NBA Draft 2015 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will be the best player of 2015 draft?
Karl-Anthony Towns 2 25.00%
Jahlil Okafor 2 25.00%
Emmanuel Mudiay 1 12.50%
D'Angelo Russell 1 12.50%
Justise Winslow 0 0%
Willie Cauley-Stein 0 0%
Kirstaps Porzingis 1 12.50%
Stanley Johnson 1 12.50%
Myles Turner 0 0%
somebody else 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2015, 10:42 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
NBA Draft 2015

so now the positions of the weak/tanking teams are clear...but the lottery awaits and this can change much

you can try out the lottery simulator here: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2015/mockdraft

the result I got was pretty lol:

it shows how much the lottery might matter...in this scenario Sixers have THREE first round picks as you can see. If two teams jump ahead of Lakers it means they lose their 1-5 protected pick to Philly. If only one team jumps ahead of Heat they lose their 1-10 protected pick to Philly too.

Anyway, lots of possible scenarios there but I guess Towns will go first no matter who picks. Even teams which already have a good young center (like Kings, Pistons, Magic) would pick and trade him.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2015, 14:11 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I've seen some lists having Kaminsky in top 10...pure madness, he'll never be more than a role player in NBA. let's see if some naive GM will buy into the college player of the year hype like it went with McDermott.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2015, 14:16 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

NBA draft lottery scenarios:

1. Minnesota -- 25% for No. 1 pick, 64.3% for top-3 pick

2. New York -- 19.9% for No. 1 pick, 55.8% for top-3 pick

3. Philadelphia -- 15.6% for No. 1 pick, 46.9% for top-3 pick

4. L.A. Lakers -- 11.9% for No. 1 pick, 37.8% for top-3 pick

5. Orlando -- 8.8% for No. 1 pick, 29.1% for top-3 pick

6. Sacramento -- 6.3% for No. 1 pick, 21.5% for top-3 pick

7. Denver -- 4.3% for No. 1 pick, 15.0% for top-3 pick

8. Detroit -- 2.8% for No. 1 pick, 9.9% for top-3 pick

9. Charlotte -- 1.7% for No. 1 pick, 6.1% for top-3 pick

10. Miami -- 1.1% for No. 1 pick, 4.0% for top-3 pick

11. Utah* -- 0.8% for No. 1 pick, 2.9% for top-3 pick

12. Indiana* -- 0.7% for No. 1 pick, 2.5% for top-3 pick

13. Phoenix -- 0.6% for No. 1 pick, 2.2% for top-3 pick

14. Oklahoma City -- 0.5% for No. 1 pick, 1.8% for top-3 pick

* Utah and Indiana will split the average of the available lottery balls and then hold a tiebreaker to determine who gets the leftover.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2015, 19:18
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
I've seen some lists having Kaminsky in top 10...pure madness, he'll never be more than a role player in NBA. let's see if some naive GM will buy into the college player of the year hype like it went with McDermott.
white guys never get any love. if frank was black, he'd be a top 10 pick. lol

In giro per il mondo
C’è solo una bandiera
Ha solo due colori
È quella rossonera
È quando vedo il milan
Non ci stò dentro più
Io canto per il diavolo
Dai fallo pure tu
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2015, 19:21 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

well most of the American whites tend to be pretty bad...college stars who won't make it big in NBA.

eurowhites tend to perform better.

post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2015, 21:49
Star Player

The good thing about Towns is his free throw shooting, great asset to have. Dude could easily be a 15 ppg player in the first year. Okafor will end up first more than likely.

Dekker is a skilled white dude imo. Reminds me a lot of Van Horn, except that Keith was a significantly better shooter. Hyped for Hezonja though
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2015, 09:45 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla_ View Post
The good thing about Towns is his free throw shooting, great asset to have. Dude could easily be a 15 ppg player in the first year. Okafor will end up first more than likely.

Dekker is a skilled white dude imo. Reminds me a lot of Van Horn, except that Keith was a significantly better shooter. Hyped for Hezonja though
nope, his stock has dropped significantly because people say he can't protect the rim and has no range so he needs a rim protecting stretch PF to complement him and there's not that many of those. Towns will go first and Russell and/or Mudiay might go before Okafor too, depending of the needs of those teams which pick 2nd and 3rd.

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2015, 20:59 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Has anybody seen Russell? is he really as good as some people say?

I'm also wondering what will become of Latvian prospect Porzingis who is projected around 5tht-7th spot...I wish Estonia could produce a player like him. He seems like a taller version of Kirilenko, a hustle player who also has decent shooting touch. Skinny guy but hopefully makes a decent NBA pf/sf.

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2015, 20:00
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Who cares about your GARBAGE AC ?????

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2015, 21:14
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
Has anybody seen Russell? is he really as good as some people say?

I'm also wondering what will become of Latvian prospect Porzingis who is projected around 5tht-7th spot...I wish Estonia could produce a player like him. He seems like a taller version of Kirilenko, a hustle player who also has decent shooting touch. Skinny guy but hopefully makes a decent NBA pf/sf.
Russell is going to be a fringe All-Star players for years and years to come. His handles will need work next year, and needs some more upper body strength to drive, but his jumper should translate well. His defense will always be average, but can be good, never great though.

I'd take him over Mudiay without hesitation.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2015, 11:38 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Draft Lottery is today.

There are 1,001 combinations, with one unassigned. If that one comes up, it is discarded and four more numbers are drawn.

The NBA uses a representative from the accounting firm Ernst and Young to oversee the process, which is conducted just before the TV broadcast of the event.

The ping-pong selection is done in a separate room, and inside the room are NBA officials, reporters, Denise Pelli from Ernst and Young, representatives from each of the 14 lottery teams, a ping-pong machine operator and timekeeper. The people in the room are sequestered without communication devices until the No. 1 pick is revealed on the TV broadcast.

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2015, 17:20
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
How deep is this draft. I have a feeling everything after the top 3 is a crap chute here.

Okafor, Towns and Russell look legit NBA players though.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2015, 01:52 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Knicks ends up 4th...lol that franchise is doomed

no other surprises yet, Lakers in top 3 obviously :rollani:

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2015, 01:55 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

1. Wolves
2. Lakers
3. 76rs

amazing...the worst team in NBA actually won the draft, which doesn't happen often, only 5th time since the system started since 1985. and first ever top pick for Minnesota.

post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2015, 02:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Knicks got ****ed, glad the Sixers didn't get the #1 pick, they'd probably trade that too
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2015, 02:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R10! View Post
How deep is this draft. I have a feeling everything after the top 3 is a crap chute here.

Okafor, Towns and Russell look legit NBA players though.

This year's draft is pretty good. Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Hezonja can all contribute instantly to whichever teams who drafted them. And with the Lakers drafting at #2, that means they will end up with either Okafor or Towns
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2015, 14:58
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
This year's draft is pretty good. Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Hezonja can all contribute instantly to whichever teams who drafted them. And with the Lakers drafting at #2, that means they will end up with either Okafor or Towns
Ah, the 'luck' of the Lakers.

Seriously though, with Randle and Okafor/Towns, the Lakers could be back among the contenders in 2-3 years. Obviously if they don't swing a trade for Cousins or Davis before that.

How long does Scott last here?

EDIT: About Hezonja, Mudiay and Winslow. Not sold at all. Hezonja looks like the biggest red flag of all. He was hardly getting playtime for Barcelona and Barcelona's team isn't very good.

02/05/2009
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2015, 00:58
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Quote:
Willie Cauley-Stein would perhaps be the most NBA-ready top 10 pick.

Quote:

Seriously though, with Randle and Okafor/Towns, the Lakers could be back among the contenders in 2-3 years. Obviously if they don't swing a trade for Cousins or Davis before that.

EDIT: About Hezonja, Mudiay and Winslow. Not sold at all. Hezonja looks like the biggest red flag of all. He was hardly getting playtime for Barcelona and Barcelona's team isn't very good.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2015, 06:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

After how the Lakers were screwed by Stern on the CP3 trade, and the lucky rim bounces which cost them 2 championships to Boston in the 60s, it's about time the basketball gods repay their debts to the Lakers.

For youngsters, you can throw in Jordan Clarkson as well. In Clarkson, Randle, Towns/Okafor, LA now has a group of young talents to build a contending team around. This core group might even be tempting enough to lure Durant to LA when he becomes a free agent next year.

Scott has 3 years left on his contract.

On Hezonja, there is no question on his fundamental skills and athletic gifts. He's not getting playing time due to his arrogance, which is not going down well with his teammates and coaching staff. He even claimed to be better than Messi if he's playing football
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2015, 10:08
Legend

Quote:
After how the Lakers were screwed by Stern on the CP3 trade, and the lucky rim bounces which cost them 2 championships to Boston in the 60s, it's about time the basketball gods repay their debts to the Lakers.

For youngsters, you can throw in Jordan Clarkson as well. In Clarkson, Randle, Towns/Okafor, LA now has a group of young talents to build a contending team around. This core group might even be tempting enough to lure Durant to LA when he becomes a free agent next year.

Scott has 3 years left on his contract.

On Hezonja, there is no question on his fundamental skills and athletic gifts. He's not getting playing time due to his arrogance, which is not going down well with his teammates and coaching staff. He even claimed to be better than Messi if he's playing football
I really doubt Durant leave to go for another project. If he leaves, he is going to a ready to win now situation like LeBron did. I think Houston.

Scott won't possibly last all three years with this crappy basketball, will he?

02/05/2009
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in