Sacramento Kings moving to Seattle? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2013, 21:30 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Sacramento Kings moving to Seattle?

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/11/510...roup-says.html

reportedly sold to a group of Seattle investors for $525M today and moves there next season.

apparently the city of Seattle still holds the rights to Sonics name and logo so I guess it will be the return of Seattle Supersonics :thmbup: especially as Thunder doesn't give a shit about the franchise's previous history.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2013, 22:03
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
**** the Maloofs.

Sacramento got straight up robbed. I'm more sad for losing Sacramento then having Seattle.

They deserve to have a team in Sacramento more then Seattle does.

Unfortunately the Maloofs exist, and unless some billionaire has his heart set to kick in around 400-450 million dollars and keep it in Sacramento, Money talks.

David Stern can go **** himself if he fights for a franchise like the Hornets and buys them so they won't move, yet does absolutely jack shit to fight for such a loyal franchise like Sacramento.

I hope the entire thing fails and the Kings stay where they belong, Maloof-less.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2013, 13:49 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I agree it kind of sucks for them as it is the only sports team in the city. Then again I guess you could ask if the city is big enough to support their own franchise.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2013, 17:00
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Ofcourse it is.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2013, 07:11
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Thanks for being on our side Stanko/Andy. Makes me feel better to know that it's not just Sacramentans realizing we're getting robbed, thanks to the Magoofs. I hope the franchise sucks worse in Seattle, and if they move, I'll likely find a new team to root for as I wouldn't be able to bear the possible success they can achieve in a different city, while us die-hards have been waiting to see the success for a good six to seven years.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2013, 13:35
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Sacramento is a small city and was always at risk. Maybe if the Lakers didn't rob them a decade ago they probably would had some potential of surviving like another small market i.e. San Antonio.

Playoffs are very crucial for these small markets and small cities. If they don't make it they end up losing a ton of money and sooner or later they put themselves at risk as these owners are not paying players for 0 results.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2013, 16:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
A franchise moving from one city to another is one of the absurd things of American sports, at least for me, European, Italian, but I like the fact that my fav basketball NBA team can be back. :thmbup: Not that I have anything more than a soft spot for them, but I like them to be back anyway.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2013, 17:14
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Irrespective of what happens, the organization needs change. It's become a black hole right now. Change of owners, change of management etc.

The way it is run right now is an embarrassment.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2013, 17:12 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

NBA relocation committee has voted against relocation plans. There's hope for Sacramento after all?

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13150

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2013, 17:15 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Sacramento has an ex-NBA player as a mayor too...this might play a role in city's support I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in