76rs championship effort - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2014, 18:55 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
76rs championship effort

well as you might remember their head office did pretty much everything they could to ensure a great tanking season, including trading Holiday for Noel, a player who didn't even play this season. But the problem was that their rookie MCW turned out to be surprisingly good and others like Turner and Hawes showed a lot of improvement and also contributed to a solid start of the season. So they collected so many wins in the early months that the chances of getting a top 3 pick in the draft seemed to be just a faraway beautiful dream.

But then they gave away Turner and Hawes and now with the 24 loss streak are inching closer to NBA record (26). And only 1.5 losses away from Bucks at the very bottom.

They are putting themselves in a good future position for sure, especially if Noel turns out to be any good.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2014, 19:16
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
I just had a feeling sooner or later you'd raise this issue

On a serious note, you could be right, if Noel turns out to be good, recovers well from that injury, and if they get another potential star players. They'll have a good start from scratch. MCW+ Noel + ???
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2014, 19:40
International

76rs admirable tanking effort

They can potentially land two top ten picks in the draft this summer because they get the Pelicans pick, although it is top five protected.

So you could have a scenario of MCW, Harris from Michigan State , Wiggins, Young and Noel.

And cap space since all are on rookie scale contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2014, 19:55
Che
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Im a Suffering miserable sixers fan

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

"To go down as the greatest, it will take lots of work but that is my target. If you go down as the greatest at Madrid it means you are one of the greatest of all time."

CRISTIANO RONALDO
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2014, 01:31 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
They can potentially land two top ten picks in the draft this summer because they get the Pelicans pick, although it is top five protected.

So you could have a scenario of MCW, Harris from Michigan State , Wiggins, Young and Noel.

And cap space since all are on rookie scale contracts.
yep, if they don't get screwed in the lottery then their future prospects look very good...might be a title challenger in 3-4 years.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2014, 01:32 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che View Post
Im a Suffering miserable sixers fan

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
look at the bright side: you could be a Knicks or Cavs fan.

post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2014, 02:16
10'un Adi Lefter
World Class Player

Teams: Fenerbahçe, Juventus, PSV, Santos
You know what's worse? Despite the fact that the Sixers have lost 24 in a row, they're STILL ahead of the Bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
That was a shot. However, when he hits those trivelas one of two things happen-

1-Joshua has an orgasm.

2-Queresma scoress, and Joshua has an orgasm.

This time he got a lucky assist, but you can still bet Joshua had an orgasm.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2014, 15:52
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan
They have 7? second round picks, i think most are for this season's draft.

They will cash about 3-4 of them in for a decent young player or maybe a late 1st rounder, maybe to knicks for shumpert for example. 2 top 10 picks assuming the pelicans don't get top 3 in lottery, hopefully one of them being parker or wiggins; maybe with gordon or one of the harrison twins as the other pick (depending on if they can get shump)

young core of -
MCW, shump, wiggins, thad young, noel
- maybe they can draft a PF so they can let t young play sf/pf stretch; he is best as a 6th man. also i wouldn't bank my future on shumpert

but that core is defensively very good, all young and have amazing athletic ability, can run well. shooting is ehhh but they will learn that with time.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2014, 16:03
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleloy View Post
They have 7? second round picks, i think most are for this season's draft.

They will cash about 3-4 of them in for a decent young player or maybe a late 1st rounder, maybe to knicks for shumpert for example. 2 top 10 picks assuming the pelicans don't get top 3 in lottery, hopefully one of them being parker or wiggins; maybe with gordon or one of the harrison twins as the other pick (depending on if they can get shump)

young core of -
MCW, shump, wiggins, thad young, noel
- maybe they can draft a PF so they can let t young play sf/pf stretch; he is best as a 6th man. also i wouldn't bank my future on shumpert

but that core is defensively very good, all young and have amazing athletic ability, can run well. shooting is ehhh but they will learn that with time.
Pretty much had something similar in mind, and I was thinking they'd also go for Wiggins for the athletic freak speed team.

-If they stay healthy
-If their young core becomes offensively polished (MCW, i.e. pick Wiggins, Noel etc.)

Within a few years, you can see them become the Eastern Conference version of the OKC. They won't be in the same class as OKC given guys like Durant are rare. But they'd definitely be contenders in the East and they can emulate a similar kind of game.

Brett Brown was under Coach Pop for an extensive period of time. Maybe he can make it happen.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2014, 15:25 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

they failed to make the new all time record of consecutive defeats

post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2014, 15:31 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

looks like they can't catch Bucks in the bottom of the table

nevertheless they have done well...and they have 7 picks in this summer's draft five of them in the 2nd round though

post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2014, 15:31 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I think I'm gonna gloryhunt them...team of the future.

post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2014, 17:59
International

On a serious note. If a team like the Chicago Bulls passes on Zach LaVine. I have a confident feeling that OKC would draft him right off the bat. I think the kid would fill the gap that Harden left.

I could also see the Heat drafting Shabazz Napier.
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2014, 22:36
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
They'll do REALLY good in the Playoffs, TEN YEARS AFTER !!!! :dielaugh:

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2014, 22:51
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
That is the problem with ALL Pro Sports in the USA.. NO Demotion NO Promotion, NO Lower leagues, NO REAL COMPETITION.

Actually, they PROMOTE Teams to do BAD so that they can get the BETTER Draft Picks.

INSANE !!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero

Last edited by colocolo; May 2nd, 2014 at 20:10.
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2014, 05:26
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo View Post
That is the problem with ALL Pro Sports in the USA.. NO Demotion NO Promotion, NO Lower leagues, NO REAL COMPETITION.

Actually, they PROMOTE Teams to do BAD so that they can get the BETTER Draft Picks. INSANE !!!
Yeah, there's a lack of integrity when you deliberately try to tank. Looks very bad for the sport.
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 14:35 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

bump 2-23

post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 14:41 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Would be funny if they pick first and take Okafor...Embiid, Noel and Okafor...I guess the latter could play as a PF too despite of being heralded as a true center. Embiid+Okafor could potentially be the greatest twin towers since Robinson+Duncan.

post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2015, 23:19 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

their new secondary logo (seriously):

IMO this could've been more suitable:

Last edited by Andy Christ; June 19th, 2015 at 12:43.
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2015, 23:52
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Embid might be out for another season.

The Tank 3: Tankstruction

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in