The Sacramento Kings Official Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2012, 23:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
The Sacramento Kings Official Thread

So, we are currently with a record of 17-29 on the year. We have recently showed some signs of great improvement, and that is always nice to see from a young team (on average we are the youngest in the NBA). We are on a three-game winning streak with pretty much all matches finishing with a 10-point margin or above in favor (vs. Celtics, won by 25/vs. Timberwolves, won by 15/vs. Grizzlies, won by 9). And two of three of those matches were won against two recent play-off teams, and the other was against a team just below .500. Very good improvement recently, all without Tyreke Evans.

Up next, we face the Utah Jazz tonight. We lost by one to them in Utah and beat them at home in the other match. If we play like we have in our last few matches, we should have no trouble in this one. I predict a 5-10 point win for us.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

What do you guys think of Isaiah Thomas' case for Rookie of the Year? I mean, he obviously will lose out to Kyrie Irving, but I think that he could at least get runner up. He has made a big impact, probably more than any other rookie (beside Iriving, once again). Plus, he was highly underrated coming into the draft and barely made the NBA getting picked last. Here are his stats for this year:

10.1 ppg
2.3 rpg
3.4 apg

And remember, those stats include garbage time games where he barely played at the beginning of the year. For his height, he is aggressive and can grab big boards. He is a rookie but looks like a veteran at times on the floor. He can set up others and gets his own shot when needed. Just a solid player overall, where you can't find many flaws in his game. Another great pick from Geoff Petrie.

- Firdaus
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:26
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
He's not a rookie of a year, but he's definitely made his place in the top 8-10 rookies for the season, which is still a compliment. While I'm not sure if he's the future point guard of the Kings, he was still an amazing draft and it really goes to show you how the Kings draft well even if they have low 2nd round picks, they make the most out of them, unlike the Fakers.

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
He's not a rookie of a year, but he's definitely made his place in the top 8-10 rookies for the season, which is still a compliment. While I'm not sure if he's the future point guard of the Kings, he was still an amazing draft and it really goes to show you how the Kings draft well even if they have low 2nd round picks, they make the most out of them, unlike the Fakers.
Yeah, he just controls the team so well. He is definitely our best option if we are looking towards having a pure point guard in the future. Anyways, my ideal line-up and bench pecking order:

PG - Thomas (rookie ; mature for his age)
SG - Evans (just got back from injury ; played great against Memphis)
SF - Thornton (shooting lights out lately ; key player)
PF - Thompson (has been a beast lately ; rebounding machine)
C - Demarcus Cousins (best player on the team ; double-double monster)

BENCH:

John Salmons
Jimmer Fredette
Chuck Hayes
Francsico Garcia
Terrence Williams
Hassan Whiteside
Tyler Honeycutt

- Firdaus
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:46
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
Up next, we face the Utah Jazz tonight. We lost by one to them in Utah and beat them at home in the other match. If we play like we have in our last few matches, we should have no trouble in this one. I predict a 5-10 point win for us.

just watched the highlights.
Jazz was leading throughout the game but Sac managed to take the least late on the match. Thornton with some crazy baskets and you were too unlucky as Jefferson tapped that in with less than a second to go.

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 23:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Yeah, we lost by one point last night. We were doing good and staying close and everything up until the second quarter. Things fell apart there. Demarcus Cousins and Marcus Thornton were both having terrible first halves (but proved to be very useful in the second half). Tyreke was doing great as well as Thomas. We caught up in the fourth quarter. Cousins had his jumper going and Thornton hit some clutch shots at the end. We were up by one, Devin Harris airs the possible game-tying shot and like Amir said, Al Jefferson tipped it in with 0.9 left to go. Had Harris bricked it we probably would have won. And we missed a lot of free throws in the fourth quarter (I think it was around five) and that cost us the game. Not bad though, and we are playing really well lately and I hope we keep it up.

At least this loss satisfied Stanko. p

- Firdaus
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 01:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

So with the loss to the jazz last night, we have ended our nine-game home stand, longest in our history of the franchise (went 5-4 ; should have been 6-3). We head off to Oakland to play the Golden State Warriors. The season series is 1-1 so far. With Monta Ellis gone to Milwuakee, and Stephen Curry injured, we should pick up a solid, yet close, victory tomorrow. Terrence Williams will probably suit up for the first time in purple, and he is on a 10-day contract with us.

- Firdaus
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 04:12
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
I hate that guy Salmons. You guys are right, this guy is garbage. Not worth the sign. I hope you guys get a point guard soon and a small forward. It would be nice if Honeycutt can turnout to be a good small forward as well.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 11:05
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post

At least this loss satisfied Stanko. p
Yes it did, just keep loosing. it's for your own good, i'm tellin u.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

The Kings game begins in a couple of minutes... We are the second-worst road team (Charlotte is the worst in the NBA) with a record of 4-20... alm: But this does mean we are 13-10 at home. Anyways, I have a feeling we will improve that horrendous record to 5-20 in our series finale with our Pacific division rivals, the Golden State Warriors.

- Firdaus
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 04:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Anyone have a stream to the Kings game?

And maybe we could create a thread where you ask for a stream for your team when you need it.

- Firdaus
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 04:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

HT -

SAC 51
GSW 62

Pretty poor half on part, tbh. Very bad defense, obviously and Klay Thompson has been stroking today (no surprise, though). A bright spot is that we are leading on the boards (25-23) even without Jason Thompson out due to injury. Demarcus Cousins has had a solid game as well, scoring 16 points so far along with 9 rebounds - pretty much a double-double in the first half. :eekani: We have had bad perimeter defense (Klay is 7-for-10 for example) leading to our double-digit deficit. Really hoping for a better second half than this, kind of like the Utah game the other night.

- Firdaus
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 05:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

END 3RD -

SAC 88
GSW 89

High scoring game, and we have caughten up. Great third quarter. Tyreke, John Salmons, Demarcus Cousins, and Isaiah Thomas all have had great game so far (although Evans has had limited playing time because of foul trouble). We have gotten some defense going and our offense has really been great in the second half. Should be a fun fourth quarter.

- Firdaus
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 06:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Just speechless... The worst ending to an NBA game EVER. We lost by three. I fyou want, google the ending to the game, not in the mood to explain it.... :irritate:

- Firdaus
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 08:52
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
If you could repeat this type game 20 orso more times, i'd be a happy man.

Demarcus dominating, close game, Kings loose - that's like the perfect outcome for you guys, you should go celebrate Sac

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2012, 02:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Next on the schedule are the San Antonio Spurs. We play them on March 28, and at home this time. When we played them away, we beat them by two (it was our first win in San Antonio since like 2005 or something like that). Hoping for a similar result this time around, especially because we are a much better home team than away, obviously.

- Firdaus
post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 02:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

My bad guys, we actually are playing at Houston tonight before the game against the Spurs. Currently beating them by one at the end of the third quarter. Cousins with 22 points and 9 rebounds. Thornton has 21 points. Evans has 8 points, 5 assists, and 6 steals.

- Firdaus
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 03:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

END OF REGULATION -

SAC 99
HOU 99

Good job closing out and not letting the Rockets take the lead. Got a good chance to win at the end but Thornton missed the shot. Either way, overtime now. C'mon KINGS!!!!!

- Firdaus
post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 04:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

FT -

SAC 106
HOU 113

Would have been closer had we not done the excessive fouling at the end... Nonetheless, terrible loss for us. We were leading the whole time, pretty much, and had a double-digit lead until things turned bad in the fourth quarter. Then the overtime was very, we let Houston get away early on. Missing Thompson hurt us today, as well. We should easily have been on a six game winning streak right now (lost by one v. UTAH, lost by three v. GSW, and lost by seven v. HOU but we were leading pretty much the whole way)... Versus San Antonio in our next match.

- Firdaus
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2012, 08:39
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
What stats from De Marcus Cousins - this dude has potential to pimp D12

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in