Go to Brooklyn nets 0 0%
Join Rose and The Bulls 0 0%
Other 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2013, 18:30 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Carmelo Anthony - What does the future hold?

Well, more or less like t-mac he keeps losing in first round.He only made past first round twice. His window is starting to close, will be 30 this 13-14 season.. he has like 3 - 4 years of top level left in him.
You think he will leave new york, or stay there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2013, 18:34 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Carmelo Confirms Expected Plan To Opt Out
Oct 17, 2013 11:38 AM EDT

In a weeks old interview, Carmelo Anthony told the New York Observer that he plans on becoming a free agent on July 1.

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony said. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

Anthony would earn $33 million more by re-signing with the New York Knicks.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...lan-To-Opt-Out
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2013, 23:07
International

5 years $129M? He's staying in New York.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2013, 23:30
Legend

Teams: ROMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
5 years $129M? He's staying in New York.
Lol pretty much. Can't even be bothered with Melo anyway...good player but saying everyone dreams to be a free agent is hilarious especially the way he puts it. If he would of said every NBA player dreams of having every team in the league look at them and throw as much money at them i'd of respected his honesty lol. But again doubt he leaves he'd probably make more money in NY from sponsors anyway.

Do you even glory hunt?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2013, 15:56 Thread Starter
World Class Player

I think he will stay in NY As well, but the possibility is there for him to leave. Think his first goal should be a ring, then money. I dont think NYK offer him that ring opportunity especially with amare and chandler contracts running till 2015.

This season will be a key imo.His also turning 30 this year, in 14/15 he is 31.. the windows is starting to close for him to win a championship.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2013, 19:41 Thread Starter
World Class Player

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1488684

Quote:
The Melo-drama Part II is under way in the wake of Anthony confirming that he plans to opt out of his contract next summer and become an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career. And for the first time, Anthony hinted that it is a two-team race between the Knicks and Lakers. f
Quote:
The Lakers will have cap space, and Anthony is close to Kobe Bryant. Also, Anthony owns a home in Los Angeles, and his wife, La La, is a working actress in Hollywood. Needless to say, if Anthony leaves the Knicks, it won’t be for a small market team
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2013, 20:30
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
he wont never win a championship cuz he does not know how to play D and is a chucker

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2013, 20:36
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Knoxville View Post
he wont never win a championship cuz he does not know how to play D and is a chucker
I agree on the can't play D. But Melo is a deadly scorer not a chucker. Put some quality around him and watch him dominate.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2013, 23:14 Thread Starter
World Class Player

I think Melo also has to produce more assists.Like last year he only averaged 2.6 assists.I am not saying he should be lebron level, but even durant or paul george produce more and have better playmaking abilities.Heck big men like tim duncan averaged more assists then Melo last year ( 2.7)..
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2013, 09:47
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pasquale View Post
I think Melo also has to produce more assists.Like last year he only averaged 2.6 assists.I am not saying he should be lebron level, but even durant or paul george produce more and have better playmaking abilities.Heck big men like tim duncan averaged more assists then Melo last year ( 2.7)..
Its not about stats. He's a good passer out of the post. He shouldn't try to pad his assists, instead just be his natural self.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2013, 10:32
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10! View Post
I agree on the can't play D. But Melo is a deadly scorer not a chucker. Put some quality around him and watch him dominate.
a volume scorer with average TS% who is a horrible finisher at the rim...one of the most overrated players in the league who will never win a title as a first option.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2013, 03:18
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
I'd love to see Melo and Kobe on the same team. Throw in Nick Young too.

They'd need four basketballs to play
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2013, 12:44 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich View Post
I'd love to see Melo and Kobe on the same team. Throw in Nick Young too.

They'd need four basketballs to play
I think kobe is luckiest player ever, in that since he entered NBA he always been surrounded with top talent around him ( enters NBA with Shaq on his team ffs). Bar maybe 2 years, where he was surrounded with nobodies and he missed on playoffs and lost in round 1.

I think its possible melo plays with kobe.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2013, 14:32
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pasquale View Post
I think kobe is luckiest player ever, in that since he entered NBA he always been surrounded with top talent around him ( enters NBA with Shaq on his team ffs). Bar maybe 2 years, where he was surrounded with nobodies and he missed on playoffs and lost in round 1.

I think its possible melo plays with kobe.
It is possible but this team would suck (now when Kobe has become a defensive liability) much like Denver with AI and Melo didn't go anywhere.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2013, 16:21
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
I think he will leave New York, but it really depends on how much he wants to win a ring.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2013, 12:35
International

The Knicks should trade this guy and get back picks and young assets. There is no way that I'm giving him another max deal if I was Dolan after this season.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2013, 17:40
Forum Manager
International

I wonder what he and an injury-free Amar'e would have done together (no homo)...

- Firdaus
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2013, 17:53
10'un Adi Lefter
World Class Player

Teams: Fenerbahçe, Juventus, PSV, Santos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
I wonder what he and an injury-free Amar'e would have done together (no homo)...
Score a lot of points, but eventually lose in the ECF because they can't play D.

Amar'e at his best was a beast, but everyone in NY knew they were getting damaged goods when he signed. At the time his best bet was as a third banana (Bosh). Now the Knicks have a second banana (Melo) and a role player in Amare.

I hope he leaves for his own good. People make the $30m seem like a big deal, but he can surely make a good chunk of it back in endorsements (especially if he goes to somewhere like LA).

He would be a perfect fit playing with LeBron or on the Spurs. I have a feeling that LBJ might have a hand in bringing Melo into Miami to replace DWade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
That was a shot. However, when he hits those trivelas one of two things happen-

1-Joshua has an orgasm.

2-Queresma scoress, and Joshua has an orgasm.

This time he got a lucky assist, but you can still bet Joshua had an orgasm.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2013, 05:35
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocaman Adam View Post
Score a lot of points, but eventually lose in the ECF because they can't play D.

Amar'e at his best was a beast, but everyone in NY knew they were getting damaged goods when he signed. At the time his best bet was as a third banana (Bosh). Now the Knicks have a second banana (Melo) and a role player in Amare.

I hope he leaves for his own good. People make the $30m seem like a big deal, but he can surely make a good chunk of it back in endorsements (especially if he goes to somewhere like LA).

He would be a perfect fit playing with LeBron or on the Spurs. I have a feeling that LBJ might have a hand in bringing Melo into Miami to replace DWade.
Melo coming to Miami would be very interestin and it could work because of how willing of a passer LBJ is. Melo could finally win a ring, too.

- Firdaus
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2013, 06:35
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
A more likely scenario is Melo staying in New York his home sweet home.

And a guy like Kyrie Irving potentially leaving Cleveland for a bigger market like New York.

I think even then it would be a little too late as the other teams with superior management should be able to handle them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in