Raptors lol 2 20.00%
somebody else 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2014, 10:54 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Preseason Poll: who will win the 14/15 title?

vote or die

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2014, 14:50
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
Somebody else - Mavs

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2014, 15:38
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
I'll go with the Spurs for the 3rd straight year..

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2014, 08:14
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Tempted to go with the Spurs and their fundamental high IQ basketball...

I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland fell a bit short and had to wait to win the championship in 2016 which wouldn't be surprising.

But with that said I feel it would be ridiculous for Cleveland not to win it this season.

The Spurs have to deal with teams that are dying to figure them out. All the major Western Conference teams they've knocked out in the past 3 years. This makes their run really a pain in the neck. The Mavs have upgraded big time and can easily hold their own if they just concentrate. OKC is another team that gives the Spurs fits. If they can get one reliable shooting guard to perform (maybe Anthony Morrow if he manages to surprise this season) anything is possible. There's also the Warriors. In general, there are some teams are looking forward to the challenge.

Cleveland on the other hand is a completely new team. A box full of chocolates, just waiting to happen. Their run should still be considerably easier than the West. The Bulls have a great team on paper but I think they're still no match for the Cavs. Maybe at best push them to a hard fought 6-7 games but I just don't see the big "W". The Cavs have too much athleticism, playmaking, and are going to be monsters on the board. They'll probably defeat most teams by an average of 10 points because of defensive issues but they've got enough firepower to survive.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2014, 16:36
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Its hard to maintain success, I see spurs falling short this year.
Cavs on other hand are wayy too young, there is lebron..but the others lack playoff experience which counts.Maybe a final...

I don't know who to lean for. Maybe OKC get it this year, they got the experience under their belt now. If westbrook/ibaka/durant stay healthy, i think they can take it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2014, 07:06
International

I have a feeling the final will be Cleveland vs Dallas; Dallas will fall short in the finals.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2014, 13:59
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
I have a feeling it will be a Western Conference team.

Three favorites for me in order would be

Spurs
Mavericks
Clippers

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 06:17
International

I don't see anything going the Clippers way. They haven't made a major change to warrant them to be a championship team or even a championship surprise. They'd have to go through some kind of miracle run involving high FG% shooting, Blake putting up monster numbers, and the main contenders in the West losing their major players to injuries (i.e. no Durant, no Dirk, no Parker).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 10:22
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
I don't see anything going the Clippers way. They haven't made a major change to warrant them to be a championship team or even a championship surprise. They'd have to go through some kind of miracle run involving high FG% shooting, Blake putting up monster numbers, and the main contenders in the West losing their major players to injuries (i.e. no Durant, no Dirk, no Parker).
Have you seen Blake play anytime during the last season or this? He's upped his game big time. They have two legit top players in CP and Blake. DeAndre has actually been a useful player too. Redick, Hawes, Barnes, Crawford is decent supporting cast too.

They are led by a good coach and most importantly they are not playing for Sterling anymore.

02/05/2009
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 10:57 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Clippers has no chance whatsoever, defensively nowhere near good enough and will be found out in the playoffs once again.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 13:40
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by R10! View Post
Have you seen Blake play anytime during the last season or this? He's upped his game big time. They have two legit top players in CP and Blake. DeAndre has actually been a useful player too. Redick, Hawes, Barnes, Crawford is decent supporting cast too.

They are led by a good coach and most importantly they are not playing for Sterling anymore.
I'm not ignorant of Griffin mate. I've always followed him from day one. He's not the issue.

Rivers DEFINITELY improved the team to what they used to be. I give him proper respect.

The thing is against a Durant/LeBron//Leonard or some kind of strong player in that position, guys like Barnes, Crawford etc. will be exposed defensively and leak way too many points.

They do have a good cast but the thing is that very cast you mentioned are suspect to terrible shooting nights. Their outside shooting is still suspect.

Perhaps if they had a dominant two-way small-forward they'd be in that category. But until then, Chris Paul + Blake Griffin, mediocre defending, and inconsistent shooters isn't going to be enough to take them over the hump, unfortunately.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 14:06
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
I'm not ignorant of Griffin mate. I've always followed him from day one. He's not the issue.

Rivers DEFINITELY improved the team to what they used to be. I give him proper respect.

The thing is against a Durant/LeBron//Leonard or some kind of strong player in that position, guys like Barnes, Crawford etc. will be exposed defensively and leak way too many points.

They do have a good cast but the thing is that very cast you mentioned are suspect to terrible shooting nights. Their outside shooting is still suspect.

Perhaps if they had a dominant two-way small-forward they'd be in that category. But until then, Chris Paul + Blake Griffin, mediocre defending, and inconsistent shooters isn't going to be enough to take them over the hump, unfortunately.
They were among the better defensive teams in the league last season. DeAndre does a good job of defending the rim and their defensive scheme is pretty good at containing the pick and roll.

With a dominant small forward they would be favorite to win it. They can use some help on the wings, but I do feel they will make a trade to get better. And don't sleep on the Spencer Hawes addition, he will give them the outside shooting they need and space the floor for Blake.

02/05/2009
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in