Paul 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2013, 10:43 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Russell Westbrook vs Kyrie Irving vs Chris Paul

Who's the best player? Who would you prefer for your team?

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2013, 10:55
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Probably Kyrie, but right now I'm on a bit of a Kyrie high. CP3 is probably the best out of them right now. But Kyrie is x10 more fun.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2013, 12:24 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yes, he's definitely the most fun out of these 3 to watch...but I'm not asking about this.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2013, 13:09
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Ofcourse CP3 is the best right now. It's not even close, really - all due respect to both these guys.

I'm waiting for Kyrie to have a substantial defensive improvement first and foremost - but also better PG play which I think he has but doesn't always show

But with hard work he can reach and maybe surpass CP3. He has his clutch gene, and he's simply an offensive juggernaut.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2013, 13:43 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

might be hard for him to ever reach the level of CP3...for it he should improve his defense by leaps and bounds.

As for his assist making ability, given the lack of talent in Cavs roster it comes as a no surprise that he makes quite a lot of marginal value offensive plays himself instead of going for a pass. Last season whenever I watched Cavs play I wasn't surprised by Kyrie's low assists numbers because he was surrounded by players like Gee and Zeller who didn't want to take responsibility in offense and never showed good productivity.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2013, 14:43
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
john wall....he is the better passer n defender than all(cp3 is good but wall has a lebron james type of game)...wall will prove my point in 2014. Ivving is an exciting dribbler. He is going to be fun to watch but wall is a pure pg...mvp kinda player.

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2013, 14:49
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Paul is the most established, But I like westbrook the most of 3.
He reminds me of allen iverson. And this year his impact on OKC was well seen, once he went down injured OKC suffered in the playoffs.If he actually went down before playoffs started, I doubt OKC would have gone past houston either ( 2 - 0 with westbrook, 2 - 2 without him vs houston).

Chris Paul just lacks sthg during playoffs.He assists, but he doesnt have the scoring force to carry his team when needed.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2013, 09:31
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
CP3 use to be a good defender but in recent years he's been terrible.

So Kyrie Irving has offensive technique. Sick dribbling, excellent 3 ball, poor defense. If he fixes the defense there's a lot of potential. Not to mention. He can hit the gas pedal and run full court with the toughest defenders on him and still make a deadly lay up. Not saying Chris Paul doesn't do this, but Irving's vision and decision-making is A LOT quicker.

Assuming the new generation of point guards are all 100% healthy for the next several years and all play to their potentials I have this in order of significance.

1. Derrick Rose
2. Stephen Curry
3. Damian Lillard
4. Kyrie Irving
5. Russel Westbrook

Williams and Paul are from a different generation and both used to be #1 and #2 point guards years back along with Steve Nash though Nash's defense was the most excruciating of any top tier I've ever seen in my life. It is difficult to rank a perfect order.

But Irving can definitely be #1 some day if he wants to. I saw his game at Duke and it was a no brainer for a #1 pick. The guy's technique is just amazing.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2013, 09:38
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Definitely CP3. Westbrook doesn't exactly look to pass first, Irving is still really young with plenty of improvement on defense needed to be considered up there with Paul.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2013, 09:59
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
I think westbrook is underrated because he plays with durant.But we saw this year his impact is so huge on OKC.I am willing to bet clippers go further with westbrook then paul.

Chris Paul is somewhat overrated. The reason why he doesnt go far in playoffs, is because he doesnt have the scoring firepower of lebron, westbrook, wade etc etc. He is yet to ever have a game scoring over 35 points in playoffs. Westbrook has 2 games over 40. Lebron has like 12...
Being a guard your role defensively would be less then a center or power forward. For paul to impact game more he has to score more.He just doesnt have the scoring explosivness to carry his team when needed.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2013, 12:36
International

Irving is not on Paul and Westbrook level yet. Westbrook is fantastic, but his decision making does let him down at times but I do love his aggressiveness all across the court. Paul is the best of the three and to me is the second best in this position. He is probably the best decision maker in the half court at the 1.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2013, 13:55
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pasquale View Post
I think westbrook is underrated because he plays with durant.But we saw this year his impact is so huge on OKC.I am willing to bet clippers go further with westbrook then paul.

Chris Paul is somewhat overrated. The reason why he doesnt go far in playoffs, is because he doesnt have the scoring firepower of lebron, westbrook, wade etc etc. He is yet to ever have a game scoring over 35 points in playoffs. Westbrook has 2 games over 40. Lebron has like 12...
Being a guard your role defensively would be less then a center or power forward. For paul to impact game more he has to score more.He just doesnt have the scoring explosivness to carry his team when needed.
He use to be a ridiculously amazing player in New Orleans. The potential to explode is there as he can score at will. But he needs to make more quick-based baskets rather than drain the clock, create a Michael Jordanesque shot. These are good for punishing teams. But before then you need to build up leads, then punish teams with these shot clock winding shots. If he can utilize a full-court game more so than a half-court one, he'll be an even better player.

Westbrook is arguably one of the greatest explosive scorers I've ever seen in this league. The guy doesn't give you even 1-2 seconds to breathe. He wants to release the ball quickly. If he improves his decision-making and timing on the decision-making he'll be amazing as well. I still can't believe he turned out to be as good as he is right now.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2013, 21:00
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
Right now, its easily Paul.

In the future, Irving.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in