Greatest Basketball players of all time - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 20:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Greatest Basketball players of all time

1.Michael Jordan

Widley regarded as the greatest player of all time , he wan named NBA MVP 5 times.Jordan holds the NBA records for highest career regular season scoring average (30.12 points per game) and highest career playoff scoring average (33.45 points per game).He was also ranked No.1 by SLAM Magazine's Top 50 Players of All-Time and No.1 by ESPN SportsCentury's Top North American Athletes of the 20th century

2.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

During his career as a center, Abdul-Jabbar was a record six-time NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP), a record 19-time NBA All-Star, a 15-time All-NBA selection, and an 11-time NBA All-Defensive Team member.At the time of his retirement in 1989, Abdul-Jabbar was the NBA's all-time leader in points scored (38,387), games played (1,560), minutes played (57,446), field goals made (15,837), field goal attempts (28,307), blocked shots (3,189), defensive rebounds (9,394), and personal fouls (4,657). He remains the all-time leading scorer in the NBA, and is ranked 3rd all-time in both rebounds and blocks.

3.Wilt Chamberlain

Chamberlain is most remembered for his 100-point game, which is widely considered one of basketball's greatest records.He was also named 4 times NBA MVP and was ranked #2 in SLAM Magazine's Top 50 NBA Players of All-Time

4.Magic Johnson

Johnson's career achievements include three NBA MVP Awards, nine NBA Finals appearances, twelve All-Star games, and ten All-NBA First and Second Team nominations. He led the league in regular-season assists four times, and is the NBA's all-time leader in average assists per game, at 11.2.He was rated the greatest NBA point guard of all time by ESPN in 2007.

5.Bill Russell

A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and a twelve-time All-Star, Russell was the centerpiece of the Celtics dynasty, winning eleven NBA championships during his thirteen-year career. Along with Henri Richard of the National Hockey League's Montreal Canadiens, Russell holds the record for the most championships won by an athlete in a North American sports league. In 2009, SLAM Magazine named Russell the #3 player of all time behind Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain.

6.Kobe Bryant

Bryant is a 16-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, and 12-time member of the All-Defensive team. As of March 2013, he ranks third and fourth on the league's all-time postseason scoring and all-time regular season scoring lists, respectively. Sporting News and TNT named Bryant the top NBA player of the 2000s.I'll probably rank Kobe higher than Magic after he retires and his legend is consolidated

7.Larry Bird

Bird is the greatest white player in basketball history.He was a 12-time NBA All-Star and was named the league's Most Valuable Player (MVP) three times.Lacking athleticim , Bird is considered to have arguably the best Basketball IQ ever

8.LeBron James

Standing at six feet, eight inches tall and weighing 250 pounds, James has been called the best physical specimen in sports by some sports analysts.He was named NBA Most Valuable Player 4 times and is considered by many as the best basketball player of the last decade.I will surely rank him year in the future but now , he still has enough power to play and add to his legacy.

9.Shaquille O'Neal

O'Neal's individual accolades include the 1999–2000 MVP award, the 1992–93 NBA Rookie of the Year award, 15 All-Star game selections, three All-Star Game MVP awards, three Finals MVP awards, two scoring titles, 14 All-NBA team selections, and three NBA All-Defensive Team selections. He ranks 6th all-time in points scored, 5th in field goals, 13th in rebounds, and 7th in blocks. Largely due to his ability to dunk the basketball, O'Neal also ranks 3rd all-time in field goal percentage (58.2%)

10.Oscar Robertson

Robertson could score inside, outside and also was a phenomenal passer aswell.He was a 12-time All-Star, 11-time member of the All-NBA Team, and one-time winner of the MVP award in 14 professional seasons. He is the only player in NBA history to average a triple-double for a season.He was also ranked 5th best player ever by SLAM

Honourable Mnetions:Tim Duncan , Hakeem Olajuwon and Moses Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 20:28
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Tim duncan should be there, he is the best player of 2000 era.
Magic should be second, Larry bird at 7 is somewhat low too.
Kobe, Lebron are too high.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 20:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I'm no basketball fan, but anybody who I've talked to that is one says Larry Bird was a top 3 player of all-time. #7? Seems way too low for him.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 20:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pasquale View Post
Tim duncan should be there, he is the best player of 2000 era.
Magic should be second, Larry bird at 7 is somewhat low too.
Kobe, Lebron are too high.
-I've already mentioned him in the H.M. but I think Bryant is the best of the 2000's

-Magic would have definetly been 2nd had not ofr his ilness.

-Apart from Bryant , I doubt he can be ranked any higher.It's similar with football , you have Pele , then Maradona and then allot of players extremely hard to rank.

-Really? I tought people would say they deserved higher...

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 20:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josué View Post
I'm no basketball fan, but anybody who I've talked to that is one says Larry Bird was a top 3 player of all-time. #7? Seems way too low for him.
Better than Bill Russell?

Quote:

post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 20:41
Legend

Teams: Los Merengues, La Furia Roja, Teem Melli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josué View Post
Nah. Not top 3.

He was crazy good though. I'd rank him high than Chamberlain, but not higher than Russell/Kobe.

sup
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 20:49
Legend

Teams: Los Merengues, La Furia Roja, Teem Melli
Maybe even ahead of Kareem.

sup
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 21:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Wow , the opinions are so mixed. Why don't you guys post ur own top 10 to?

Quote:

post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 22:10
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Wilt
8. Kobe
9. Shaq
10. LeBron

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 22:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

All people that I talked to and saw him play said that Wilt was the Jordon before Jordan. And some say even better. I think you guys underrate him a bit.

Quote:

post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2014, 22:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Where does Tony Parker rank on the all time list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2014, 00:38
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
I don't think Lebron should be in any top 10 list, as he's still got a fair while to go in his career, who knows what might happen
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2014, 01:02
YBC
Legend

I'd put Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac in there
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2014, 01:16
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Magic
4. Chamberlain
5. Bird
6. Russell
7. Shaq
8. Duncan
9. LeBron
10. Olajuwon

--

based off the NBA Classics on NBATV I've watched plus watching LBJ live.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2014, 01:24
International

Bird was better than Magic, Kobe shouldnt be in top 10, Shaq should be higher.
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2014, 12:05
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
1 - MJ , The undisputed best there is no one that debates it
2 - Magic Johnson , 5 NBA TITLES 3 FINALS MVP 3 Regular season MVP. Can play any position. Played 9 finals
3 - Larry Bird , never relied on athleticism.. but his basketball iq was the best.
4 - Bill Rusell , 11 rings.
5 - Kareem abdul-jabbar, like duncan very consitent player. all-time leading scorer in NBA history, most regular season MVP awards (6)
6 - Tim Duncan , won 5 titles with spurs. but more so, since 1999 duncan team always racked up 50 wins in regular season. Doesnt matter what he was surrounded with..duncan always managed 50 wins. Not just that, on the defensive end he was as vital on offensive end.
7 - SHAQ O'Neal , most probably in his prime the most dominant player I seen. In his prime he was unstoppable, I remember the spurs used to double team him in defence with david robinson and tim duncan..that wasnt enough still.
8 - Hakeem Olajuwon, maybe most skilled big man ever. So many of the players nowadays look at hakeem to improve their game. Abused so many defender with his post game.. offence aside, defensively he was a beast.
9 - Wilt Chamberlain, we can say he is most dominant player ever. Not Shaq. In 1961-62 regular season, Wilt averaged 50.4 points and 25.7 rebounds.
10 - Lebron James, he needs to do more to get higher. I rank him above kobe, cause i think they are equal now but lebron with room to solidfy himself further still.
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2014, 20:09
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Le Bron is ALREADY a TOP 5 Dudes !!!! Give the frikken Guy a break !!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 06:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pasquale View Post
1 - MJ , The undisputed best there is no one that debates it
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...=jordan+lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 07:02
Assistant Waterboy
Premier Player

where does the dr. come in? rank 11?

Football is a game of lords, played and organized by rogues.
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 10:16
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
Bird at #7? Russell behind Magic? Kobe at #6? LeBron at #8?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in