Chicago Bulls Official Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 05:52 Thread Starter
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Chicago Bulls Official Thread

Not the easiest year for us. Rip Hamilton's career threatening injuries have started kicking in this year. He hasn't had much games.

But with that said, the team remarkably is holding onto their top ranking in the NBA. They have also had impressive performances notably losing a close one to Miami by 2 points without second star player Deng, and defeating Miami in the rematch without their biggest star Derrick Rose.

This leaves us wondering what will happen in the playoffs. The team still doesn't have a post player. But guys like Korver and Brewer have gotten a lot better. Korver defending a bit better and getting more assists, while Brewer is starting to score a lot more than he ever did last year and his jump shot is a lot more reliable than ever before.

Jimmy Butler is developing this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:03
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Had Derrick Rose been healthy, you guys probably would have been first seed and had an MVP in Rose. Solid front-court plus MVP material point guard. You guys should fare well in the play-offs. I think you guys will reach the Eastern Finals and lose out pretty close to the Miami Heat, 4-3 on aggregate.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:10 Thread Starter
International

Thanks. You are right. A lot of people underestimate Rose's capabilities. I haven't seen a player of his caliber since a long time. He plays in another level. What makes him even more dangerous than guys like Dirk or LeBron is the fact that he's a point guard. When the best player in the NBA or an MVP caliber player is a point guard, that gives other teams a nightmare, that's the one position you don't want to face as opponents/rivals. Its truly a nightmare what strong point guards can do; they sometimes even make bad players around them look good.

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:16
Forum Manager
International

Yeah. Elite point guards with decent size, like Rose, can pretty much do anything. Assist, shoot, rebounds, steal, etc. Add that to all his other qualities (like how he sees the entire floor and knows where everyone is and he knows their strengths, as well) and you have a superstar with MVP written all over him. Just hope he isn't injury-bugged for the rest of his career.....

- Firdaus
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:52
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
I wasnt on here last year. But on other boards, everybody gave the reason rose deserved mvp because he was behind the bulls record. They compared him to lebron cleveland ( whenever lebron missed games for cleveland they went on losing streaks).
We all know MVP isnt given to best player, but one whose influence is big.

This year that argument is out of the window.Bulls are winning games without rose, and having best record in nba without him.If rose wasnt injured, we would be having same arguments now ( which been proven false), and rose walk away with the MVP.
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 02:27 Thread Starter
International

Taj Gibson is definitely a dispensable piece. Sometimes makes the dumbest of mistakes.
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 02:32 Thread Starter
International

If the Raptors settle for perimeter shooting, we have a chance to win this one even though we're undersized without Noah. Just need to keep working in the paint.
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:05
Forum Manager
International

Dang, just checked the score and Toronto's up by four. What's happening, atm? Are injuries hurting you guys?

- Firdaus
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:13 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
Dang, just checked the score and Toronto's up by four. What's happening, atm? Are injuries hurting you guys?
Well, Noah got ejected at the end of the 2nd quarter. So that hit the team hard since we've been playing undersized. Asik is okay but not good enough to help us pull through.

Rose might show up Monday night against Denver. He's still out.
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:16
Forum Manager
International

Ah

Isn't this the sixth game in a row Rose has missed? That is really a lot for a shortened season and can really hurt you guys... Anyways, atm:

TOR 90
CHI 86

2:20 - 4TH

- Firdaus
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:36 Thread Starter
International

Overtime. Couldn't be more proud of the Bulls. IMHO this Bulls team under Thib has more spirit than Michael Jordan era Bulls. No Rose, Noah got ejected early in the first half, no Hamilton, and already push the Raptors to overtime. Ridiculous.
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:58
Thought Criminal
Legend

Teams: Croatia
LUOL DENG!

Bulls win

post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:58 Thread Starter
International

Luol Deng just owned the Raptors in the dying second. Just ridiculous stuff by the Bulls. This is exactly what I'm talking about. This team is full of spirit. They just take it to another level. This team is ready for a dynasty. But they are still short of a player or two to began their runs. I can't wait till we get our post man. This team unlike the Jordan era Bulls, has a much superior coach.

P.S.

That move by Deng at the very end is what I'm talking about. LeBron might have the higher % when it comes to perimeter shooting, and might be athletically superior to Deng any day of the week, but one thing Deng has over James is the fundamentals. The guy is one of the finest Duke products I've ever seen especially at his position. He's always mentally tough during the most important parts of the game, if LeBron went to college, he would have developed that mental aspect of the game by now for the 4th quarters.
post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 21:51
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
Owned the Raptors? I don't know about that, I'd say Forbes cost us the game in OT missing 2 crucial FTs. Actually, we probably should have won the game earlier, but what can you do? I really don't mind, as I think it's a great loss for the tank.

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 21:59 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare View Post
Owned the Raptors? I don't know about that, I'd say Forbes cost us the game in OT missing 2 crucial FTs. Actually, we probably should have won the game earlier, but what can you do? I really don't mind, as I think it's a great loss for the tank.
Yeah but regardless. You guys did not go into the paint that much. I said earlier in the thread, if the Bulls keep playing in the paint, they have a fighting chance. Toronto kept settling for too many perimeter shots. So this cut the deficit and allowed the Bulls to climb back in.
post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 22:15
Forum Manager
International

40-10 and the Bulls are the first team in the entire NBA to lock up a play-off spot already. All of this while Derrick Rose has been missing some games. Impressive. They will probably do better than I expected they would at the beginning of the season. I felt they would reach the semi-finals of the play-offs, but now after a season like this one, I have a feeling you guys will at the least reach the Eastern Conference finals, if not go farther.

- Firdaus
post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 01:28 Thread Starter
International

We're playing the Nuggets tonight. This game can go either way. Wilson Chandler isn't game ready at all. His shots are not clicking, his passing and anticipation are piss poor. CJ Watson is having a hot hand right now and Brewer has been very useful in the 2nd half of the season ever since Hamilton has disappeared. Bulls will probably win this.
post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 01:30 Thread Starter
International

First quarter isn't even over yet...and Watson has 7 points and 4 assists already. The guy is a completely different player than last year. So is Brewer. These 2 could mean the difference for the playoffs, given Boozer is Boozer the only thing that remained the same, great in the season, shit against Miami.
post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 01:57
International

Teams: Real Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Taj Gibson is definitely a dispensable piece. Sometimes makes the dumbest of mistakes.
I disagree. He has a huge upside. He's not starting material but off the bench he's a beast.
post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 02:04
International

Teams: Real Madrid
If anybody is watching this game, you'll understand how important Rose is. In the past 10+ games, for the most part at least, the game is always close. With the exception of Orlando (only game that comes to mind for now) the Bulls are usually trailing until the dying minutes of the fourth. With Rose the Bulls would be a lot more dominant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in