NBA Playoffs 2016 - Xtratime Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2016, 12:00 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
NBA Playoffs 2016

some interesting matchups in the first round.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2016, 12:06
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
The first night was shit. Too many injuries. With that said hoping there will be some amazing series out there. At least some memorable ones. I'm more interested in Portland-LA Clippers. It is something relatively new this time around. Portland may lose however they will at least give it a fight and we might get to see a new Lillard in this series. One with perhaps big nights.
post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2016, 22:54
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
Dal v OKC Game 2 Write Up

Ind v Tor Game 2 Write Up

GSW v Hou Game 2

Last edited by qrich; April 18th, 2016 at 23:26.

post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2016, 05:47
International

Dallas turns it around and keep it a series for now. Toronto wins the next game, Lowry and DeRozan are still not there. If this is allegedly the second best NBA backcourt after the Warriors, they're starting to show signs of frailty. Especially DeRozan who just isn't making any jumpers at all. Luckily they got great help from their big Valanciunas who showed up and controlled the boards and had 23 points. A lot more active than his first game. Lowry and DeRozan though have to get going.

88-84 with the Warriors up by four. Missing Curry really hurts them. Houston should get this win. Harden is off with the shooting however he's been going to the free throw line a lot.
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2016, 06:43
International

The Warriors manage to get the win done. Great job. Thompson and Iguoadala compensated for Curry's absence.
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2016, 18:06
Star Player

Completely depleted Mavs side stun OKC lol. On paper this should have been a blowout and then some
shiaben likes this.
post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2016, 19:25
Star Player

Teams: Milan
That's exactly what I meant when I said Dallas would put up a fight. They just don't go away! I didn't watch the game so I can't really tell if OKC's horrible shooting was just a night off or good defense from the Mavs, but I expect them to actually win another game at home.

No expectations..No disappointments
post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2016, 13:00
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
That's exactly what I meant when I said Dallas would put up a fight. They just don't go away! I didn't watch the game so I can't really tell if OKC's horrible shooting was just a night off or good defense from the Mavs, but I expect them to actually win another game at home.
Credit to Dallas, especially with this awful roster.

With that said, can anyone explain why Kevin Durant gets the green light to take so many terrible shots? It is one thing when you're wide open, but missing 26 shots a few things to consider: Maybe he shouldn't be taking that many shots quantitatively speaking (yeah I know he's probably a top 5 shooter in the NBA but still...) it doesn't hurt to give chances to other teammates like Ibaka (good shooter yet only had 7 attempts max) and other guys. Second, when you're shooting poorly or on a missing streak, you should try giving it to another guy who may be hot or consistent and if not in some possessions try driving more to the paint for a better looking higher % opportunity and/or getting free throw opportunities. Third, he shouldn't be taking contested jumpshots. These are bad choices and you're always giving opportunities to the opponent to punish you on the other end...

When comparing Westbrook, Durant, and Harden (now a Rocket of course) Harden's defense is atrocious. However when comparing them offensively, Westbrook and Harden usually find themselves with more assists and in Harden's situation, he finds himself more opportunities at the freethrow line. I think Durant can learn a thing or two at least in this one area and drive to the basket more and try to pass it more to other guys to shoot. He's had a few games with 9-11 assists but he's not averaging a lot as a whole and this leaves the team in a situation where it seems like they're playing more with a high FG% jumpshooter who lives or dies on the jump shots rather than a guy whose a playmaker and evaluates the situation. If Durant plays more like a playmaker OKC would find themselves in a better position.

I feel Westbrook is getting a bit better (puts focus on different areas of the game) but I can't say the same about Durant.

The Spurs are feeling good about themselves if things proceed the way they are...
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2016, 21:14
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Credit to Dallas, especially with this awful roster.

With that said, can anyone explain why Kevin Durant gets the green light to take so many terrible shots? It is one thing when you're wide open, but missing 26 shots a few things to consider: Maybe he shouldn't be taking that many shots quantitatively speaking (yeah I know he's probably a top 5 shooter in the NBA but still...) it doesn't hurt to give chances to other teammates like Ibaka (good shooter yet only had 7 attempts max) and other guys. Second, when you're shooting poorly or on a missing streak, you should try giving it to another guy who may be hot or consistent and if not in some possessions try driving more to the paint for a better looking higher % opportunity and/or getting free throw opportunities. Third, he shouldn't be taking contested jumpshots. These are bad choices and you're always giving opportunities to the opponent to punish you on the other end...

When comparing Westbrook, Durant, and Harden (now a Rocket of course) Harden's defense is atrocious. However when comparing them offensively, Westbrook and Harden usually find themselves with more assists and in Harden's situation, he finds himself more opportunities at the freethrow line. I think Durant can learn a thing or two at least in this one area and drive to the basket more and try to pass it more to other guys to shoot. He's had a few games with 9-11 assists but he's not averaging a lot as a whole and this leaves the team in a situation where it seems like they're playing more with a high FG% jumpshooter who lives or dies on the jump shots rather than a guy whose a playmaker and evaluates the situation. If Durant plays more like a playmaker OKC would find themselves in a better position.

I feel Westbrook is getting a bit better (puts focus on different areas of the game) but I can't say the same about Durant.

The Spurs are feeling good about themselves if things proceed the way they are...
I wouldn't be too worried about Durant's shooting. Sure, he had a night to forget, but others weren't necessarily shooting that great either and were missing wide open jumpers to ultimately put the Mavs to sleep. I'm not sure why Kanter doesn't get more playing time. He constantly gets so many put backs and second opportunities for the team that I think it's a waste having him play limited minutes. When Rus/Durant have an off night, he is someone to consider getting more playing time or possibly be a starter.

Durant was cursed in this game, not only from the horrible shooting night aspect, but even the refs denied him when he tried to drive to the basket. At least on one instance the foul was intentional as it gets and the refs ignored it . Was hoping for Dallas to win anyway. It's a bit more interesting this way
post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2016, 11:20
International

Durant for sure did have a cold night. However in general I think OKC shouldn't be dependent on these 2 players. Guys like Ibaka and Adams are not bad offensive options at all. They can be productive if they use them more often. They need to get some shooting guard involved too. I would have thought after Harden and Sefalosha left, that they would find a two way guy in that area but they still have them stick to defending while Durant/Westbrook take most of the shots. I do agree Kanter should get more time, he's a great energy guy off the bench that gets them those cheap points from putbacks and around the paint. Probably the 6th man for them this season. If OKC can get more guys going on offense, they could be a team that challenges for a few titles. But if they want to go just Durant/Westbrook for every game, the most this team will end up with is 1 title at best.

That's the beauty of the Warriors. Great two-way team and a team full of passers and playmakers. I would say their biggest weakness is rebounding, some nights OK some nights very poor and that's mostly because of the style. They like to go small during most possessions so they're bound to give up boards.

But damn there's about to be some playoff history this year with the way the brackets are. Spurs-Thunder rematch and a Warriors-Clippers rematch. The East has been boring in this regard. It has always been LeBron James dominating their best teams regardless who they are which team he's on. There hasn't been a rivalry in the East. Nearly the same story every year. Chicago should have been that organization and team but they disappointed.
post #11 of 177 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2016, 07:00
International

The Stephen Curry ankle issue is starting to become problematic. He's missed 2 straight games and there's some uncertainty as to whether or not he'll play the next. They might get past the Rockets but if his ankle is not 100% they'll be sure to have problems against the Clippers. Unlike the Rockets, the Clippers have a serious point guard in CP3 and if Curry isn't healthy there could be trouble along the way.
post #12 of 177 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2016, 19:01
International

Yeah...it is official now....Toronto backcourt is definitely overrated. They cannot combine for AT LEAST 40%...at all. Indiana displays a bit of a better group effort though. Their bigs were crucial to tie up the series 2-2. The Spurs and Cavaliers seem like they're about to sweep their opponents. Drummond is a talented rebounder however he's a liability in the freethrow department. He's going to have to work on that, Cavs have done a wonderful job exploiting that. Ugly basketball but it works just fine.
post #13 of 177 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2016, 21:24
Star Player

Teams: Milan
The East is terribly inconsistent, it doesn't even make sense! Cleveland-Detroit series should have been one-way, except it's not. Scores suggest that, yes, indeed, but this series had 2 really close games that could've gone either way, it shouldn't have! On the other hand, Miami-Charlotte & Toronto-Indiana series are truly bizarre, they're trading blowouts, games ain't even close! No consistency whatsoever! Atlanta-Boston aren't far ahead... Those matchups should've been a lot closer than that!

No expectations..No disappointments
post #14 of 177 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2016, 02:49
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
I don't necessarily think the Raptors backcourt is overrated, rather they havent got the bottle to play in these type of games. Just plain choking like they did last year.

Curry injuring his knee against the Rockets, don't think it will be too serious though.

Boston with the win in OT, the Hawks with some bizarre plays
post #15 of 177 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2016, 06:26
International

In the West Portland makes it a series, 2-2. Chris Paul has a hand fracture. Portland should take advantage of this. It would be a wasted opportunity if they don't make the most out of this. Stephen Curry will miss at least 2 weeks because of the sprained knee injury. The West is looking quite interesting now. If you're San Antonio or even OKC you have to feel good about your chances.
post #16 of 177 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2016, 06:59
International

Mason Plumlee probably most improved player this week for me. He's been a big reason why the Portland Trailblazers have been making this a series. When they get him involved he's pretty effective. Very quick, good passing ability, and has a bit of an athletic spark. He'll get better over time defensively still learning however a big weakness he has is he doesn't have an open jumper. He'll need that next season since the team relies on extra ball movement to create dunks, layups etc. Having an extra shooter is needed for a team that relies too much on Lillard and McCollum. Aminu surprisingly had a big night, made a ton of 3s.
post #17 of 177 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2016, 15:44
Star Player

Injuries have ruined these playoffs...
post #18 of 177 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2016, 16:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & Spain
I knew it was bad when Paul kicked the chair like that but i still had some hope that he could play through it, but it is now officially a broken hand. Blake also re-aggravated his quad injury and is also out. We are going to have to rely now on Jamal chucking 35 shots off the bench and....that's it really.

What an absolute nightmare scenario. The team was doing so well too

VIVA ESPAŃA Y HALA MADRID :fero:
post #19 of 177 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2016, 13:21
International

Guys need to man up and take care of their bodies. Rivers should also take some blame. It is about time this organization gets a serious coach that puts a strong, healthy and functioning team together. This is by far Cleveland's best shot at a title. They have almost no competition in the East. Miami might be good on paper but I know they will probably disappoint. In the West the only healthy sides are the Thunder (so far so good) and the Spurs. LeBron James is a bad match-up for the Thunder. As far as the Spurs are concerned, if Kevin Love plays the way he's playing, there's no reason why they can't beat the Spurs. The Cleveland team is better than Jame's Miami team which had too many oldies and an inconsistent Chris Bosh.
post #20 of 177 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 15:29
Star Player

Can Charlotte and Portland close it out via a sweep after taking 2 setbacks in a row?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in