Phoenix Suns 0 0%
OKC Thunder 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2015, 15:54 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
The Big Mid-season Poll: who will win 14/15 NBA title?

This season has been very interesting so far, it looks incredibly tight and there are loads of realistic title challengers.

Make your prediction...

My guess at the moment is Warriors beating Hawks in the final.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2015, 15:55
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
You should have added a poll.

I say either the Grizzlies or the Bulls.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2015, 15:59 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
You should have added a poll.
because of the software the polls always appear later than the thread itself

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2015, 20:03
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
This is hard year to predict. last 3 years been straightforward .. Miami Indiana in east, San Antonio OKC in west..

I think up east, its either cleveland or atlanta..
up west , way many teams to call for... IF OKC end up 8th seed, its very possible they take out GSW with best record in nba the first round.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2015, 20:16 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

GSW is so ridiculously deep that somebody is bound to step up and deliver in most days. they should go far unless they have bad injuries at the time of playoffs . Especially if Bogut stays fit...well, let's not hold our breath on this one though.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2015, 20:45
Star Player

As of the current form, it's the east coast Spurs vs most likely the Warriors. That is unless Harden decides to go nuts and lay it all on the floor; dude could change a series on his own.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2015, 21:49 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I was trying to figure out the percentages of teams getting to the finals from the West. Currently I'd set it as follows:

Warriors 45%
Spurs 24%
Mavs 12%
OKC 6%
Rockets 4.5%
Grizzlies 3.5%
Blazers 3%
Clippers 1.8%
Others 0.2%

I don't really see Clippers making there as they haven't improved on defense a whole lot compared to previous years and West is stronger than ever. Thunder is a bit of a black horse in regards to their current position...they're dangerous and might get themselves going once playoffs come but probably won't make it ...they haven't really improved that much either compared to previous seasons.

Opinions?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2015, 06:32
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
If OKC, and Spurs finish 7th 8th seed ...I really doubt both of them will go out round 1 like that.

Then in east you got the Cavs on low seed as well. I think this playoffs we might see lower seeds beating higher seeds more so then the previous year.Or maybe we should start getting to our heads the change in power structure..
It will take playoffs to acknowledge that.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2015, 07:10
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Warriors over the Cavs. They've improved both defense and offense. Their bench is deep and decent enough.

In the West

The Clippers and Thunder haven't changed much at all.
The Spurs look like they're going to go through an injury crisis and are not as hungry since they are defending champs.
I'm still skeptical of the Rockets playoff performance without a top point guard especially in a conference that's packed with them.
The rest remain to be seen how they perform in the playoffs.

In the East

The Bulls defense has dropped. Rose's shooting %s are inconsistent. I think they'll fall short.
The Hawks and Wizards have good teams but I think come playoff time LeBron James will come up with big performances to survive them.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2015, 00:09
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
What's nuts is the Spurs are 7th with .063

I actually Portland might take it out, but he West is just ridiculously deep. OKC who's 10th has a 0.5 record while in the East, Detroit who's 10th has a 0.357 record

Hope Atlanta takes out the East
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2015, 00:13
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Spurs.

Or Dallas.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in