Team fan vs Player fan - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2012, 21:52 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Team fan vs Player fan

One of the posters I admire is going hard on me, and pretty much am hurt.
SO I am dragging the discussion to here.Is it wrong to be a player fan than a team fan?
I am a fan of lebron , and wherever he goes its the team I support.
In the past, I used to admire AI and wherever he went thats the team I picked to support.

The question here is it wrong to be player fan then a team fan? I am not the first guy also to be player fan first then a team one...

discuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2012, 22:54
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Nothing wrong with that...You follow your instincts, not those of others.

I'm a fan of MOST chilean players in Europe and I root for their teams...When Zamorano was in Italy I wanted Inter to do real good, now I couldnt care less..actually I want Juve to win it all (As much as when Salas was there too).

Im a fan of Alexis Sanchez, but NEVER a Barca Fan...That wont happen.

Its funny, goinn back to LB....Clevelanders are coming around and embracing him again...They're finally realizing he didnt betray anyone, he's a top notch player and in Cleveland he was dead.. Many are rooting for the Heat because he is there.

I never liked the Bulls, but Jordan was my NBA idol..He still is..Nothing wrong with that.

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2012, 00:39
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Hard truth here - It's wrong to be one as much as u are, IE obsessing and doing nothing but praise him as if he's the one and only true god in literally every single post shoving it down peoples throats (as in wrong in general, not just to a sports personality) and it creates antagonizem towards you if you do as alot of people get tired of it very quickly and think it's juvenile (Personally I don't care you do and find it funny although really wierd)

But the idea of being a player fan is not wrong at all, and very understandable in todays NBA, especially for fans outside of the US who don't have any loyalty or feeling towards a specific city they live in or w/e, qand probably started liking team X cause of a specific player they liked, most times then not the star.

Some people get attached to a team as time goes on and they've been following it for years - like maybe Jefe is a Sixers fan cause of AI too, but as time went on he became a fan of the Sixers - but each to his own.. either way is fine by me personally.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.

Last edited by Stanko 05; May 5th, 2012 at 00:47.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2012, 05:26
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Agree with all the posts. Support whom you want for whatever reasons may it be.

I was born in LA County. But I'm neither a Laker nor a Clipper fan. Why do I have to be? Just because I was born here? Pshh...

Everyone has their own personal reasons for whom they support.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2012, 06:13
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
I support the Kings from watching them when I was young with my dad in their glory days. I'll always be a die-hard fan, no matter where they move to.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2012, 15:58
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
No, there is absolutely nothing wrong about support one particular player whenever he goes.

To be honest, I am half of what you are.

In football I am a huge Lazio fans and I become a Lazio fans because of Giuseppe Signori. I got attached to him and that lead be to Lazio.

The same goes with the Mavericks. Before that and in my youth, I was a fan of Hakeen Olajwuon and I would support the team he would play for.

Until Dirk and now Mavs. But I am not quite attached to the Mavs and will support them even after the Dirk-era.

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2012, 16:27
Xtratime Elite

With that in mind I hope LBJ stays in Miami for a while, otherwise I will be one lonesome soul again with Signore Pasquale gone !!!!

:dielaugh:

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 06:30 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Thank you bro

Right now we got best fans in the world. The Miami heat rulez!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 07:32
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
Premier Player

Teams: LA Galaxy, Armenian NT, USMNT
There is nothing wrong with being a team fan, as long as player fans don't act like they have been fans of said team for ages and don't attack others that have stuck through thick and thin with specific teams.

I mean, I have a bunch of favorite players in the associating (Quentin Richardson, Eric Gordon, Steve Novak, Manu Ginobili, Jrue Holiday [Saw him play HS ball, dude was awesome], Tyler Honeycutt [same as above, shot around with him too], Jordan Farmar (Valley boy), Arenas (Valley Boy), Nick Young (Valley Boy)) but anytime they play the Clippers, I hope they do horrible
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2012, 03:55
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & Spain
Its not wrong to be a player fan per se but you take it to a whole different level and it clouds your judgement regarding Lebron and other players. I mean, just in the other thread you were insinuating that Kobe is not clutch while Lebron is which is a statement that beggars belief since that is Kobe's strength and Lebron's weakness.

VIVA ESPAŃA Y HALA MADRID :fero:
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2012, 06:52 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hala Madrid View Post
Its not wrong to be a player fan per se but you take it to a whole different level and it clouds your judgement regarding Lebron and other players. I mean, just in the other thread you were insinuating that Kobe is not clutch while Lebron is which is a statement that beggars belief since that is Kobe's strength and Lebron's weakness.

Its called making a point. Which proves the bias against Lebron.

One player misses 10 clutch shots, scores 2 - 3.And you have fanboys calling him clutch and forget whatever he missed.
Lebron James misses one shot or makes a play his teammate misses it, and you have people focusing on that issue for weeks.

Just an example, last game heat vs knicks..which heat lost with wade missing last shot... lebron scored the last 6 points of the heat..
wade missed the final shot ....what did people discuss? lebron is pussy he didnt take the shot..but no one discussed wade missed the shot..
if lebron took that shot, and he missed it..they would discuss lebron is not clutch he missed the shot..but no one would mention wade being pussy in not taking it.

There is hate & bias against the guy. Go read numbers , and you see the truth

http://bbs.hupu.com/3321813.html

Last edited by Mr.Pasquale; May 10th, 2012 at 07:02.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2012, 13:43
International

Nothing wrong with it. I am similar, I don't follow a specific team, I just love watching the sport and have favourite players. I think if I lived in the States then I would just support the local team like I do in football.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2012, 23:11
Xtratime Elite

I have been and forever will be a HEAT fan...When LeBron is gone I will NEVER hold a grudge against him..He has to go where his future is better for his ideals.

While him and others bring Joy to us here in Miami we are here to have fun while fun is to be had, I dont worry much about 2morrow, 'cause I might not wake up then.

In todays capitalism, Pro Sports Players change colors faster than I change my underwear and they cannot be blamed..

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2012, 13:44
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
It's just a difference in culture. For the NBA, most people (even Americans) tend to be player fans. In football, if you support a club, you're "supposed" to support that club for life. Definitely if you live in the area. And almost definitely even if you came to that club for one player in particular.

For the NBA, you have fans of different players who like different teams all the time. Shaq fans have probably been fans of each of his teams and almost no one would hold anything against them for it. No one actually supports teams but support teams which the best players play for. So the Bulls when Jordan was there, Lakers when the rings started coming, now the Heat. Spurs in the middle too, even if Duncan wasn't Mr Charismatic.

For the NFL, in the 90's at least, everyone supported the Cowboys. Those who wanted to be cool supported the Redskins until they realized they were the Ranieri of the NFL.

Baseball, from what I know is a bit different. You just "support" whatever team's cap is cool to wear. White Sox, Oakland A's and of course the Yankees. Bonus points for being an actual fan if you can name numbers for pitchers like Nolan Ryan or big hitters like Frank Thomas. More bonus points if you know what RBI is.

No one cares about hockey since it's a Canadian sport for P.A.B's (Pussy Ass Bitches).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2012, 16:55
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
f*cking franchise faggots

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in