NBA Draft Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2012, 22:16 Thread Starter
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
NBA Draft Thread

This thread is pretty straightforward. Talk about anything relating to the upcoming 2012 draft and future drafts as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2012, 22:50
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
Is it true that the Cavs have 4 draft picks this summer?

If true, this is huge for them.

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2012, 22:57
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Yeah they do. One of them came due to the Omri/pick - Hickson trade (terrible decision on our part and great from them). They got a pick from there and we have waived Hickson. alm: So they can use our pick if we win the lottery, if not they can use it in future years.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2012, 23:07 Thread Starter
International

Yes they do have 4. Read it in some articles like a week back.

They better not screw this up.

This draft is going to be one of the most unpredictable ones to date. There are guys that are potential studs and duds. Many of them.

There are guys that could potentially be more valuable than Anthony Davis.

That's how scary this draft is. You're not going to know wth you're about to get. It's not as straightforward as the previous years.

Most of the prospects this year are unfamiliar and unknown. So Cleveland better have scouts ready and looking carefully and think very critically for each decision. You never know you might pick up someone as valuable as Isiah Thomas in the late 2nd round. There's always going to be hidden gems in these drafts. Just have to pay attention.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2012, 23:10
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
Well, if I was the Cavs management, I would trade 2 picks for already proven players and draft 2 new ones.

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2012, 23:11
Forum Manager
International

The good thing for the Cavaliers is that they have a cornerstone already in Kyrie Irving. If they can just get two pieces to fit him and maybe Anthony Davis or another star from this draft, they would be a REAL dangerous team. They could also use the fourth pic for a trading piece. They better hope their GM knows how to draft the right players (just like Geoff Petrie has proved he can do and will do in the future again ), and if they screw up, things might be as bright as they potentially could.

By the way, shiaben, Isaiah Thomas wasn't just a late second round pick, he was the last pick in the entire NBA draft. He has definitely played better than Jimmer Fredette has, thus far, that is for sure. Just had to mention that. p

- Firdaus
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 00:47
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
How good are those picks that they have? Besides there own of course. Is the Sac pick protected at all?

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 01:31
Forum Manager
International

Yeah the pick is protected but the prtection decreases by one pick each year (starting from #14 down) after this one.

- Firdaus
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:30
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
Yeah they do. One of them came due to the Omri/pick - Hickson trade (terrible decision on our part and great from them). They got a pick from there and we have waived Hickson. alm: So they can use our pick if we win the lottery, if not they can use it in future years.
You just need to make the lottary, so basically they have no chance to see that draft pick this year - they'll prolly get a mid-late teens pick next year if you guys starting putting it together and reach the playoffs.

Cavs problem is Kyrie is too good for thier own good this season, he keeps them and wins them meaningless games they shouldn't win.

On one part it's good cause he shows how good he is being maybe a future superstar - on the other hand this team needs more pieces to help him actually making them a contender down the line.

And like most teams in the smaller markets that comes 70% of the time through the draft as no bigname will want to come to Cleveland - so for thier sake they need to get down to the top 5-7 picks in the draft to find that complementery piece.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:36
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

And they don't have 4 picks they have 3 - and considering the Kings are not gonna make the playoffs they got 2 :

Their own, and the Lakers pick(who'll be in the mid-late 20s anyways)

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 05:20 Thread Starter
International

If Cody Zeller were entering the draft as a freshman, he'd be my #1 pick. The guy is very fundamental and much superior to his stupid older brother. I know I've said this a lot lol but he's very good. Interesting to see how many years he stays at Indiana.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 16:20
Forum Manager
International

Seems Austin Rivers has decided to test the waters and enter the NBA Draft this year. If I was him I would have stayed at Duke at least one more year. What do you guys think atm, mid-first round to a late-lottery pick?

- Firdaus
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2012, 20:40
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
Watched some of Barnes for the first time in last nite's game. Wasn't too impressed...

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 02:17 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Seems Austin Rivers has decided to test the waters and enter the NBA Draft this year. If I was him I would have stayed at Duke at least one more year. What do you guys think atm, mid-first round to a late-lottery pick?
Agree 100%. The guy isn't developed yet. He's been extremely sloppy from beginning of the season to the end of the season.

He dribbles on his feet, some of his drives are Jeremy Linesque where it goes nowhere, and he makes a lot of dumb mistakes. Sometimes puts up tough shots for no freaking reason at all when its not necessary.

My list of complaints about him can go on. But since he's made his decision, late first round at the very most. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics try to obtain him somehow lol since Doc would be the only person willing to probably take him or some desperate team.

It will take him at least 2-3 years in the NBA to properly develop because he looks totally lost and clueless.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 02:18 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare View Post
Watched some of Barnes for the first time in last nite's game. Wasn't too impressed...
He makes a lot of stupid mistakes as well. The only reason he's high on the list is because of his technique. But if he wants progress in the NBA, he'll need a very good coach to develop him and straighten him out. The same for Austin Rivers.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:10
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Agree 100%. The guy isn't developed yet. He's been extremely sloppy from beginning of the season to the end of the season.

He dribbles on his feet, some of his drives are Jeremy Linesque where it goes nowhere, and he makes a lot of dumb mistakes. Sometimes puts up tough shots for no freaking reason at all when its not necessary.

My list of complaints about him can go on. But since he's made his decision, late first round at the very most. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics try to obtain him somehow lol since Doc would be the only person willing to probably take him or some desperate team.

It will take him at least 2-3 years in the NBA to properly develop because he looks totally lost and clueless.
Yeah, he just isn't NBA-ready in a lot of different ways. And I could see the Celtics drafting him but in my opinion, it would be a very bad move. Rondo who is their best player at the position so Rivers wouldn't get a lot of time and chances to develop. If his dad lets him play a lot, that might hurt the team. Rajon Rondo isn't really a veteran so Austin Rivers probably wouldn't look towards him too much for advice... Just a bad situation overall. I honestly think if he goes to the Heat, in 2-3 years he could be their starter and be a really nice pickup for them. All depends on who is willing to take him...

- Firdaus
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:16 Thread Starter
International

He's a shooting guard though.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:18
Forum Manager
International

But at times he tends to think he is a point and takes over the offense. That's what I meant, my bad.

- Firdaus
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 03:56 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
But at times he tends to think he is a point and takes over the offense. That's what I meant, my bad.
Nah its all good. He was a bit silly before playing for Duke. He said he can play either position. So when I first heard him say this, I got excited. Then when I actually watched his season at Duke. The guy is nothing close to a point guard, nor is he close to a combo guard (someone who can play both the 1 and the 2).

If Boston, Miami, or whomever happens to get him, they should probably develop him as a shooting guard. His passing IMHO is also mediocre.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2012, 08:58
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I love Rivers attitude and demeaner, and I also like his potential down the line - his first step and drive to the basket is something you just cannot teach and is elite even in NBA standards, and he got that killer scoring attitude that not alot of people have.

But this kid is just not ready - that much was obvious from the get-go... terrible decision imo to declare right now, he needs another year and maybe even 2 before he goes out so he can work on his game and develop himself.

Barnes got exposed BIGTIME without Marshall to set him up - this cat can't even take college players off the dribble, what's gonna happen in the NBA?

He practically stepped in place for a whole year, no major improovments at all from last year.. his shot is good but not great, his only other offensive weapon other then the spot up shooting is that 1 dribble pull-up from the midrange - and he just doesn't show any ability to slash, penetrate, nothing - with his physical superiority he should be ALOT more dominating.

His best case scenario imo is Luol Deng type of player - a 3rd wheel super-role-player to a contending team... no way he becomes a star in this league tho, I just don't see it.. the hype on him from highschool as been too big and it starts to fade out.

Last edited by Stanko 05; March 25th, 2012 at 09:10.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in