Lebron James 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:53 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: AS Roma
Race to the League MVP

So this thread is for the league MVP.

Rose is out of the race, thanks to his injury & his team going on winning streaks with him missing games.
Wade is a similar case to rose( heat are 8 - 1 without wade), plus he is not even the best player on his team.
Howard, does not have the team record.He is doing well with orlando, but his team does not possess good record for this trophy.
Kobe bryant, less talk the better. He just jacks shots, his efficiency is horrible.
Westbrook, much like Wade he isnt best player on his team.

ALL this brings it down to 2 players, Kevin Durant vs Lebron James.
LBJ is the better overall player, much better playmaking abilities plus a better defender.I think this two things favor lebron over durant.
However I think it will come down to which one of westbrook or wade will hurt the chances of his teammate.

Your thoughts on this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 13:20
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
I wouldn`t exclude Kobe here!

If healthy, I would go with D. Rose this year.
I honestly don`t know - for the time being it`s 50-50 for so I won`t vote, I will wait for another 10-15 days to see what will they produce.

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 14:10 Thread Starter
World Class Player

There are two games between OKC & The heat.This could be deciders, one game is this sunday . It will be the heat @ OKC.

Kobe has no shot at it, he is actually falling in the ranking.I would say after Durant & Lebron, Howard is the leading candidate.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 17:30
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Bron got all the hype on him this year, unless KD pulls smth out of his hat this is Lebrons'

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 22:59
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
I would have to say LeBron - depends if his team finishes first in the East or not though.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 06:49 Thread Starter
World Class Player

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2011-12/index.html

Durant overtakes Lebron in the new list. And today he outperformed lebron.Durant had massive game.While Lebron was having massive game too, until the lead became 26 points and he started playing carless commiting turnovers and missed shots.

The game this sunday will be deciding factor.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 07:01
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
LeBron has the higher assist ratios. He's been playing kind of like a point forward. So I'm going to go with LeBron given his stats are a bit more efficient than Durant when you look at the overall picture.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 15:55
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
When you are talking about Most Valuable Player, it probably should go to Durant. I mean, LeBron has two other great players who can take shots in crunch-time, can feed the ball to even if he is doing well. Things an MVP should be counted one - he has others who can do the same thing. This, to me, lessens his MVP value. But obviously if we are talking about best player, it'd go to LeBron James.

And what do you guys think of Kevin Love's case for the MVP race? I personally, don't think he deserves to be in the top ten, let alone higher Chris Paul and Dirk Nowitzki. Kevin Love also has the case where he isn't doing it all (Rubio has been a factor to the Timberwolves success this year, as well). But now that Rubio is out, and the Twolves do pretty well, that could help his case quite a bit.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 20:45
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
LBJ

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 02:13
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
When you are talking about Most Valuable Player, it probably should go to Durant. I mean, LeBron has two other great players who can take shots in crunch-time, can feed the ball to even if he is doing well. Things an MVP should be counted one - he has others who can do the same thing. This, to me, lessens his MVP value. But obviously if we are talking about best player, it'd go to LeBron James.

And what do you guys think of Kevin Love's case for the MVP race? I personally, don't think he deserves to be in the top ten, let alone higher Chris Paul and Dirk Nowitzki. Kevin Love also has the case where he isn't doing it all (Rubio has been a factor to the Timberwolves success this year, as well). But now that Rubio is out, and the Twolves do pretty well, that could help his case quite a bit.
Well for MVP race you have to at the VERY LEAST make sure your team makes the playoffs. Otherwise it takes the value away from the MVP.

So Love isn't ready yet. He also needs to work hard on the defensive end of things.

As for Durant. He's great. But he needs to add more assists to his game to compete with LeBron, that's where LeBron has the advantage statistically speaking. But also Durant has Harden and Westbrook who are two amazing players. Harden can naturally start at the 2, but the reason they bring him off the bench is because the coach doesn't want to exhaust all his offensive weapons early on. He wants Harden to be active when Durant or Westbrook are resting.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 08:13 Thread Starter
World Class Player

today is everything

Lebron James vs kevin durant

League MVP on the line. This is biggest game of the season today
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 18:33
International

Actually nevermind. I totally forgot this. There is a strong opportunity for Durant to win MVP. While he probably won't win it on statistics because LeBron is better all around. Durant has one case for an MVP title more than anything, he's put Oklahoma as the #1 team in the Western Conference. That right there might grant him the award.
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 18:57
International

Teams: Real Madrid
But he's so shit defensively. LBJ is doing the work both ends of the court. #1 in Western Conference means shit. They have similar records. I'm not even a LBJ fan, I'd rather give it to the White Mamba.. but Durant getting MVP is ridiculous.
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 19:49
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridi19 View Post
But he's so shit defensively. LBJ is doing the work both ends of the court. #1 in Western Conference means shit. They have similar records. I'm not even a LBJ fan, I'd rather give it to the White Mamba.. but Durant getting MVP is ridiculous.
That's how I felt as well. Especially because of the short assist numbers and his mediocre defending.

Does anyone know if the NBA makes a bigger deal out of rankings or stats?

Last edited by shiaben; March 25th, 2012 at 19:56.
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 21:43
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm sorry but saying Durant is shit defensively is ridiculous.

He's not DPOY, but he's improoved alot overtime and became a rather good or even a bit more then good defender, and numbers back this up aswell.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 22:01
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
I'm sorry but saying Durant is shit defensively is ridiculous.

He's not DPOY, but he's improoved alot overtime and became a rather good or even a bit more then good defender, and numbers back this up aswell.
He's still average. Not above average level quite yet.

He's still learning. I hope he gets better though.

He'll need it in order to avoid trading shots back and forth with the league's best 3s.
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 22:50
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Via @ESPNStatsInfo, Durant leads the league in opponent FG% as an on-ball defender at 38.7 pct.

And all across the board his advanced numbers defensviely are alot more then average - he also has a career best 101 defensive rating this year - and in normal numbers he's hit career highs in blocks, steals and rebounds with 1.2 blocks, 1.5 steals and 8.1 rebounds on the season.

post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 23:11
International

I see. That's good to hear. He'll need it, especially tonight against James. I expect the Thunder to defeat the Heat tonight. Westbrook should create problems given they can't guard Durant, Westbrook, and Harden at the same time. Don't think Chalmers will be able keep up defensively.
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 09:19
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I hope if you guys saw his defence yesterday it will put this conversation about him being shit or average defensively to rest.

I can't remember more then 2-3 times where he really got scored on - he played outstanding defence on both Lebron and Wade whenever he was on them, stellar performence.

In general last night was a huge step forward for Durant's claim in becoming an MVP, last night was truly an MVP performence.

post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 09:32 Thread Starter
World Class Player

right now the choice is kevin durant.This was part 1 of the battle.
Now there will be part 2 of the battle in 11 days, this time heat will have home court advantage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in