Heat in 7 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2014, 16:35 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
NBA Finals 2014: Heat vs Spurs

So it's a repeat of last year's thriller only this time Spurs have the home court advantage.

Surprisingly it's the first time ever Spurs reaches back-to-back finals. While Heat becomes the first team since 1984-87 Celtics to appear in 4th consecutive finals series.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2014, 18:50
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
So it's a repeat of last year's thriller only this time Spurs have the home court advantage.

Surprisingly it's the first time ever Spurs reaches back-to-back finals. While Heat becomes the first team since 1984-87 Celtics to appear in 4th consecutive finals series.
Whooping the Heat's arse at this point in time would be fully justified after being blatantly robbed in game 6. If San Antonio really wants to win this as a smaller market, they need to keep a safe 15-20 point margin throughout the 2nd half otherwise the referees will BS...throw Duncan on the bench with "ghost fouls" and a bunch of none-sense offensive-fouls and God knows what else. They will target the key players of the Spurs, maybe even this time Kawhi Leonard who was a big threat to the Heat last season.

I say Heat in 7. I have a feeling this is like the Bulls-Jazz series, where the Bull won 2 championships against them. I see a similar story here, unfortunately, nike's million dollar endorsements are more important than a small market winning an NBA championship which means a lot less money for the NBA.

I hope it is an honest affair but I just see the Spurs getting robbed again.
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2014, 19:05 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I don't really see why anybody should rob them this year. The league probably wants a 7 game series above all and no matter which team wins it will make a great story.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2014, 20:24
Star Player

Teams: Milan
I'm no big fan of conspiracy theories. I expect Spurs to win in 6. They got better over the past year. Heat's just the same, even no Miller. I'm optimistic.

No expectations..No disappointments
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:05
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
It's LIKE the HEAT never get robbed ????? :dielaugh:

The Pacers WON, ONLY because the Refs and the NBA gave them those wins. Just like Brooklyn too !!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 09:17
Star Player

Yawn! Going by this very stupid theory, maybe Miami shouldn't have won the title back in 06. What's winding you up really this year? That you had to play an extra game in the 2nd round & another in the conference finals? Grow up!

post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:42
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Yawn! Going by this very stupid theory, maybe Miami shouldn't have won the title back in 06. What's winding you up really this year? That you had to play an extra game in the 2nd round & another in the conference finals? Grow up!
I hope you dont look like the ugly clown in your Avatar, you scare a blind man !!!

post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 21:16
Xtratime Elite

BTW sheriff, did you enjoy the Egypt 2 CHILE 3 game ?? I certainly did.

post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2014, 09:34
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
Heat in 7 I say

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2014, 14:18
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
Heat in 7 I say
Good choice and in the right direction

post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2014, 10:49
RDN
Į\(į_o)/Į
International

I hope Timmy gets another ring.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
██▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▀▀▀▀▒█▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒▒▒▒▒█▒████▒█▒▒▒▒▒█
██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2014, 14:23
puzz!eshock
Premier Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund
heat in 7

****** batman n robin, im robbin' with a bat, man
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2014, 14:24 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

12 out of 18 ESPN "experts" predict Spurs to win the series...somewhat surprising maybe

post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2014, 14:42
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
I predicted the Spurs would win the Heat in 6 games prior to the season starting..

But..

Seeing how Tony Parker played vs Oklahoma, and the fact that even if he plays he will clearly not be the same Tony Parker, worries the heck out of me.
His dribble penetration is the only thing that can beat Miami as it triggers defensive rotations and opens up their missile barrage of three point shooting - you saw after game 2 with OKC that it was definitely not there, and the Spurs looked worst accordingly.
He could still score, but it's not nearly the same, and they are not the same team when Parker is ultra aggressive and effective going to the basket.

I'm leaning towards Miami in this one, sadly. If Parker was 100% I'd go with the Spurs though.

Miami in 6.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2014, 16:30
Star Player

I couldn't disagree more! This Spurs team will adjust if Tony is hurt, they've done it before. There are various options out there. Yes, a healthy Tony is a plus, however, if he's out, this roster is deep & skillful enough to beat Miami. Top of my head, Manu can handle the ball, this puts an extra shooter on the floor, not to mention his spacing. Joseph could play the one & we'd see glimpses of Tony's penetration. Patty Mills will provide a bit of everything.

Tony is a defensive liability even if at 100%. In the conference finals' games 3 & 4, he went AWOL by his standards, just cause Ibaka was introduced to the game! And they've sealed the job in game 6 without him! This Spurs team doesn't revolve around TP anymore, ironically he's the youngest of the big 3!

post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2014, 10:08
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
There are advantages/disadvantages over last year

Spurs Advantages

1 - They have homecourt
2 - They are better team this year, and hungrier then heat
3 - Heat are worse, in particular the role players . Miller left, and the others like battier retiring after the finals. Rashard Lewis being key player now in the rotation says it all.

Heat Advantages

1 - I doubt refs will help the spurs the way they did last year, when the heat shot an all time low of just 118 free throws in 7 game series and spurs got away with fouling on defensive end.
2 - Dwayne Wade is healthy, when last year he was playing hobbled.
3 - Tony Parker unknown status
4 - Spurs had 9 day rest before the finals last year, when during this 9 days the heat played 4 very phyiscally tiring games vs indiana pacers.

Most experts are picking the spurs, I think they are favorites like I said pre-playoffs start. Am going with spurs in 6.
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2014, 12:29
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pasquale View Post
I doubt refs will help the spurs the way they did last year, when the heat shot an all time low of just 118 free throws in 7 game series and spurs got away with fouling on defensive end.
And what do we conclude from this particular stat, genius? Again, if someone wants to cry conspiracy theories, I couldn't care less. However, this bit is really subjective! There's one game, just ONE, when the Spurs got to the line a lot more than Miami & eventually lost, that was game 4 iirc. Throughout the series, they've been nearly on par going to the line! The Spurs shot more free throws, admittedly. Moreover, Miami has got shooters, they dropped 3's like crazy during some games, that took a big chunk outta their field goals, hence they didn't even try to get to the lane, how exactly will they draw crazy fouls from downtown? I can only wonder!

post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2014, 14:54
World Class Player

Spurs shot 40 more free throws then the heat over the entire series.
There were many calls man, like for example game 6.It should have never went to overtime, because the spurs illegally substituted tim duncan into the game with 5 seconds left. Per rules, that should have been one miami free throw + ball with miami. ( http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...072304921.html ) . Instead Spurs were given a chance to play OT, and win the game.

There were other calls as well ( http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...php?p=36177368 ) . check that thread of many incidents mention.

I am watching the finals again over beinsports nba tv again, they are playing last year finals...and so many calls have gone spurs favor.
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2014, 15:22 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yeah even I as a confirmed Heat hater must admit that in last year's series Miami was not helped by referees...if anything then they might've slightly favored Spurs

post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2014, 16:40
World Class Player

I am watching many of last year finals over and over.
Just watching game 3 now on beinsports nba tv, wade shot an airball..and then let green take a 3 on him.
Game 6, spurs up by 13...wade goes to the bench heat make a run and comeback with wade missing 9 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Brent Barry ex-spurs player made good remark, last year the heat got blown out everytime wade was on court. Only games heat finished in + with wade in game were games 2 and 4 ( and it was marginal).

Wade should come big this year, to fill the gap of the oldie role players who regressed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in