GOT episode 3 - Xtratime Community
 28Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:04 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
mali's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Posts: 55,352
GOT episode 3

i don't know for you, but me, i fell exhausted. damn !
that's what i call a total war.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
mali is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:26
Administrators
Xtratime Elite
 
Osman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: Uppsala, Sverige
Teams: Juve
Posts: 51,582
One of the most intense TV moments of all time. 77 minutes of crazy ride. There is little chance for them to top this episode in last 3 episodes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
Osman is offline  
post #3 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:31
Forum Manager
Legend
 
pele10brazil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Posts: 12,081
I was like this the whole episode



****ing HBO and their louzy lighting. And I woke up at 3:40 AM to see it...

GOT turned into Disney. They made of mockery out of the whole White Walker saga with this conclusion. As if this is supposed to make Arya great again...

Some scenes were great, like the Dothoraky charge, or Jon abandoning Sam, but very few of those. I don't understand how Valeriyan steel could kill the Night King, but Dragon blaze did nothing. It's supposed to be an inferior form of Dragon derived magic ffs.

And I'm curious where the hell was Bran waging towards the end? Cersei can't possibly be the final boss, considering the emo state of Bran. I refuse to belive he kept being the cynic just for this joke of a battle.

P.S. Kudos to Melissandre for making at least a few scenes visible.
van likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
pele10brazil is offline  
 
post #4 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:32
Forum Manager
Legend
 
pele10brazil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Posts: 12,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
One of the most intense TV moments of all time. 77 minutes of crazy ride. There is little chance for them to top this episode in last 3 episodes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Arya fanboy spoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
pele10brazil is offline  
post #5 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:39
van
Community Manager
Legend
 
van's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 12,298
Spoilers below




I enjoyed it, but at some points it was just too dark for me to see well, and the dragon stuff I had no idea what was going on. I was watching on HBO from the laptop. The final sequence with the music was fantastic, and the whole thing was indeed exhausting, in a good way.

The one thing I'd say is that it lacked some of the crazy, cruel surprises of GoT. Characters who died were very likeable but generally minor, and while the Arya thing was surprising in the moment (and crazy how easy it was, wtf; the old dead dude can beat a dragon with one had but Arya killed him with a cool custom-made knife), it was in some ways predictable she'd save the day.

I'd imagine some of the cruel surprises will come in the final chapters.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
van is offline  
post #6 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
mali's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Posts: 55,352
well, we can critic after to have analysed it. but in the moment, i tought like osman that it was quite intense.

more intense than waterloo when the french cavalery charged to death and the old guard smatched.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
mali is offline  
post #7 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:50
Forum Manager
Legend
 
pele10brazil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Posts: 12,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mali View Post
well, we can critic after to have analysed it. but in the moment, i tought like osman that it was quite intense.

more intense than waterloo when the french cavalery charged to death and the old guard smatched.
Don't get me wrong, it had its good parts and intense moments. But the show writers obviously can't live up to the standard of the first 5 seasons. I can guarantee this is not how Martin envisioned the end of White Walkers, and his version will be something far grander. They weren't just a bunch of disney monsters pestering the main characters from the real objectives. The WWs will certainly have a deeper and more spectacular role in the canon storyline.
mali likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
pele10brazil is offline  
post #8 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:53
Forum Manager
Legend
 
pele10brazil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Posts: 12,081
Sad part is Martin hasn't even published a single book since the show aired. And there's 2 more of them. Considering how long he's taking with writing the books, and the fact that he's 70 years old, we might never get to see how the story really ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.

Last edited by pele10brazil; April 29th, 2019 at 20:27.
pele10brazil is offline  
post #9 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 19:00 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
mali's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Posts: 55,352
what do you think about the tatic they used ?

would not have been wiser to keep the army inside the castel, the cavalery outside waiting.
then when the white walkers arrive near the trench, light it to make barrage. then send the dragons to put the fire to this bunch of pricks. use the cavalery to take them behind.

better than attack them frontaly, really.
pele10brazil likes this.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
mali is offline  
post #10 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 19:31
Forum Manager
Legend
 
pele10brazil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Posts: 12,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mali View Post
what do you think about the tatic they used ?

would not have been wiser to keep the army inside the castel, the cavalery outside waiting.
then when the white walkers arrive near the trench, light it to make barrage. then send the dragons to put the fire to this bunch of pricks. use the cavalery to take them behind.

better than attack them frontaly, really.
GoT always sucked at tactics so it's almost not worth the bother. Light melee cavalry is supposed to harass the enemy flanks, not bulldoze through its center. And the Dragons should have scorched the zombie army way before they actually got to Winterfell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
pele10brazil is offline  
post #11 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 20:06 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
mali's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Posts: 55,352
this episode has been great, no doubt, but the way it ended let me dubitative. i would have prefered a nightking v snow.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
mali is offline  
post #12 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 20:32
Xtratime Legend
 
Johan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Lulea
Teams: Milan
Posts: 23,773
I gave up on GOT last season. But it seems mindless stupid action have a lot of fans.
ToniSamp and RahzeL like this.

Last edited by Johan; April 29th, 2019 at 22:20.
Johan is offline  
post #13 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 20:38
Forum Manager
Legend
 
RahzeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Posts: 12,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
Don't get me wrong, it had its good parts and intense moments. But the show writers obviously can't live up to the standard of the first 5 seasons. I can guarantee this is not how Martin envisioned the end of White Walkers, and his version will be something far grander. They weren't just a bunch of disney monsters pestering the main characters from the real objectives. The WWs will certainly have a deeper and more spectacular role in the canon storyline.
Bro GoT has become the popcorn action cinema fantasy stuff that I was never interested in. I got into GoT because it felt way more serious in the first 4 seasons. If a major character gets into a terrible situation in a quality tv show he gets fckin killed off. (Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos etc.) If a major character in GoT gets into a terrible situation some wonder happens and he escapes and that happens like 5 times in a row. It's come to the point where I am not excited about it anymore. There is no tension.

What I did like about this episode was Sansa and Melisandre.

Btw: What was Bran doing the whole episode? Cersei should take care of these boring ass characters now lol...
pele10brazil likes this.

Ma question préférée: qu'est-ce j'vais faire de tout cet oseille?
RahzeL is offline  
post #14 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 20:53
Forum Manager
Legend
 
pele10brazil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Posts: 12,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahzeL View Post
Bro GoT has become the popcorn action cinema fantasy stuff that I was never interested in. I got into GoT because it felt way more serious in the first 4 seasons. If a major character gets into a terrible situation in a quality tv show he gets fckin killed off. (Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos etc.) If a major character in GoT gets into a terrible situation some wonder happens and he escapes and that happens like 5 times in a row. It's come to the point where I am not excited about it anymore. There is no tension.

What I did like about this episode was Sansa and Melisandre.

Btw: What was Bran doing the whole episode? Cersei should take care of these boring ass characters now lol...
It became the poster show for killing of all the main characters and for the last 3 seasons, they only dumped 2nd rate bums. Well, technically 4 seasons, but the Jon Snow one was freakin intense. My brother kinda spoiled it for me because the prick was stalking, waiting for that exact sequence and burst into the room screaming when Jon died(I saw the episode a few hours after it was released so he already knew what happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
pele10brazil is offline  
post #15 of 137 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 22:53
Verified socialist
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Nacka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Teams: FC Internazionale
Posts: 22,191
Meh, I think it got stale after a while. I get that they wanted to create the hype of LE EPIC BATTLE SCENE, the longest in history OMG. But after twenty minutes the endless supply of ice goblins happily plunging to their "death" got boring. Not that I particularly cared for the "battle scenes" to begin with. Ran did it better. Hopefully we'll have a better battle scene when Cersei makes minced meat of these arse-wipes.

The lower tempo scenes in the middle with Arya sneaking around just felt weird as well, what happened to the onslaught? Did the ice goblins have their lunch break or something and only kept minimum staff on hand during that time?
ToniSamp and Dandeer like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
Nacka is offline  
post #16 of 137 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 00:45
Verified socialist
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Nacka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Teams: FC Internazionale
Posts: 22,191
I'll add though, so I don't come across as a total Debbie Downer, that there were a few shots that I did appreciate.

Mainly the Dothraki fire charge and the Dothraki fizzle. Despite not being a huge fan of the dragons I also liked the inital napalm bombing from them and the shot of the dragons flying above the zombie mist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
Nacka is offline  
post #17 of 137 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 03:19
TTM
Legend
 
TTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2011
Posts: 12,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
I was like this the whole episode



****ing HBO and their louzy lighting. And I woke up at 3:40 AM to see it...

GOT turned into Disney. They made of mockery out of the whole White Walker saga with this conclusion. As if this is supposed to make Arya great again...

Some scenes were great, like the Dothoraky charge, or Jon abandoning Sam, but very few of those. I don't understand how Valeriyan steel could kill the Night King, but Dragon blaze did nothing. It's supposed to be an inferior form of Dragon derived magic ffs.

And I'm curious where the hell was Bran waging towards the end? Cersei can't possibly be the final boss, considering the emo state of Bran. I refuse to belive he kept being the cynic just for this joke of a battle.

P.S. Kudos to Melissandre for making at least a few scenes visible.
Looks like you are ready to drop a deuce bro....just sayin :G

I've never watched a single minute of GoT

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
TTM is offline  
post #18 of 137 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 03:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2004
Location: California Gully
Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Posts: 41,916
Blog Entries: 43
I've watched a few minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Jeffrey is offline  
post #19 of 137 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 07:01
Star Player
 
Dandeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2009
Location: My dream
Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Posts: 4,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
I was like this the whole episode



****ing HBO and their louzy lighting. And I woke up at 3:40 AM to see it...

GOT turned into Disney. They made of mockery out of the whole White Walker saga with this conclusion. As if this is supposed to make Arya great again...

Some scenes were great, like the Dothoraky charge, or Jon abandoning Sam, but very few of those. I don't understand how Valeriyan steel could kill the Night King, but Dragon blaze did nothing. It's supposed to be an inferior form of Dragon derived magic ffs.

And I'm curious where the hell was Bran waging towards the end? Cersei can't possibly be the final boss, considering the emo state of Bran. I refuse to belive he kept being the cynic just for this joke of a battle.

P.S. Kudos to Melissandre for making at least a few scenes visible.
Did Jon abandon Sam? I kind of missed that.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
Dandeer is offline  
post #20 of 137 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 07:35
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
And the Dragons should have scorched the zombie army way before they actually got to Winterfell.
The initial plan was for them to hold on until the NK shows up with his dragon and attack him with 2 dragons, 2 vs 1 should win... but after Dan saw what happened to the Dothraki she couldn't help but ride her dragon and start attacking, thus scrapping that plan

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome