The offseason's trades & free agency - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 241 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2014, 19:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Milan
The offseason's trades & free agency

Well, there exists life outside Miami

The only bit I'm discussing re Miami, well partly, the rumor of Houston's pursuit of LeBron is really silly. Houston failed miserably to offload Asik last February, problem stays, add to that a similar situation with Lin! Harden & Howard won't go anywhere of course. Can't see where the money's coming from to sign LeBron. Better try and keep Parsons, more realistic!

Melo seems to be considering rings rather than his paycheck, surprisingly! Could very well be on his way to Chicago. If the Bulls' front office pulls this one off without amnestying Boozer, then just alm: The fantasy world they're living in where Boozer has any value or could draw a potential worthy trade is just absurd.

Melo opting out adds to New York's misery. Good riddance! Also, I'm very skeptical Phil could do a decent job in New York.

Kevin Love's trade to Golden State seems off, Steve Kerr doesn't wanna part with Klay Thompson. Smart choice imho. As much as Kevin Love is an upgrade, giving away Thompson, David Lee & a first rounder seems a bit too much!

One franchise I'm eagerly awaiting their moves in the draft would be OKC. They got 2 picks in the first round. Draft or trade? They should be looking at a shooting guard I guess since Thabo is a free agent. Wouldn't know if they want to bring him back or not, but I wouldn't, he's a liability. It's really astonishing they're not amnestying Perkins, he's a hindrance!

Boston & Philly have got gazillion picks in the draft. I don't think we'll see an instant impact on the court, not next year anyhow.

Portland got cap space. If they could add to their bench or upgrade over Batum and/or Wes Matthews, they could go way deeper in the playoffs next year.

The Clippers continue to shoot themselves in the foot with this ownership circus! If they resolve this issue early & could keep Granger, Big Baby Davis & Collison, they're a force!

Detroit got Stan Van Gundy. I haven't been paying attention to these guys for a long time now, but Stan is a smart guy & I believe he could very well turn this franchise around. A bit interesting.

Indiana will stick with Vogel for another year. Weird after such a royal choking this year! They got to decide on Lance Stephenson as well, he's a free agent this summer. I would like them to let him go, start CJ Watson & move Hill to shooting guard, they get CJ's ball movement & Hill's points & defensive effort. But that's just me of course.

Finally, my beloved Spurs. I think everyone will be back except maybe Patty Mills. Timmy will be back. Parker will be given his money. Diaw has his connection with Parker & he might get a raise as well. I wouldn't fret over Bonner or Baynes to be honest, but it's in their best interests to be back. Patty has nothing to prove. He's talented, he came back this year stronger and he's due a big contract. My fear is that he won't get this contract in San Antonio. I wouldn't blame him if wants to capitalise on his success at once, he earned it. I hope he returns, though. One more run!

No expectations..No disappointments

Last edited by sheriff; June 22nd, 2014 at 19:21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 241 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2014, 19:19 Thread Starter
Star Player

There exists Dallas, LAL, Clevland, etc...

However, I couldn't be more disinterested tbh!

post #3 of 241 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2014, 20:59
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
When is the deadline?

These teams are nervous as hell thanks to the Spurs

post #4 of 241 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2014, 22:24
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Melo is taking all the talk now, seems he will go the bulls.
I think championship wise his best bet would be rockets though. Harden/Howard/Melo ...

Miami are also being mentioned with melo, but its just media willing to create some news ... miami would be stupid to bring in melo there would be nthg left to build role players with. Heat need role players, not another superstar.
post #5 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 09:56
International

Melo should go to the Bulls over the Rockets. The east offers him an easier path to the finals and they can surround him with elite defence and rebounding and also gives him the chance to play with an elite point guard in Rose that can create easy shots for him and also take the scoring burden off him.

The only worry is whether Rose is going to healthy.

The Rockets were up there with the best in terms of scoring and need defence so I don't really see how Melo makes them that much better.

The Pacers need to get a PG this summer and to also retain Stephenson.
post #6 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:10 Thread Starter
Star Player

I'm not following the news avidly, but where exactly is this Melo to Houston talk coming from?

Houston right now can't acquire another superstar, no cap space, simple as! The contracts of Lin & Asik for next year are killing them. Trading these guys ain't an easy job either. So even if they end up succeeding with that, they'd probably be another Miami, big three & lousy supporting cast! If this indeed happens, kiss Parsons goodbye, they won't be able to retain his services long-term!

post #7 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:50
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
They can easily trade asik /lin .. there will be suitors.

Quote:
Chris Webber on Carmelo. .
“If I’m Melo, I’m definitely not going to Chicago, That’s just not the place to go. When D-Rose was healthy, they had terrible offense. Thibodeau is a great, great coach, but offensively you have to have an offensive-minded coach as well, someone who can adapt like a Popovich, who uses talent and not just harps on them that we’re going to play hard every night. Everybody can play hard every night, but can you play with the IQ, can you play with smarts every night?”
post #8 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 13:57 Thread Starter
Star Player

Yeah right! Houston managed the Asik trade last February greatly!!

I checked quickly, Houston's name is being thrown around very casually, nothing solid at all! No mention on potential moves for Lin & Asik either.

Speculative at best.

post #9 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 14:00
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
I hope Rockets pass on this vial of poison...

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #10 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 14:03 Thread Starter
Star Player

Mavs considering Pau Gasol. Such a bad idea! Dirk & Pau on the court pushes Pau to center!

I'm genuinely not concerned with Dallas' cap space, I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to screw up.

post #11 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 14:09
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Melo should go to a team which is a defensively competent and well-working unit but could use a top-class shooter... that's Grizzlies. This is a team he could actually improve.

Although they don't have cap space, especially if Randolph stays.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #12 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 15:30
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
Melo should go to a team which is a defensively competent and well-working unit but could use a top-class shooter... that's Grizzlies. This is a team he could actually improve.

Although they don't have cap space, especially if Randolph stays.
LaLa Vazquez in Memphis, lol.

And Golden State not moving for Kevin Love over Klay Thompson is hilarious.

OKC need to make a move desperately. Can't keep on wasting the few years they have remaining with KD and Westbrook.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #13 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 16:39
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Melo should go to the Bulls over the Rockets. The east offers him an easier path to the finals and they can surround him with elite defence and rebounding and also gives him the chance to play with an elite point guard in Rose that can create easy shots for him and also take the scoring burden off him.

The only worry is whether Rose is going to healthy.

The Rockets were up there with the best in terms of scoring and need defence so I don't really see how Melo makes them that much better.

The Pacers need to get a PG this summer and to also retain Stephenson.
If we get both Melo and Afflalo then Rose will be a none-factor.

Melo himself is a playmaker. We already have a standard point guard in Augustin. Even if he gets beaten on defensive end for being short, Melo's scoring will power will help somewhat compensate for it. Thib will make him an even more improved defender.

I still don't understand the Mirotic mess. Nobody is sure what moves we're going to be making. I'd love Afflalo in our team but I think it will be at the expensive of this unproven Montenegrin. If that's the case we'd be without a power forward.

Messy situation I just hope the Bulls get Melo in a way that doesn't hurt them too much. We need a playmaker but we also need to have a legitimate starting 5. Our bench will do their deeds.
post #14 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 21:24
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
If we get both Melo and Afflalo then Rose will be a none-factor.

Melo himself is a playmaker. We already have a standard point guard in Augustin. Even if he gets beaten on defensive end for being short, Melo's scoring will power will help somewhat compensate for it. Thib will make him an even more improved defender.

I still don't understand the Mirotic mess. Nobody is sure what moves we're going to be making. I'd love Afflalo in our team but I think it will be at the expensive of this unproven Montenegrin. If that's the case we'd be without a power forward.

Messy situation I just hope the Bulls get Melo in a way that doesn't hurt them too much. We need a playmaker but we also need to have a legitimate starting 5. Our bench will do their deeds.

As a Bulls fan, who would you rather acquire? Anthony or Love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 241 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2014, 21:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

what are the rumors about the toronto raptors

is drake going to bring any good black players to the team becuz they like rap?

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #16 of 241 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2014, 02:52
International

Kevin Love of course. Both might lack defense, but Love is a better 3 point shooter, better rebounder, and has more assists. I think more complete than Carmelo.
post #17 of 241 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2014, 04:20
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Kings are eager to move the 8th pick and have been in talks with Bulls (names thrown around are Butler and Gibson). The Bulls are presumably trying to clear up cap space to go after Carmelo Athony.

Obviously, I'd rather have Gibson so we can fill our need of a good, defensive PF next to Cousins who doesn't need the ball on offense.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #18 of 241 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2014, 04:30
10'un Adi Lefter
World Class Player

Teams: Fenerbahçe, Juventus, PSV, Santos
I actually don't mind Melo opting out. I wouldn't bring him back for the max. No way. I would say 5 years/90 million. Anything more isn't worth it in my opinion. I'd rather go out and spend 130 million on Bledsoe/Stephenson and Bosh/Gasol/Randolph than 130 million on just Melo. He isn't a LeBron/Durant/Paul type where he alone can carry teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
That was a shot. However, when he hits those trivelas one of two things happen-

1-Joshua has an orgasm.

2-Queresma scoress, and Joshua has an orgasm.

This time he got a lucky assist, but you can still bet Joshua had an orgasm.
post #19 of 241 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2014, 09:45
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocaman Adam View Post
I actually don't mind Melo opting out. I wouldn't bring him back for the max. No way. I would say 5 years/90 million. Anything more isn't worth it in my opinion. I'd rather go out and spend 130 million on Bledsoe/Stephenson and Bosh/Gasol/Randolph than 130 million on just Melo. He isn't a LeBron/Durant/Paul type where he alone can carry teams.
Except Knicks can't spend that on anyone else except Melo. They have no cap space to make new expensive signings. Amare, Chandler, JR and above all Bargnani are on the books still. They all come off the books next year. The only reason they can spend that kinda dough on Melo is because they have his bird rights. And why would Carmelo take a discount and play for a shit team?

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #20 of 241 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2014, 12:29
International

Knicks should sign and trade Melo and look to also dump either Felton or JR or both and go on a full proper rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in