Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 16:18 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
NBA MVP 2014/15

So who deserves it the most?

it's quite difficult to call this season...I'm going with Curry though who's been an absurdly effective scorer and also brilliant assist maker this season and is leading the best team in NBA.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 16:23
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Bursaspor, Turkiye
Gotta be Harden. Look what he's done w/ Houston without Dwight.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 16:38
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
I went with Curry as well. The team record weights alot into this.
Harden has a chance if his team finishes second seed in west.Which will still be lower chance then curry

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments..._of_past_mvps/

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 16:40
World Class Player

Westbrook, And Davis pretty much are fillers to the poll.Their chances are 0 by being 8th seed.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 16:41 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Realistically speaking it's between Curry and Harden only. Westbrook and Davis have been fantastic but have missed too many games. IIRC nobody has won the award with less than 70 games played in a full season. Their teams poor position ain't helping either. LBJ is also a borderline case, he has 10 games less played than Curry for example.

I'd rate it:

1. Curry
2. Harden
3. Westbrook
4. James
5. Davis
6. CP3
7. Aldridge
8. Marc Gasol

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 17:14
World Class Player

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...ard/index.html

1-Steph Curry (2)
2-James Harden (1)
3-LeBron James (3)
4-Chris Paul (4)
5-Russell Westbrook (5)

Curry overtook Harden this week.
Curry is also 4 - 0 against Harden this year in the head to head battles ( houston vs golden state)

Quote:
History, momentum likely on Curry's side in MVP chase
Golden State's season-long excellence may be the factor that helps push Stephen Curry past Houston's James Harden

As good as James Harden has been this season, and even with his own admission he believes he has the edge in the battle for the Kia MVP this season, he has not been Stephen Curry.
Harden's case is beyond compelling -- outlandish numbers on a stellar team that has been beset by injuries and adversity at nearly every turn, and could very well become the talk of the NBA postseason if Harden continues to pick apart the opposition the way he has all season -- Curry's is just as good, if not better.
Curry is busy rewriting the record books himself, both for a Warriors team living through a magical regular season and for himself in the distance-shooting category.
He leads the league in both 3-pointers made (276) and attempted (625) and ranks third in the league in 3-point percentage (44.2 percent).
He broke his own record for made 3-pointers in a win over Portland Thursday night, a game that saw him shred the Trail Blazers for 45 points on 17-for-23 shooting from the floor, 8-for-13 from deep and a jaw-dropping 19 points on 7-for-7 shooting in the fourth quarter. Oh, and he added 10 assists for good measure.

"Nothing left to say, except he's the MVP," Warriors coach Steve Kerr told reporters after Curry lit up the Blazers. "He never talks about it, but you better believe he wants it."
His teammates know it, too. A player who has rarely seen the floor during the fourth quarter this season, got a chance to show off a bit.
"He's our MVP," teammate Klay Thompson said, "and he should be for the league because he does it on a nightly basis and he's at his best at crunch time."
Curry already owns three of the top five 3-point shooting seasons in NBA history and he's just six seasons into his career. Even with a groundswell of support for other candidates at one time or another this season, the MVP tide remains turned in his direction in the minds of most.

"I'll be stunned if anyone other than Steph wins this thing," said an Eastern Conference executive with 26 years of NBA service. "It's not about what somebody else has done. It's about what he's done all season on the team that has set the pace for the entire league. Historically, in all of my years in the league, that's usually been the winning formula ... the best player on the runaway best team in the league."
Ultimately, the 120-member voting panel will decide. (The vote of his peers, of course, will come later in the summer.)
They'd have to buck tradition to hand the award to someone other than Curry.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 17:48
World Class Player

Teams: Republic of Albania NT
Curry is gonna win in for sure just for being on the better team. I feel bad for Harden though because he deserves it just as much as Steph.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 18:53
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
SC30 all the way!!! My beloved Dubs thrive off him! Breaking CP3's ankles to dropping 3's from way outside the line he does it all and is fun to watch!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 23:39
Star Player

Tbh it should be a Co-MVP with Curry/Harden. Curry clearly lead this team to an incredible season with a great core of players. There have been nights where Curry had a rough shooting night when nothing went his way, but he had always someone else to rely on. Contrary is the case with Harden. He was carrying his team all season. Curry has a Thompson, Bron has a Kyrie, Harden has himself. This should speak volumes.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2015, 01:06
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
Curry, no contest
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2015, 18:10
Star Player

Teams: Milan
I'd vote Curry. He elevated his game from last year's, he's better, his team is better. I can't say the same about Harden, not to mention the amount of calls he usually gets! To his team he definitely is, not the league's MVP material, though.

No expectations..No disappointments
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2015, 18:44 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Harden has definitely elevated his game, he's putting up better numbers in points, rbs, assists, steals and blocks despite of averaging a minute less than last year.

Curry has been insanely effective though, his true shooting percentage is absurdly good for a high volume shooting PG.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2015, 20:02
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
I'd vote Curry. He elevated his game from last year's, he's better, his team is better. I can't say the same about Harden, not to mention the amount of calls he usually gets! To his team he definitely is, not the league's MVP material, though.
He's great at drawing contact. A lot of calls go against him too. Look no further than last night's blatant foul by Duncan on a game winning Harden layup that the officials called a block ... denying the Rockets the win.

Harden has been great considering he's played all year with a bunch of role players
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2015, 20:36
Star Player

Teams: Milan
There's been enough amusement around the league for some time now re those calls! I'm not sure it's an asset to draw contact/fouls, not one for the MVP discussion anyway. More, if anything, Houston upgraded their roster consistently since July, and they're still where they were a year back!

Re last night's game, you're overlooking the officiating mess this game was, fouls were flying around like crazy, on both sides. In hindsight, this particular call you just mentioned might have swayed the game into Houston's favor, fine, so would've the imaginary 6th foul on Baynes for the Spurs! I could go on & on about those bad calls, either way...

No expectations..No disappointments
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2015, 22:41
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
curry wins the mvp easily

my vote is for harden though,even though the rockets fell to number 6.
as long as lebron doesnt win it, i dont care.

In giro per il mondo
CíŤ solo una bandiera
Ha solo due colori
» quella rossonera
» quando vedo il milan
Non ci stÚ dentro piý
Io canto per il diavolo
Dai fallo pure tu
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2015, 01:48
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
Lets see if Harden chokes again these playoffs though
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2015, 07:56
World Class Player

As expected its Curry, they were going to break the rules and hand it to Harden.Which they didnt.
Curry 4 - 0 vs Harden this season.

So where do you rank him among all mvp's all time?Its one of the weaker ones imo next to Steve Nash.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2015, 09:05
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
Nash easily deserved his MVPs more than Curry did. If I recall, the Suns were something like 1-19 during those two seasons without him. That is just abysmal.

No one really deserved the MVP this year, compared to most. Davis was the 8th seed, Durant was hurt, Russ missed the playoff, LeBron and the Cavs struggled, Hawks have no #1 guy, Paul isn't flashy enough, Blake wasn't good enough, etc.

Regardless, takes nothing away from Curry as he was the cream of the crop.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2015, 18:02
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pasquale View Post
So where do you rank him among all mvp's all time?Its one of the weaker ones imo next to Steve Nash.
You either don't watch the Warriors enough or have no idea what you're talking about....

The dimes he's dropped, his handles, and the amount of ankles Curry has broken this year are numerous. He isn't one of the weaker ones by any stretch of the imagination!

Curry baby!!!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2015, 20:36
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
You either don't watch the Warriors enough or have no idea what you're talking about....

The dimes he's dropped, his handles, and the amount of ankles Curry has broken this year are numerous. He isn't one of the weaker ones by any stretch of the imagination!

Curry baby!!!

So who is the weakest last 15 years?

Iverson? Nash? Shaq? Duncan ? Lebron? Kobe? Durant?Rose? Garnett? Nowitzki?

I am all on Nash being the weakest in that bunch. I put Curry one of weaker ones, but not weakest.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in