Put all your NBA related stuff in here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2011, 11:14
Laziale, Independent
International

Teams: Lazio; M.City; ALB
I am a huge Dallas Mavericks fan.

Anyone else a Mavs fan or following NBA in general?

Lazio midfield 1999: ** Nedved - Veron - Simeone - Conceicao

Lazio midfield, 13.12.2009: ** Kolarov - Firmani - Del Nero - Lichtsteiner
post #3 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2011, 18:42
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
Dallas no, although I'll cheer for them now that they signed Stojakovic.

I'm a Raptors fan, which is embarrassing, but gotta support the 'local' team. Anyways, I think this year either the Spurs or Celtics will win the Championship. I truly hope one of those 2 win too instead of Miami or LA.

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA

post #4 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2011, 23:51
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Mmmmmmmm The HEAT RULESZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Styg and his frikken pea mind brain !!!!!!!!!!

Mare...go kiss my GRITS !!!!!!and of course..keep cheering for those LOSERS !!!!!!!

Chairman of the BORED !!!!!& MASTER BAITER

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #5 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2011, 08:37
Laziale, Independent
International

Cleveland Cavaliers have lost 25 consecutive games, thus breaking the previous record held by another team of the league!

And all this a season LeBron James left them.

post #6 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2011, 12:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
When are Chicago Bulls going to be great again?

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #7 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2011, 13:34
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal
Possibly very soon if they can get their players all healthy at once. I'm a Suns fan but they likely going nowhere for years. Trade Nash back your Mavs? or that unsettling the deep roster you guys have.

formerly known as Perry Groves
post #8 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2011, 19:36
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
When are Chicago Bulls going to be great again?
I think they'll be a dark-horse this year in the playoffs. Still think it's a little early to call them contenders, but they are on their way. With a big trade, they could go over the hump.

The Bulls are doing well right now and their missing their starting center (Noah) who has yet to play with Boozer.

Once they get him back, they'll look even better.

ROSE / Bogans
BREWER / Watson
DENG / Korver / Johnson
BOOZER / Gibson / Scalabrine
NOAH / Thomas / Asik

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
post #9 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2011, 09:15
Laziale, Independent
International

The Bulls were hopeless only 2 years ago but with the addition of Noah and Carlos Boozer via free agency last season, they have made a significant step forward.

Their starting 5 is excellent but lack depth and fine players coming from the bench.

Their miss fortune however is that Boston, Orlando and Miami are very strong this year and if they manage to EAST semis I would say they have done well. Anything less than that would be disappointment.

post #10 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2011, 14:17
Laziale, Independent
International

Few days ago Boston beat Miami for teh 3rd time this season and experts are already tipping that there is no way Miami could eliminate Boston in a possible East final between them.

post #11 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 03:11
Turn my Fash on
International

My Bulls looking to beat the Spurs.

My principles are only those that, before the French Revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal.
― Julius Evola

post #12 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 03:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
The Bulls were hopeless only 2 years ago but with the addition of Noah and Carlos Boozer via free agency last season, they have made a significant step forward.

Their starting 5 is excellent but lack depth and fine players coming from the bench.

Their miss fortune however is that Boston, Orlando and Miami are very strong this year and if they manage to EAST semis I would say they have done well. Anything less than that would be disappointment.
Hopeless?? They gave Boston a good run for their money in the Playoffs a few years ago, maybe Rose's rookie year can't remember for sure. Noah has been there for a number of years its confusing that you included him with Boozer as an addition.

I agree that their a Semi or bust this season, their big weakness is the 2 spot. That will hurt them if they face a bad matchup.
post #13 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 03:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi van Hotspur View Post
My Bulls looking to beat the Spurs.
Rose with 42 pts tonight on 18-for-28 that's amazing shooting. and no less impressive 8 assts with only 1 turnover. I think he should be the MVP this season, would be retarded if LeBron wins it, can't distinguish who is the Most Valuable on a team with 3 superstars.

I'm a Pacers fan btw. We are on the come up, especially with our makeover after changing coaches. We outplayed the Heat twice in the last week just blew it with poor play in the last 6 min of both games. Did you see the highlights of our last game with them a few nights ago? Unbelievable stuff from Miami, especially the full court 90 ft. alley oop pass from Wade to LeBron, one of the craziest plays or passes I've ever seen in my life.
post #14 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 03:46
Turn my Fash on
International

Bulls need a shooter. Someone like Carmelo Anthony would be nice. The perfect fit would be Brandon Roy.

My principles are only those that, before the French Revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal.
― Julius Evola

post #15 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 04:03
Turn my Fash on
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
Rose with 42 pts tonight on 18-for-28 that's amazing shooting. and no less impressive 8 assts with only 1 turnover. I think he should be the MVP this season, would be retarded if LeBron wins it, can't distinguish who is the Most Valuable on a team with 3 superstars.

I'm a Pacers fan btw. We are on the come up, especially with our makeover after changing coaches. We outplayed the Heat twice in the last week just blew it with poor play in the last 6 min of both games. Did you see the highlights of our last game with them a few nights ago? Unbelievable stuff from Miami, especially the full court 90 ft. alley oop pass from Wade to LeBron, one of the craziest plays or passes I've ever seen in my life.
Reggie Miller was one of the best pure shooters of all time, but those pacer teams never had the devastating defense needed to go all the way.

― Julius Evola

post #16 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 04:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Bulls need a shooter. Someone like Carmelo Anthony would be nice. The perfect fit would be Brandon Roy.
Carmelo would be an SF, you need a SG like Roy but there's a huge risk with his knees. Very sad, he was slept on coming into the league but proved himself and is a consummate pro. Great player for sure, just what the Bulls need. Big props to the Blazers coach and front office for being as good as they are with the key injuries they've faced
post #17 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 04:10
International

Teams: Real Madrid
Rose
MVP
MVP
post #18 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 04:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Reggie Miller was one of the best pure shooters of all time, but those pacer teams never had the devastating defense needed to go all the way.
I don't know man, our defense was pretty solid. Rik Smits rebounding let us down at times. Our Cinderella run in '94 was based on Larry Brown transforming us into a defensive team. We pushed the Bulls to Game 7, gave them the toughest series they ever faced in the Jordan era in '98 ECF (one of the most epic Playoff series of all time). Pacers were always chronically overlooked, we made 16 out of 17 straight Playoff appearances from '90 to '06. It is an absolute travesty that we didn't win at least one ring during that stretch, we had excellent teams that played the right way.
post #19 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 04:12
Turn my Fash on
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
I don't know man, our defense was pretty solid. Rik Smits rebounding let us down at times. Our Cinderella run in '94 was based on Larry Brown transforming us into a defensive team. We pushed the Bulls to Game 7, gave them the toughest series they ever faced in the Jordan era in '98 ECF (one of the most epic Playoff series of all time). Pacers were always chronically overlooked, we made 16 out of 17 straight Playoff appearances from '90 to '06. It is an absolute travesty that we didn't win at least one ring during that stretch, we had excellent teams that played the right way.
I guess I'm remembering more the Jermaine O'Neal-Jalen Rose era when Reggie was on his last chance to win a ring.

― Julius Evola

post #20 of 3718 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2011, 04:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
I guess I'm remembering more the Jermaine O'Neal-Jalen Rose era when Reggie was on his last chance to win a ring.
Yea the Isiah Thomas era maybe lol what a clown

We were a good defensive team from '03-'05 under Carlisle. Artest was top10 best all around player in the league at the time believe it or not, he was amazing. Was cat quick, not bulky like he is now and could actually shoot from deep pretty well.

We were a 61 win team in '04 season, we lost to the scumbag Pistons in the '04 ECF. They made a brilliant and fortunate midseason pick up to get Rasheed Wallace. Us on the other hand, we lost Brad Miller in the offseason before the season started, he became an All Star with us and Sacremento offered huge money for him. There's no question that if he stayed we would've been back-to-back Champions ('05 Champs if not for the Brawl with or without him). We would've completely dominated the league if he didn't leave (it sucks cause he's from Indiana and went to Purdue also).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in