Los Angeles Lakers Official Thread - Xtratime Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 05:03 Thread Starter
TTM
Legend

Los Angeles Lakers Official Thread

11-time NBA champions (16 if you count Minneapolis). This is the thread of champions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 05:46
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Kobe Bryant has been a big ball-hog this year. And it's not like he doesn't have Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum to throw it down to once in a while... Don't think they will compete for the title this year. I predict they get knocked out in the second round... Currently third in the West, despite all my negativity.

Currently beating the Trail Blazers by six with around a minute left in the fourth. Should close out the match with a win.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #3 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 05:46
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
I'm impressed with Sessions. He's a legitimate point guard. This team still lacks a proper bench. They might make the 2nd round of the playoffs, but that's as far as they'll go IMHO.

post #4 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 05:48
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
Kobe Bryant has been a big ball-hog this year. And it's not like he doesn't have Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum to throw it down to once in a while... Don't think they will compete for the title this year. I predict they get knocked out in the second round... Currently third in the West, despite all my negativity.

Currently beating the Trail Blazers by six with around a minute left in the fourth. Should close out the match with a win.
Its his stupid high school bball mentality. He hasn't grown out of it, and never will. At least they got a legitimate point guard, if not this team wouldn't get passed the first round, especially with him ball hogging it.
post #5 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 05:50
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
I agree, he used to have the one-on-one skills but now they have faded away a bit. And the bench is just alm: "Metta World Piece" (alm has lost what made him so highly valued - his great defense. And he was supposed to anchor the LA bench. ANd Odom left, there is no one to lead the team in the second unit. This is where a good draft choice could really help the Lakers, maybe they could trade up to the middle of the first round to get a decent player for their bench.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #6 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:23 Thread Starter
TTM
Legend

Lets examine the hard facts, shall we?

1. Five rings. The most of any active player (tied with D-fish).
2. Lakers in first place.
3. Lock HOFer.

I'll take the ballhog.......
post #7 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:45
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
Lets examine the hard facts, shall we?

1. Five rings. The most of any active player (tied with D-fish).
2. Lakers in first place.
3. Lock HOFer.

I'll take the ballhog.......
You don't win rings via one player. You win it as a team.

Kobe would be nothing without Shaq or Gasol and Bynum.

Don't know why people jump on his tail and bow down before him like he's some deity. We saw how the Suns KO'd the Lakers out 2x out of the playoffs when it was Kobe playing 1 vs 5 and how terrible that turned out to be.

By this silly ring analogy, Robert Horry would be a legend in your book. It doesn't change the fact that Horry is a mediocre player regardless of the 7 rings he has. He was a role player.

HOFers are not immune from making mistakes
post #8 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:48
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post

Don't know why people jump on his tail and bow down before him like he's some deity. We saw how the Suns KO'd the Lakers out 2x out of the playoffs when it was Kobe playing 1 vs 5 and how terrible that turned out to be.

By this silly ring analogy, Robert Horry would be a legend in your book. It doesn't change the fact that Horry is a mediocre player regardless of the 7 rings he has. He was a role player.

HOFers are not immune from making mistakes

Great post
post #9 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 07:23
Legend

Teams: Éver Banega
They have no scoring punch coming off the bench. I don't rate Beasley all that highly, but he would have solved some of that.
post #10 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 10:28
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Ramon Sessions starts his first game as a Laker and gets 20 points 11 assists, and I think this is the first 20-10 performance by a Laker PG since Gary Payton. Tells you about all the PG duds which is a pain to watch all these years alm:

Sessions definitely brings a smile back for fans who were used to 20-10 games by Magic during the Showtime era. More importantly, it seems like Kobe allows Ramon to run the offense, and for the past 2 games he took less than 20 shots :eekani:

PS: There is already a Lakers thread in this forum
post #11 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 16:11
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
Ramon Sessions starts his first game as a Laker and gets 20 points 11 assists, and I think this is the first 20-10 performance by a Laker PG since Gary Payton. Tells you about all the PG duds which is a pain to watch all these years alm:

Sessions definitely brings a smile back for fans who were used to 20-10 games by Magic during the Showtime era. More importantly, it seems like Kobe allows Ramon to run the offense, and for the past 2 games he took less than 20 shots :eekani:

PS: There is already a Lakers thread in this forum
He's the best performing Laker so far. If he can continue with these performances he'll be their most valuable player of the Lakers.

He's making Bynum and Gasol's work so much easier.

And I love how he puts Kobe in his place and decides when its appropriate to pass the ball to him, when its NOT.

He's a great point guard. I love what I'm seeing from him. And he's being used much better than he was in Cleveland. But also he's around much better players so his assist ratio has gone up and he looks more confident in his perimeter shooting as well as a result of this.
post #12 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 16:27
Star Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Serbia
first the lakers get gasol for garbage, now they get sessions for garbage. hahahaha
post #13 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 16:47
Legend

Teams: Los Merengues, La Furia Roja, Teem Melli
All this talk about Kobe being a ball-hog is non-sense.

sup
post #14 of 467 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 18:45 Thread Starter
TTM
Legend

Lol....Robert Horry was a great 6th man and one of the best clutch shooters I've ever seen. Mediocre? Hardly.

Listen, I understand the Kobe hate. The dude is a fantastic player and has an attitude. That certainly doesn't endear one to the masses. The bottom line is he has been the best player in his last two championships and the second best in his first three.

Mr. P, while LBJ is spinning you around his nuts, count how many rings he has.

Just ****ing with you bro.....

Last edited by TTM; March 24th, 2012 at 23:21. Reason: spelling
post #15 of 467 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 02:00
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
Lol....Robert Horry was a great 6th man and one of the best clutch shooters I've ever seen. Mediocre? Hardly.

Listen, I understand the Kobe hate. The dude is a fantastic player and has an attitude. That certainly doesn't endear one to the masses. The bottom line is he has been the best player in his last two championships and the second best in his first three.

Mr. P, while LBJ is spinning you around his nuts, count how many rings he has.

Just ****ing with you bro.....
I personally dislike both players. But there's something I definitely notice between Kobe and LeBron in terms of differences.

Kobe is a ballhog, however, when it comes to clutch time, he will make the right decision when the team is down to the last possession. Whether this is a crazy pass to an open shooter, a good look, or a clear drive. He'll realize what decision to make at that appropriate moment.

LeBron is the EXACT opposite. He's not a selfish player, he's willing to look for assists and implement the entire team. However he's got the problem the other way around. During clutch time, he makes the wrong decision. If he's suppose to pass, he'll shoot it, if he's suppose to shoot it, he'll pass.

Interesting the differences between these 2.
post #16 of 467 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 05:04
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
The Lakers can't buy a basket tonight despite getting tonnes of open looks. Shocking alm:
post #17 of 467 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 05:24 Thread Starter
TTM
Legend

They went on a 15-0 run to take the lead but memphis is back on top by 7
post #18 of 467 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 06:05
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringsallyup View Post
first the lakers get gasol for garbage, now they get sessions for garbage. hahahaha
Byron Scott helped them out (ex-Laker).

The Lakers will look a lot better next year. I'm sure they will get a better bench. They'll probably have a new bench by next year if they want to ensure their hopes of a title.
post #19 of 467 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 09:12
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post

Yeah and the Dallas Mavericks from last year are the best example to support this view of yours.

Until they found the chemistry and became a real team they couldn`t win it all.

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #20 of 467 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 16:31 Thread Starter
TTM
Legend

The Lake Show looked a bit tired yesterday. Pau and Kobe were pretty frustrated overall. Sessions, Bynum, and MWP had reasonable games but Pau and Kobe weren't on at all. The bench sucked big time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in