2016 Draft - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2016, 16:07 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
2016 Draft

The lottery is tonight and some clueless ****ing team will get a chance to draft the best talent coming through.

It's a sad state of affairs though with the talent coming through, looks like a shitfest of draft after the top 2 picks. Is there anyone worth keeping an eye on apart from Simmons or Ingram? Are Simmons and Ingram worth the hype or are they busts? Will the Lakers get their pick or will it end up with Philly?

Let's do this bitches.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2016, 06:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
This is the first time ever that the NBA lottery draft went in the projected order
There will still be people who cry conspiracies or rigging given that Dikembe Mutombo sent a congratulatory tweet to the Sixers on winning the draft lottery about 2 hours before the draft commenced. Anyway, I am glad the Lakers kept their pick and no commissioner can overturn it for basketball reasons

2016 Lottery Picks:
1. Philadelphia
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston (From Brooklyn)
4. Phoenix
5. Minnesota
6. New Orleans
7. Denver (From New York)
8. Sacramento
9. Toronto (From Denver via New York)
10. Milwaukee
11. Orlando
12. Utah
13. Phoenix (From Washington)
14. Chicago
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2016, 07:42
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
My prediction is that better players will emerge after the first two picks. The first two picks haven't shown anything worthy of their rankings. Ben Simmons is athletic and an amazing passer for a big man, but the thing is he struggled against some good teams and never was able to participate in NCAA. He's had some very poor games too. He's going to need a good 3 years before he shows some potential star talent in the NBA. He'll need a few seasons to get his shot down. As far as Brandon Ingram is concerned, he was disappointing. Didn't do much against Oregon. Quite skinny and doesn't drive too much to the hoop. Of course not all players play well during the college season, but I think he's overhyped and I don't think he'll turn anywhere close to a Durant type of player. He'll probably be as good as someone like Evan Turner or a Michael Beasley. These two also received monster hype and look where they're at right now. Just decent role players or sparks off the bench.

I was impressed with Buddy Hield. He really put up a show during the regular season games as well as the NCAA. I just can't ignore a guy with 4 years and an impressive college basketball performance. Not only does he produce big shots from downtown but he's also not afraid to drive and take it to the rim. He has a short wingspan but I think if he works hard enough he can be a good player. Maybe not all-star level in the NBA but still good enough to produce some scoring for a team that's really struggling in creating shots.

Domantas Sabonis, son of the former Sabonis, had an impressive showing. He never had a bad game this season. A consistent double double machine. He still has ways to go but I think he's a safer pick among the big men selections and deserves to make a case in the top 10 somewhere, even as high as 6.

Skal Labissiere dissappointed. There was some pre-season hype about him but he struggled unfortunately. Still could be a good player if he goes to an organization that's willing to develop him.

Denzel Valentine I've heard has good potential to turn out really good. He's also a senior but he's been playing more like a playmaker and not just as an ordinary shooter. Had a poor tournament but I wouldn't count him out.

Ultimately...most of these guys will go bust or become role players unless some of these organizations bring the best out of them. I think many of these types are the kind that need some strong organizations to develop them. If not many of them will go to waste. This seems to be one of those years where the real gems are truly left hidden and I wouldn't be surprised if some dude in the 2nd round becomes a star. It is all going to depend on the development since this year there wasn't too many sure fire star players.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2016, 13:29
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
This is the first time ever that the NBA lottery draft went in the projected order
Rigged!!!

It's pretty ironic btw that now when Sixers fired the tank commander Hinkie, they finally got lucky in the draft and new guys will enjoy the spoils of his work.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2016, 13:52
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Simmons is a pretty safe pick really, very solid overall skills + great size and athleticism. No-brainer first pick...this year is kind of like 2012 when it was all about no.1 Davis. Philly is a bad destination for him though as he's not really a lights-out shooter or natural leader...probably he'd blend in better to some established playoff team with good vets. But of course he's a guy who's a good piece to build a team around.

There are of course some other interesting prospects too, like Dragan Bender.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2016, 01:47
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Simmons and Ingram the first two as expected. Bender goes 4th.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2016, 01:52
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Young Sabonis goes 11th to the Magic.

Rooting for the kid although he might be too slow and unathletic to make his mark in this league.

edit: apparently Magic will trade him to OKC and might get Ibaka in return

Last edited by Andy Christ; June 24th, 2016 at 02:02.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2016, 02:08
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Kings get a 7-2 Greek Georgios Papagiannis via Suns 13th

Big surprise as he was projected mid 2nd round...lots of surprising selections happening now.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2016, 19:21
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Biggest surprise for me has to be OKC trading Ibaka for Sabonis and Oladipo and Ilyasova.

Sabonis is a great player, my favorite of the NCAA. But with that said, was this an appropriate trade?

Can he help them win a title next season? This move might turn off Durant and Westbrook.

They got rid of Harden at one point in time, now again with Ibaka.

The Timberwolves passed on Buddy Hield. Seems like they feel comfortable with their shooting options and are more intent
on rebuilding the team with a serious point guard. LaVine can never play point and Rubio just isn't good enough.

I'm interested in seeing how the Spurs do with this new kid. They gave him great ratings.

The Celtics drafted an athletic wing and two international players in the first round. I am clueless about all of them.

Though I think the 76ers probably did the best maybe...with that Furkan Korkmaz guy dropping to their hands.

Tons of international dudes getting picked in the 1st round. This is going to be good. Let's see which ones show up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in