Minnesota Timberwolves - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2013, 21:11 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Minnesota Timberwolves

It was my favourite team last season because of all the white/international players. Unfortunately they lost Kirilenko. But at the same time they got Kevin Martin.

Of course they will not achieve a lot this season but if their key players steer clear of injuries they should make it to the playoffs at least. :thmbup:

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2013, 04:27
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
I really do like to see them make the playoffs. Again though like you said, their success at the moment is contingent on not getting any nasty injuries. Even with the loss of Kirilenko, I think the team is not too bad. Still pretty deep.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2013, 14:44
International

If they stay clear of injuries and if Kevin Love is as good as most people think he is then they surely have to make the playoffs. Big season for the T'Wolves and Love.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2013, 14:50 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Budinger already out injured for 6-8 weeks alm:

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2013, 22:47
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
Budinger already out injured for 6-8 weeks alm:
See, it has already started
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2013, 14:49 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

So Wolves manages to lose to CSKA Moscow in an exhibition game in Minnesota (106-108 OT). Only the 2nd ever loss by an NBA club to an European team on U.S. soil (first was CSKA vs Cavs in 2010).

CSKA led by 18 pts in 2nd quarter thanks to much smarter combination play resulting in great FG% but then Adelman sent on the big guns Love, Pekovic and Rubio again and Wolves cuts the lead to 50-53 by halftime. Adelman struck to his promise and gave a lot of playing time to guys fighting for a place in the roster in 4th quarter and overtime (Jeffers, Price, Hummel).

Shabazz looked horrible in this limited playing time he got, BTW.

post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:16 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Beautiful, near perfect performance vs the Thunder, absolutely obliterating them. 20 pts lead by the end of 1st half, 28 pts lead by the end of 3rd quarter. Durant kept on 13 points only and was defended so well he could take only 11 shots in the entire match. Rubio made some beautiful, Maravich-quality assists and Love+Pekovic ruling the glass. Williams bringing lots of intensity on the court as well and throwing down some nice dunks.

Wolves looking like a playoff contender for sure. :thmbup:

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:20
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
They sure as hell look good. Last year injuries ruined their season. I got them making playoffs too.

One thing I am thinking here, Kevin Durant is engaged to Monica Wright who plays for Minesotta Lynx in WNBA...
I am just wondering the possibility of durant going to t-wolves. it would make scary trio of rubio - durant - love ...
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2013, 14:27
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
There is no way OKC would trade Durant. And I don't think Kevin Love will stay in Minnesota after 2015. He can't wait to flip the bird to the owner and move to LA.

And who in their right mind would voluntarily give up on big markets like New York, Brooklyn, LA, Miami and Chicago to goto ****ing Minnesota.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabťu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piquť 82'
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2013, 15:54
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
No one is going to Minnesota unless they're forced to.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2013, 19:16 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

if you'd add Durant to this team it would be a title contender for sure...not likely to happen of course.

OKC's draft pick Steven Adams looked pretty good btw, wouldn't be surprised if he's going to overtake Perkins as a starter soon and turn out to be one of the best players of this draft class.

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2013, 12:33 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Yet another nice win for the Wolves vs NY Knicks.

They absolutely destroyed Knicks in the 1st quarter...40-19 with lots of easy baskets from fast breaks. After holding the lead on 15-20 points for most of the match Minnesota almost managed to throw it away in the final quarter when Carmelo started to hit shots while Rubio went full retard and wasted many possessions on the other end. Knicks was only down 98-100 at some point. But some key shots by Love and Martin (who was in stellar shooting form throughout the game) saved the win for Wolves.

post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2013, 12:52
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
I feel like adelman is turning the wolves similar to 2000 kings.I loved that kings team, robbed of a title in 2002 !
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2013, 13:15
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Question with Wolves will be if they can stay healthy and play defense. They are a below average defensive team.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabťu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piquť 82'
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2013, 10:51 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Narrow one point loss to the Cavs. It was pretty strange they even came back to make it so close as they were down over 20 points in 3rd quarter. Cavs played good defense and kept Love in check. Poor shooting day for Wolves as well.

Cavs is one of my favourite teams too and they have lots of potential but they're very inconsistent...adding Bynum has helped them a lot and now they can beat any team on a good day but you never know which kind of performance you'll see from them on any given night. Irving has been struggling at the start of the season so far and vs the Wolves he had 9 turnovers.

Draft 1st pick Bennett fails to hit a field goal once again for 4th game in a row.

post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2013, 14:37
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
I am also one of the guys who like the Wolves.

A pretty solid team, but still lacking a piece or two to make a serious run. Love is a beast statistically.

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2013, 22:23 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

He's just a really really smart and effective player who knows how to get the absolute best out of his relatively limited athletic ability...I can't really get the guys who underrate him. OK he's not as great of a defender as many other star bigs in the NBA but definitely an extremely valuable asset for any team to have. One thing I really like about him are his great outlet passes...Wolves has already gotten a fair amount of fast break points this season thanks to this.

post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2013, 22:46 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Ricky Rubio triple-double sees the T-Wolves comfortably beat Lakers...Love with a standard 25/13 night :thmbup:

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2013, 12:29 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

loss to the Clippers who hit Minnesota with lots of fast break points...CP3 decided the game by scoring 16 of his 20 points in the final quarter. Rubio was pretty bad...Love almost had a triple-double but didn't hit shots well. Pekovic, however, was excellent in the offensive end.

post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2013, 13:27 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Derrick Williams will be traded to Kings for Mbah a Moute...so ends the disappointing career of #2 draft pick of 2011 in Minnesota.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in