The Sacramento Kings Official Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2012, 19:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
The Sacramento Kings Official Thread

Well, I will make an update on what has happened this summer for our team.

Additions to the Roster

On Draft night this year, there was a lot of debate on who we would select to be on our team. All that debate vanished once we found out that Thomas Robinson fell down to the fifth spot, where we were selecting. He can provide some hustle, effort, and what is most needed for our young team, leadership and great defense. It was a great pick, and many people in Sacramento love having T-Rob on our roster. In the second round of the draft, we traded our pick for cash, so we won't have the possibility of having a second-round gem this year.

We also traded a second-round pick in 2014 for forward James Johnson. He will add the depth that we needed for our front-court. We have signed point guard Aaron Brooks. He is a very good signing, someone who doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. But in order to make this move happen, we have waived Hasan Whiteside.

Summer League

Well, all eyes were (and still are) on Thomas Robinson, the fifth pick, and Jimmer Fredette, to see if he has gotten his stroke back. In the first game, we were blown out by the Bobcats but Thomas Robinson had 19 points and five rebounds. Then, we beat the Lakers in our second game, by eight points. Thomas Robinson grabbed 12 boards in that game. And finally, in our latest game, we were blown out again, but this time against the Houston Rockets. Jimmer put on a great show, scoring 30 points. meanwhile, Thomas Robinson added eight rebounds and three assists. We play the Toronto Raptors tomorrow.

What I want to see out there...

PG - Isiaih Thomas
SG - Tyreke Evans
SF - ??? (Free Agent?)
PF - Thomas Robinson
C - Demarcus Cousins

Bench -

PG - Jimmer Fredette (Key Bench Player)/Aaron Brooks
SG - Marcus Thornton (6th Man)
SF - John Salmons (Key Bench Player)/Tyler Honeycutt
PF - Chuck Hayes
C - Jason Thompson (Key Bench Player)

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2012, 23:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

We lost to the Toronto aptors yesterday 96-89. Jimmer Fredette tallied up 19 points while Thomas Robinson had a solid outing with seven points and eight rebounds. We take on the Boston Celtics at 3:30 p.m. pacific time today, so in about 20 minutes. It will be our Summer League season finale. I am hoping to see a victory today to improve our record to 2-3.

- Firdaus
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2012, 09:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Our NBA schedule has been announced, and our only "national TV" games are on NBA TV. They are as follows -

vs. Utah - November 24, 2012
@ Los Angelese - December 1, 2012
@ Portland - December 8, 2012
vs. Utah - Ferbuary 8, 2013

We kickoff the season away to the Bulls, on Octber 31st. I really hope Derrick Rose doesn't return by then (I don't even think it's possible, injury must have kept him out for longer), so we have a shot winning. The we visit Minnesota and Indiana before finally having our home opener against the Golden State Warriors, on November 5. I did notice something interesting on the schedule, the LA Lakers won't be our final opponent, something that has been normal for a long time. instead, we face the Clippers at home to end off our regular season. Also wanted to mention that we take on the Brooklyn Nets on November 18th at home, which means I'll try to buy tickets to the game just to see Teletovic in person. I will also try bringing my Bosnian flag, I am doubting it because I might be looked at throughout the whole game, and I need my privacy.

- Firdaus

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 23:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

We might rename our arena to "Sleep train Arena."

FFS I don't want to be the laughing stock of the league anymore, I want us to do good!

- Firdaus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in