NBA Preseason 2013 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:26 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
NBA Preseason 2013

Preseason starts in Saturday.

I doubt I bother with other matches but NBA vs Euroleague matchups seem interesting. Thunder @ Ülker on Saturday and Sixers @ Bilbao Basket on Sunday. Also two European teams CSKA Moscow and Maccabi Haifa will tour America. (CSKA meets Wolves and Spurs and Maccabi Haifa meets Suns, Pistons and Grizzlies).

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2013, 17:09
International

I'm just excited to see Rose back this Saturday.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2013, 11:04 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Thunder beat Ülker quite comfortably. First half was equal but in the 2nd Ülker seemed to be afraid of Thunder's rim protecting ability and started to chuck from the perimeter. They were completely out-rebounded as well (52-27). Thunder's rookies Steven Adams and Andre Roberson both looked good. Adams moves very well on the court for such a big man and seemed to have a good aggressive attitude as well even though it got him to foul trouble quickly.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2013, 12:07 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Amazingly, Sixers almost managed to lose to a Eurocup team Bilbao Basket (only 6th in Spanish league last season and ranked 18th in Europe overall). They have a 104-95 lead with 1.45 to go but then let the Basque team to score 9 in a row, the last three coming from fouling Bilbao's center on a 3pt attempt who then scores all the free throws. And then, with 6 seconds to go, Bilbao loses the game thanks to a coaching error when their Lithuanian center Kavaliauskas deliberately fouls Spencer Hawes thinking they have one more foul to give. But Hawes is sent to the line and calmly scores both, winning the game 106-104.

The NBA announcers were pretty clueless, waxing lyrical about the "beautiful Spanish city" and not once mentioning Bilbao is situated in a Basque country. One of them also repeatedly pronounced it "Bilbo".

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2013, 14:53 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

CSKA beats Wolves in Minnesota after a tight game in overtime 108-106 (although it must be noted that Wolves biggest stars were kept on the bench on 4th q and OT).

Maccabi Haifa blown away as expected by Suns in phoenix 89-130. No idea why they of all clubs were selected to play 3 exhibition games in USA (last year they played 2 as well). They're an Eurocup team which wasn't even ranked among the top 40 European clubs last season. There's zero chance they could prove any match to an NBA side. But maybe that's supposed to be the point...

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 12:04
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Miami heat 3 - 0 in pre-season, but the only intresting story is that Michael Beasley is playing fantastic game. I am starting to think, he can be candidate for sixth man of the year award if he keeps this up.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2015, 12:50 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

ok, must've happened in some parallel dimension...i really don't get these new generation spambots, what's the point of these posts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in