8. Grizzlies
9. Nuggets
10. Pelicans
11. Suns
12. Kings
13. Wolves
14. Lakers
15. Jazz

the league is completely out of balance now...pretty sure that all 13 top West teams would make it to the playoffs in the East.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 00:37
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
Ranking The Top 7 Centers

For the lazy folk:
1] Dwight
2] Noah
3] Marc
4] Drummond
5] Horford
6] Cousins
7] Jefferson
post #3 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 01:19
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

My top 7 Power Forwards

Again, for lazy folk:
1] Davis
2] Blake
3] Aldridge
4] Dirk
5] Love
6] Duncan
7] Bosh

I'ma do the rest within the week.

post #4 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 11:34
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich View Post
My top 7 Power Forwards

Again, for lazy folk:
1] Davis
2] Blake
3] Aldridge
4] Dirk
5] Love
6] Duncan
7] Bosh

I'ma do the rest within the week.
What is this based off of? I don't see how Duncan would drop that low, on what basis? Even at this age he's way above Aldridge. Should be 1 or 2.
post #5 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 11:35
International

Pau Gasol should be thrown in there somewhere if this is a pre-season power ranking.
post #6 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 11:39
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
SI power rankings:

East::
1. Cavs
2. Bulls
3. Wizards
4. Raptors
5. Hawks
6. Hornets
7. Heat
8. Knicks (might be too high)
9. Nets
10. Pacers
11. Pistons
12. Magic
13. Celtics
14. Bucks
15. 76rs

West:
1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. LAC
4. Warriors
5. Mavs
6. Blazers
7. Rockets (too low)
8. Grizzlies
9. Nuggets
10. Pelicans
11. Suns
12. Kings
13. Wolves
14. Lakers
15. Jazz

the league is completely out of balance now...pretty sure that all 13 top West teams would make it to the playoffs in the East.
Not looking at the Lakers or Jazz, the entire Western Conference is stacked with teams that can split matches during the course of the regular season. Sure perhaps we won't see the Kings, Wolves, Nuggets and the like make the playoffs but they'll do enough damage to keep the regular season hard fought.

I feel the Eastern Conference is starting to get back on track, it won't catch-up to the West any time soon thanks to shitty managers making the majority in that conference but with that said some of the changes look a little bit better. I liked the draft picks and some of the trades.
post #7 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 11:52
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
What is this based off of? I don't see how Duncan would drop that low, on what basis? Even at this age he's way above Aldridge. Should be 1 or 2.
I'm just going off on how well I think they'll do this upcoming season, trying to mix impact with value and the statistics they will put up.
post #8 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 12:21 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
I don't see then how Cousins could be the 6th best center in the league given he was 5th in PER last season in the whole league (and the best center). I would easily take him over Dwight in these days. I would put Cousins on the top of the list and Dwight 3rd.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #9 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 12:29
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Dwight is arguable, but there's zero way Drummond is better then Cousins - surely in this part of their respected careers.

I'd rather have Dirk over Aldridge too tbh.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #10 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 13:46 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Love is easily the 2nd best PF in the game after Davis. He's so underrated it's not even funny. Last season Wolves were +5.5 per 100 possessions when he was on the court and -5.5 when off it. basically they were easily a playoff team with him on the court but the 12 minutes he was resting on the bench every game cost them dearly.

I never get this empty stats argument...I mean what is he supposed to do, not score points and take rebounds?

He's a below average defender, that's true. But even there the advanced stats show he's not as bad as people think. Overall a Top 10 player in the league easily.

post #11 of 245 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 19:10
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

PER in itself is an overrated metric to use, and the game isn't based on calculators and paper. Sacramento won't be winning very many games, while, Drummond will have similar statistics while helping Detroit fight for a playoff slot, even if its in the LEast.

Dirk over Aldridge was a virtual coin flip as well.

And no, Love isn't better than Blake. I'd take Dirk over him as well, with LMA being a toss-up. Empty stats means he fights his teammates for rebounds. He misses bunnies to get an extra rebound. Stuff that doesn't help you win, but actually hinders you.

Clippers wouldn't swap the two, at all. Dallas wouldn't for the upcoming season. Neither would Portland. All those teams would be considerably worse with Love than the three they already have.
post #12 of 245 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2014, 01:03 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
PER in itself is an overrated metric to use, and the game isn't based on calculators and paper. Sacramento won't be winning very many games, while, Drummond will have similar statistics while helping Detroit fight for a playoff slot, even if its in the LEast.

Dirk over Aldridge was a virtual coin flip as well.

And no, Love isn't better than Blake. I'd take Dirk over him as well, with LMA being a toss-up. Empty stats means he fights his teammates for rebounds. He misses bunnies to get an extra rebound. Stuff that doesn't help you win, but actually hinders you.

Clippers wouldn't swap the two, at all. Dallas wouldn't for the upcoming season. Neither would Portland. All those teams would be considerably worse with Love than the three they already have.
no, he won't...BTW the reason why Drummond has such a sick FG% is because his entire offense consists of dunks and putbacks...which is also the reason why he doesn't score that much.

I'm not even going to dignify your lazy "argument" about Love with a response...try and watch some games once in a while.

post #13 of 245 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2014, 02:54
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Only about 1/4 of Drummond's points are due to dunks/putbacks. Probably another 1/4 to 1/3 are lay ups. Plus, why are we penalizing a guy for getting the easiest shot in basketball? Should he pull an Amare and shoot threes?

I've watched more of Kevin Love than most people on here, going back to his HS Senior days, and his UCLA tenure. The guy fights team mates for rebounds, and misses bunnies to gain an additional board. How else would I know he does that without watching games? To top it off, he has shown less leadership ability than Latrell Sprewell. Aldridge, Blake, Dirk, Duncan, etc. have all shown good leadership qualities to boot.
post #14 of 245 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2014, 07:05
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Ranking The Top 7 Centers

For the lazy folk:
1] Dwight
2] Noah
3] Marc
4] Drummond
5] Horford
6] Cousins
7] Jefferson
Drummond does not belong close to those other guys. Gasol is #2 for me (Dwight still 1 atm). Cousins is 3. Disgustingly underrated, his per his rebounds and assists even his defence is overlooked (not he best post defender but still a good defender). Noah is overrated from this season too
post #15 of 245 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2014, 11:53 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Only about 1/4 of Drummond's points are due to dunks/putbacks. Probably another 1/4 to 1/3 are lay ups. Plus, why are we penalizing a guy for getting the easiest shot in basketball? Should he pull an Amare and shoot threes?

I've watched more of Kevin Love than most people on here, going back to his HS Senior days, and his UCLA tenure. The guy fights team mates for rebounds, and misses bunnies to gain an additional board. How else would I know he does that without watching games? To top it off, he has shown less leadership ability than Latrell Sprewell. Aldridge, Blake, Dirk, Duncan, etc. have all shown good leadership qualities to boot.
I've seen a lot of Wolves games during the past couple of seasons and honestly don't remember witnessing this sort of behavior. I'm sure it is possible to cherry pick a few instances like this from his career but it can not have any true statistical significance.

I have huge respect for Love as he's a pretty slow and unathletic guy who plays several inches lower than most of other elite PF's and yet he somehow manages to be insanely productive on the court. His basketball IQ is phenomenal, it is almost mysterious how a stretch forward can also be such a good rebounder. Brilliant awareness and anticipation and he also uses his bulk very well in establishing position. Incredible outlet passer and fantastic outside shot for a big man. 26/12.5/4.5 is impressive at any team, very few players in the world could do this.

But he's probably not enough of a genetic freak to lead any team to the title as a first option scorer a la Nowitzki. Being a 2nd/3rd option for the Cavs is a good place to be for him.

post #16 of 245 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2014, 07:32
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Disagreements will always occur.

Would you guys be interested in polling everyone's opinions on the top players and calculating them similar to how college sport rankings are? (IE: 1st place gets 10 votes, 2nd gets 9, etc.) We could do all the positions, spend a week or so per, and then, redo it during All-Star Break and again at the end of the year to see the changes.

If I can get at least five people to commit, I think this would be a real fun idea.
post #17 of 245 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2014, 09:45 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yes this might be fun...

btw Sports Illustrated just released a list of who they consider the best and Love is higher than Griffin there

1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Chris Paul

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Tim Duncan

6. Anthony Davis

7. Kevin Love

8. Stephen Curry

9. Dwight Howard

10. Blake Griffin

post #18 of 245 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2014, 04:29
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook are too high. Tim Duncan is as well, I really hate how a player's legacy factors so much into people's opinions about how good that player is NOW.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #19 of 245 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2014, 09:12 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yeah a veteran who averages 29 minutes in the regular season and 33 minutes in the playoffs shouldn't be there. he's still effective but only if rested properly.

Spurs has no top 10 players...but a #1 team.

post #20 of 245 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2014, 11:11 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Golden State Warriors proposed new arena design:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in