent moves, potentially another player to work with Leonard, and now the Pau Gasol signing.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 11:05 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossonero23 View Post
the nba is officially dead. bunch of pussys have to team up to win anything.
real legends like jordan, bird, duncan, bill russell would never do anything like this.

congrats to the warriors. they have just won the next 3-5 titles. lol
True...but in regard to the final point, they won't win 3-5 titles. We saw what happened with the Lakers 2004 (all star team lol), Celtics 2008, and the Heat. Sounds only easy on paper, in reality the case is much different.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Westbrook in a Knicks Jersey next season after this event.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 11:10
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Maybe he simply didn't like playing with the ballhog Westbrook? OKC despite of all the physical talent and length and skill on their roster never looked like a team playing smart team basketball...which to some extent was definitely connected to their PG.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 11:17
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I also have a feeling that KD does not enjoy being a superstar in the spotlight...he doesn't have a big ego and it seems he doesn't want to carry the team in pressure situations. So going to GSW might be an attempt to become simply a regular starter in one of the greatest teams ever. More rings and less responsibility.

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 13:21
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
They should've blocked this move imo

Ezeili, Bogut and Barnes all gone though. I actually think they won't win it right away ala Miami, but this is impressive.

Knicks with the 2011 All Star team although Jennings is a good signing when fit
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 13:26
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

god, this Knicks team will be brutally bad to watch...they'll have one of the worst starting lineups in the league for sure, especially as Noah and Rose can't stay fit. They now signed Brandon Jennings too, lol.

what's with both NY teams loving washed-up ex-stars so much?

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 18:14
Star Player

Knicks are better than last year. If everyone can stay healthy, they should be in the playoffs.

Comments like this make KD look like a hypocrite, but I can't be mad at him. Bron Bron set a precedent with these types of super teams. There's also no reason why players should remain loyal to teams like back in the day when they can be traded at any moment. It is a lucrative short term deal for him that will also make his life easier offensively. Players are unfortunately judged by their rings, and I reckon his ambition is to at least get one as soon as possible. This GS team will be a nighmare to guard. All the open shots Barnes missed in the finals and throughout the regular season, KD will feast on them. Not to mention when one of the 3 guys has a bad shooting night, there will be options in abundance. GS acquired Zaza from the Mavs, but that still doesn't solve their rim protection weakness. Should be a fun season nevertheless
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2016, 10:41
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla_ View Post
Knicks are better than last year. If everyone can stay healthy, they should be in the playoffs.

Comments like this make KD look like a hypocrite, but I can't be mad at him. Bron Bron set a precedent with these types of super teams. There's also no reason why players should remain loyal to teams like back in the day when they can be traded at any moment. It is a lucrative short term deal for him that will also make his life easier offensively. Players are unfortunately judged by their rings, and I reckon his ambition is to at least get one as soon as possible. This GS team will be a nighmare to guard. All the open shots Barnes missed in the finals and throughout the regular season, KD will feast on them. Not to mention when one of the 3 guys has a bad shooting night, there will be options in abundance. GS acquired Zaza from the Mavs, but that still doesn't solve their rim protection weakness. Should be a fun season nevertheless

This is how Lebron James haters are trying to justify things, "Lebron set a precedent". Lebron didnt do any of this shit, and if you think its the same .Then your a clown, well you are one.

1 -Lebron went from 61 win team Cleveland to 47 win team in Miami that lost in round 1 the last 2 years.
Durant went from 55 win team OKC to 73 win team in Golden State that won a championship 2 years ago and lost a final last year.

2 - Lebron went away from playing with Mo Williams. That was best player next to him. Kevin Durant went away from Russell Westbrook who is a legit superstar unlike MO Williams.

3 - Miami or Wade Never ever defeated Lebron in playoffs. Durant just lost to Golden State.

Lebron going to Miami and joining forces with Wade, was the same like Allen Iverson ( aka the cancer) going to play with Carmelo Anthony in Denver.

Durant joining Golden State, is like Lebron going to the Pistons in 2006 or Celtics in 2010 or Spurs in 2014.

So there is massive difference, put your dumb hate aside.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2016, 23:22
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJames View Post
This is how Lebron James haters are trying to justify things, "Lebron set a precedent". Lebron didnt do any of this shit, and if you think its the same .Then your a clown, well you are one.

1 -Lebron went from 61 win team Cleveland to 47 win team in Miami that lost in round 1 the last 2 years.
Durant went from 55 win team OKC to 73 win team in Golden State that won a championship 2 years ago and lost a final last year.

2 - Lebron went away from playing with Mo Williams. That was best player next to him. Kevin Durant went away from Russell Westbrook who is a legit superstar unlike MO Williams.

3 - Miami or Wade Never ever defeated Lebron in playoffs. Durant just lost to Golden State.

Lebron going to Miami and joining forces with Wade, was the same like Allen Iverson ( aka the cancer) going to play with Carmelo Anthony in Denver.

Durant joining Golden State, is like Lebron going to the Pistons in 2006 or Celtics in 2010 or Spurs in 2014.

So there is massive difference, put your dumb hate aside.
Boo hoo, get your head and warped mind outta Bron's asshole for once. Both did the exact same thing irrespective of prior results.

Remind me how many rings he had prior to joining Miami? Exactly. Same applies to KD.

Bron SAW (hint hint) a direct path to the championship because he would have an in prime top 5 SG in NBA history as well as Bosh to rally with. How in the **** is this not same?

And before you go all bonkers and menstrual again, I'm not mad at either of them for choosing the easier route. It's their choice at the end of the day.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2016, 10:38
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
So D.Wade..
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2016, 10:42
Rookie

You failed to address any of the points I made. Completely schooled in the argument.
You said Lebron set a precedent but what Lebron did been happening in NBA history. Players not contending coming together. Wade/Miami/Bosh were not contending for the title in 2010 , 2009 or heck even 2008.
The Cancer Iverson went to play with Melo. Chris Webber went to play with Iverson. KG, PIERCE and RAY came to play together.
Shaq went to LA from Orlando, and then went to play for Wade in Miami. Wait why did Lebron set a precedent by going to play with Wade, but not Shaq??? HAHAHA. Howard went to play with Harden in Houston.

What KD did is on complete different level, and you just want to hate on Lebron.So shut up.
This is like Lebron going to the Spurs in 2014, not Cleveland. Or Lebron going to LA/Boston not Miami in 2010. Even funnier, going to Dallas in 2011.
You dont see the difference from your hater angle, shut up.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2016, 16:50
Star Player

I ignored to address your points because, well, they are moot. What I argued first and foremost was stars in prime playing alongside.

I'll indulge in your inconsistency though:

-Wade and Bosh with a solid third option would contend -whether that is Bibby or someone else to fill the void for Bron. They'll just have to carry a much bigger load themselves

-Two ball hogs competing to score is always a recipe for disaster without a clear plan. I always maintained Iverson was best suited with a supporting cast composed primarily of defensive players. Melo is a garbage team player, completely irrelevant lol

-Celtics team was great (still not the same caliber as Miami, sorry). For a brief 2 year period (99-00) Portland had a very good team too. Granted some players were past it, they were still among the contenders in a stacked western conference but surely not favorites

-The inability for Shaq to coexist with Kobe and Lakers was their undoing. One had to go. Shaq was starting to rapidly fade health wise but was still decent enough to win one with Wade. The only team that I thought was frightening was the '00 Lakers with the likes of Shaq/Kobe/Rice and a very good core of role players

-lol @ your last argument. Bron had no answers for the Boston team, so what did he do? He created a super team to get over the hump. You can slice it however you want. Mind you a lot of the stuff you brought up required trades, complete overhaul of the team etc. GS drafted Curry/Klay/Green and only acquired KD via free agency. They would be otherwise content with Barnes and Bogut if that deal failed.

KD did bail on OKC prematurely while he and Westbrook are still very much in their prime. Outside of those two guys however, that team is not a threat offensively, and it hasn't worked out for them apparently. I'll admit though that they were imo the best playoff team and were dominating GS like no other team before and surprised me against the Spurs. I would have loved seeing OKC in the final trash the Cavs because defensively they matched up quite well. Similarly to how the Cavs neutralized Klay and Steph, I could see OKC completely shutting down Cleveland with their length. Good luck driving to the basket. Bron would be busy building houses with his bricks, while Kyrie would be the only hope left.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2016, 18:28
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

lol @ bran stans signing up on soccer forums

KingJames, are you Mr Pasquale?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in