The Big Poll: Who will win the NBA 2013/14 title? - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win NBA 2013/14?
Heat 4 40.00%
Thunder 1 10.00%
Bulls 3 30.00%
Spurs 1 10.00%
Rockets 0 0%
Nets 0 0%
Clippers 1 10.00%
Pacers 0 0%
Warriors 0 0%
Grizzlies 0 0%
Nuggets 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2013, 16:58 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
The Big Poll: Who will win the NBA 2013/14 title?

let's make our guesses (or informed opinions)...

I say Bulls...if their key players stay fit.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2013, 17:11
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Heat are defo favorites, and best team on paper. The question mark is how hungry are they after winning 2 titles..and 3 trips to nba finals. Plus how healthy are they going to be especially dwayne wade?

The discussion more so of who will win the nba title...is who will be the toughest challenge for the heat? Who will stop them?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2013, 19:01 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

If Wade and Bosh continue to decline then Heat might very well be knocked off their perch in the conference playoffs already.

Heat is definitely a very overrated team at the moment after their lucky escape in last season's Finals. There's a fair amount of teams who can overcome them in a series...Pacers, Bulls and maybe the Nets in the East as well as whoever proves to be good enough to win the West (probably one of Thunder, Spurs, Rockets or Warriors).

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 01:17
International

The Heat are not overrated, they have just won two back to back titles and have been to three straight finals. I mean what other team has come close to achieving this in the past three seasons?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:56 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

There's no reason to think they're massive favorites this season, though. IMO their odds at the bookies are a complete nonsense.

I mean the last playoffs showed there's no Big Three anymore...there's the Godlike One and that's it. It is all down to results-skewed perception...had Duncan been on the court to get the rebound in that fatal possession at the end of Game 6, had the Allen three pointer missed etc. We would be talking about who can stop the Spurs and what does Heat have to do to shake off the choker stigma and become winners again.

For me Heat is just one of the strong teams out there...maybe the most likely team to win but not huge title favorites because they're unlikely to be better than last season. And they will definitely face a stronger competition in the East this time.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:24
International

I haven't looked at odds, so if based on odds then yeah they can be an argument that they are overrated, but if Wade is actually healthy in the post season then they are favourites.

There's no guarantee that Duncan would have got the rebound had he been on the court. The fact is that he wasn't and the Spurs lost. The Spurs also had a chance to win Game 7 and they failed. Leonard, Duncan and Ginobili all had chances to win the title for the Spurs and they failed. That is on them. In Sports you have to execute to win and the Spurs failed. Miami executed and they won.

Miami are the strongest team in the league until proven otherwise. They have earned the right to be called favourites.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:42 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

They're 2/1 at most bookies...in comparison Brazil is 10/3 to win the World Cup. And I don't think Heat is any more likely to win the title than Brazil is next year.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:10
World Class Player

Yeh, I wouldnt say we are clear cut better then others. But last year the heat won the title despite wade playing injured ( at times he looked like a cancer , hurting his team more then helping) then in 2012 bosh got injured and missed most of the ECF and Eastern conference semifinals too.

Despite those 2 episodes, heat still won the title.If heat will be healthy there is no stopping them, if u cant beat them when they are not healthy..ur definetly not going if they are.

I am also too hopefuly on the addition of michael beasley.Seeing preseason he is definetly looking good, and might even make a case for sixth man of the year.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 14:22
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
I'm going to wait until 10 games into the season to make my pick, very early if we were to choose now.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 16:05
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
I'm going to wait until 10 games into the season to make my pick, very early if we were to choose now.

First 10 games will hardly tell anything, think its after all star game where the picture starts becoming clear.

I think Miami will start the season slow, and will defo have limited training like last year at start of season to preserve legs for playoffs.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 16:11
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Just think the Bulls are more hungrier this year. They're strong defensively and now Rose adds the offensive firepower. Butler solves their problems at the SG position. Dunleavy provides the outside shooting. Now if they could only get rid of Boozer.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 18:07
World Class Player

Quote:
Heat Predicted To Threepeat By 75.9 Percent Of NBA GMs
Oct 22, 2013 11:21 AM EDT

The Miami Heat received 75.9 percent of the votes from NBA general managers that they would repeat as NBA champions. GMs were not allowed to vote for their own teams or personnel in the survey.

The Indiana Pacers and San Antonio Spurs received 6.9 percent of the vote, while the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers and Oklahoma City also received votes.

The Heat received 70 percent of the vote last season.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ent-Of-NBA-GMs

NO Surprising most nba gms think heat will win it .Surprised with the outcome of the poll in this thread. The heat are definetly underrated on XT with this poll.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2013, 18:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Miami.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2013, 17:41
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
No one but The HEAT.

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2013, 19:14
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
We're the FRONT RUNNERS.

Maybe The Raptors right behind us ????

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2013, 23:06 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I think we can cross out Bulls from the list

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2013, 23:45
Legend

Teams: Los Merengues, La Furia Roja, Teem Melli
It's amazing how good the Spurs are every single year, and still no one talks about them.

sup
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2013, 23:49
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
I really hope they win it. Leonard has been just awesome, even Splitter looks a better player this season. Diaw is quite impressive as well.

I think they've gelled more post last years playoffs, and it shows
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2013, 10:04
Rising Star

Funny mentioning the Spurs just before they loose to Indiana. I am a Spurs fan and I also picked them in the poll. They are the definition of a team. Belinelli has also been a very good addition.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2013, 11:26
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
I think we can cross out Bulls from the list
R10! jinxed them, like he did with the lakers last year.

Whose stopping the pacers? they are sick good.I am scared of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in