XT TOP 10 Shooting Guards of all time - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who is the greatest NBA shooting guard of all time?
Michael Jordan 12 85.71%
Jerry West 1 7.14%
Kobe Bryant 0 0%
Allen Iverson 0 0%
George Gervin 0 0%
Clyde Drexler 0 0%
Dwayne Wade 0 0%
Pete Maravich 1 7.14%
Sam Jones 0 0%
Reggier Miller 0 0%
RAY Allen 0 0%
Other ( name in thread) 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2013, 13:56 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
XT TOP 10 Shooting Guards of all time

Well, after the PG role we move into the SG Role.

1 - Michael Jordan

It doesnt even need an argument. Not just the best shooting guard ever, but the greatest player of all time also. Highest ppg of all time , six nba championships six finals mvp 5 league mvp...like 10 scoring titles. Jordan is the league standard for greatness

2 - Jerry West

He made the finals over 10 times, and only won once thanks to the Bill Rusell celtics denying him 9 times and the knicks one more time.
Only player in NBA history to win finals mvp while being on the losing team also, he did this by averaging over 40 points per game in 1969 finals vs celtics ( a series that went to 7 games).

3 - Kobe Bryant

You can put him second as well, or third. Debatable. He won 5 titles, and is probably the closest thing we have seen to jordan in terms of style of play.A copy of jordan. His 81 point game in regular season stands out as one of best performances ever.

4 - Allen "The Answer" Iverson

One of the best shooting guards ever, he was undersized for his position. But he was one of toughest players ever. Shortest player ever to win NBA MVP award. He missed out of winning a title, but remains one of the best shooting guards ever. He will have his sixers jersey retired vs the Miami heat on october 30, 2013.

5 - George Gervin

The inventor of the finger roll, the iceman could just score from anywhere. Won 4 scoring titles also, Like Allen Iverson

6 - Clyde Drexler

One of the best all around shooting guards of all time. He helped houston rockets win the championship in 1994 - 1995, his only championship ever. One of the best electrifying dunkers ever. During his era, he was the second best shooting guard after Michael Jordan.

7 - Dwayne Wade

Last few years his performances went down, injuries and knee problems but he remains one of the greatest ever in his position. 3 rings to support his case as well. The 2006 finals he had vs dallas remains one of the best finals performances ever.

8 - Pete Maravich

If he won a title, he would probably be higher on the list. His ability to create plays for himself and others made him one of most entertaining players ever.

9 - Sam Jones

Won 10 championships with the boston celtics in 1960's. He was the inventor of the word clutch.He came big for celtics when mattered.

10 - Ray Allen & Reggie Miller

Two of the greatest 3 point shooters of all time. Clutch as hell. RAY Allen won 2 rings, Miller didnt want any.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2013, 14:07
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia

the most skilled player of all time...no strength, no natural speed or athleticism...just merciless drills and conditioning from very early age resulting in the Van Gogh of Basketball.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2013, 14:11
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
of course I don't really think he's better than Jordan as an NBA player...it's just that it will be boring when everybody says MJ

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2013, 23:03 Thread Starter
World Class Player

One of the greatest shooting guards ever Bill Sharman died today.A case can be made for him to be in the top 10 as well.

- 8x All-Star
- 7x All-NBA
- 4x Champion

One of best shooters of his generation, also one of first guards to eclipse shooting 40 % percent from the field in a seasn.

RIP bill sharman
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2013, 15:03 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Lebron on Iverson

Quote:
Just days after Miami Heat forward LeBron James listed Allen Iverson and Michael Jordan as his childhood idols, the NBA's reigning MVP continued to heap praise on the former Philadelphia 76ers star.

"Pound-for-pound, probably the greatest player who ever played,"
James said of Iverson, who will retire in a Sixers pregame ceremony ahead of Wednesday's home opener against the defending champion Heat.

James had told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that he continues to watch film of Jordan and Iverson.

"I watch Jordan more than anybody for sure," James said in ESPN The Magazine's NBA Preview Issue. "But I'll watch tapes of A.I., too. I don't take anything from A.I.. Well, I do -- his will. They say he was 6 feet, but A.I. was like 5-10˝. Do we even want to say 160? 170 [pounds]? Do we even want to give him that much weight? And he played like a 6-8 2-guard. He was one of the greatest finishers we've ever seen. You could never question his heart. Ever. He gave it his all. A.I. was like my second-favorite player growing up, after MJ."

James was asked Monday for his thoughts on Iverson ahead of Wednesday's ceremony.

"[Iverson] reminds me of Floyd Mayweather," James said, comparing Iverson to the undefeated boxer who has 18 titles to his name and stands just 5-foot-8. "You could never question [Iverson's] heart, his will to want to win. A true warrior."

Although Iverson was one of the top scorers of his era, his career was cut short at age 34 when injuries had taken a toll on his effectiveness. Iverson's playing career ended unceremoniously in 2010 after a 25-game stint with the 76ers, the team that drafted him No. 1 overall in 1996.

Iverson hasn't found work in the NBA since.

"I hate the fact that his career ended the way it did," James said Monday. "But he had an unbelievable career."

Iverson, who was officially listed at 6 feet, 165 pounds, scored 24,368 points during his career. That's 6,419 more than Calvin Murphy (17,949 points), who was the next-highest scorer at that height or smaller.

All told, Iverson has scored more points in his career than the three highest-scoring active players combined -- Chris Paul, Jameer Nelson and Nate Robinson (23,787 points).

Miami's Dwyane Wade also considers it a privilege that he'll be at Iverson's retirement ceremony on Wednesday.

"One of my favorite players obviously of all time. Michael Jordan, Kobe [Bryant], T-Mac [Tracy McGrady] and A.I.," Wade said. "Those were the ones that I looked up to coming up. I take pride in wearing No. 3 because A.I. wore No. 3."

As it turns out, Wade's first preseason game and regular-season game as an NBA player came against Iverson. What did he remember about those games?

"I was scared as God knows what," Wade said. "He's just a great competitor. He's one of the best to do it."

"It's going to be a great moment, I'm sure, for everyone that was a fan of Iverson and the way he changed the game -- all the little boys in their driveway doing the A.I. crossover," Wade said.

James and Wade will face the 76ers on Wednesday after opening up their season Tuesday against the Chicago Bulls.

"Philly is his home and should always be his home," James said of Iverson. "I'm happy for him. He was great for the league."

Iverson is my favorite player ever alongside Lebron. Just Glad, that it came out to be Lebron second favorite player of all time as well ( after jordan ) .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2013, 19:38
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Liverpool, Brazil
Top 5 I saw:
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
Allen Iverson
Tracy McGrady
Clyde Drexler
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2013, 00:49
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Wade > Iverson

Clyde aswell.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:53
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Should've made the poll question "Who is the best SG of All Time, aside from MJ?" because there's no point in the current poll.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:01 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Wade > Iverson

Clyde aswell.

I am biased when it comes to AI, he is my favorite player pre-lebron.
This is only time I let bias stand my way in the rankings here... the other rankings were done on extensive searching and checking other listings too ( especially shaq over olajuwon which r10! complained , or nash in my top 10 coz i dislike him)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2013, 13:40
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Kobe Bryant potentially could have taken MJ's spot had he not been such an idiot.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2015, 06:00 Thread Starter
World Class Player

How do you guys think missing this year playoffs affect Wade legacy?
We can pretty much rank Kobe and Wade all time now, as i don't think they got to offer anything in years to come anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in