LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #461 of 467 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2019, 02:47
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
No I'm not dreaming and here's why. Various scenarios of Lakers cap situation:

If trade happens on July 6: 23M cap space if AD takes his trade kicker
If trade happens on July 6: 27M cap space if AD waives his trade kicker
If trade happens after July 30: 32.5M cap space regardless if AD takes or waive his trade kicker.

To have a max salary room available to sign Kawhi, the trade for AD has to happen after July 30th. A max deal for Kawhi is financially possible, but whether Pelinka can pull it off is another story. His legacy as a GM very much hinges on this.

And don't believe all the BS Woj is sprewing. He is a mouthpiece of Boston which makes him an obvious Laker hater. The only trustworthy news from him are his draft selections on draft nights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #462 of 467 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2019, 02:50
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Why would Pelicans wait for the trade to happen after 30th July? The draft is this thursday, and they are likely trading that 4th pick, aka whoever drafts that pick they trade for, will want to have their draft player in their summer league program early mid July.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #463 of 467 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2019, 02:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
The key here is whether if the Pelicans can trade the #4 pick on draft night. If they can't, they'll have to sign him to a contract then trade him only after July 30th due to 30-day no trade clause for drafted players. See Andrew Wiggins when he was drafted by Cleveland but only traded to Minny after playing for Cleveland in the Summer League.

post #464 of 467 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2019, 03:33
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Yes but Wiggins was traded WELL after draft, Lebron signed late to Clevelands (around august), not in June, so essentially the trade for Love and Wiggins had to happen well after he was drafted. Now there is no face to the 4th pick, its just a pick Pelicans can use or most likely WILL trade to someone else if they arent into adding another young core player if they dont like anyone outside Ja Morant and Barret they will miss out on.

Its EXTREMELY likely they will trade this pick for sure. It accelerates things for this AD trade most likely.

I hope it didnt tho, I'm Timberwolves fan, but I wanna see AD team with another star to see how far this team can go, and if Pelinka has the chops to fill out the roster with bare minimums.

But I know one thing, Kawhi Leonard is NOT coming to Lakers.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #465 of 467 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 03:17
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
No I'm not dreaming and here's why. Various scenarios of Lakers cap situation:

If trade happens on July 6: 23M cap space if AD takes his trade kicker
If trade happens on July 6: 27M cap space if AD waives his trade kicker
If trade happens after July 30: 32.5M cap space regardless if AD takes or waive his trade kicker.

To have a max salary room available to sign Kawhi, the trade for AD has to happen after July 30th. A max deal for Kawhi is financially possible, but whether Pelinka can pull it off is another story. His legacy as a GM very much hinges on this.

And don't believe all the BS Woj is sprewing. He is a mouthpiece of Boston which makes him an obvious Laker hater. The only trustworthy news from him are his draft selections on draft nights
Leonard doesn't want to be 3rd fiddle with the Lakers. He wants to have his own team, be the main guy. I'd definitely say he's heading to the Clippers.
post #466 of 467 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2019, 14:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
You called it @shiaben

Better for the NBA to not have Kawhi at the Lakers. AD and LBJ alone is frightening. But hey, got another Raptor instead (Green )

I like that McGee is back too.
shiaben likes this.
post #467 of 467 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2019, 20:56
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
You called it @shiaben

Better for the NBA to not have Kawhi at the Lakers. AD and LBJ alone is frightening. But hey, got another Raptor instead (Green )

I like that McGee is back too.
The Lakers and Clippers should make for an amazing western conference finals. I felt once the Clippers signed Leonard and George, the edge went to them. However, the Lakers responded by signing Cousins. On paper, going to have to give a slight edge to the Lakers since the Clippers are lacking in the big department. And having signed McGee earlier is still huge. Harrell is great, but he's not sufficient. Zubac is a great offensive-minded center but struggles defensively. The guy they've drafted from Florida St. is a rookie so not sure how he'll do.

OKC was eventually going to blow up its team. Now I'm curious to see where Westbrook and Adams will go.
Rodriguez likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in