Xtratime Community banner

ALLEGRI OOOUUTTTTTTTTTTT, SARRI IN

6K views 153 replies 17 participants last post by  Nero 
#1 ·
Massimiliano Allegri will not be on the Juventus bench for the 2019/2020 season.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/ne...v_bsKdp6-26Cs6OR1pqm5YP_KsflmWGqYTQAF5N7jKT50

First and foremost, thank you Mister. I know we've had our differences, but all nonsense aside, you achieved great things, difficult things, in your time with us, and we'll all be eternally grateful for what you've done for this club.

But i also think it's time for a change, and we need someone else to reinvigorate a team which seems short of inspiration and enthusiasm.

A good question will be who will be his replacement.

Seems like Conte would be a frontrunner, maybe Deschamps might be in the mix.

#2 ·
It's time, but it's sad. He has been the best tactician we had since Lippi. Will go down as a coaching legend by far for us. Has had to reinvent the team 3 or 4 times in 5 years, and had us winning 11 titles in total and get really close to CL glory twice despite having to change key players alot (our 2015 and 2017 final teams are completely two teams, as is our current one). His flexible and inventive adaption to his new personnel/ player material hit a brick wall this season. So it's good time to part ways. It will be monumental task to replace him. Options are slim.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#3 · (Edited)
It makes sense for a Conte return to be honest, that's what i'm betting on.

We're hardly the type of club which will take a risk when it comes to coaching choices.

I also think what hurt Allegri is he pushed for a few transfers and didn't really use them, Douglas Costa was a big request he made but in the end, played very little. He waited for a long time to start Berna and it's clear that he should have played a lot more once he had a decent run in the team.

He also struggled to get the best out of Dybala, and i think that hurt him quite a bit as well.

There is also no denying that we were terrible in the CL for long stretches, and it's made all the worse when it was very achievable for us to make the final this season, and stumbled against a beatable opponent who was better at seizing the momentum than we were. We had a pretty good path to the final and i think it must be frustrating for the club that we couldn't make it, and i definitely have a feeling this season in particular was a really big missed opportunity to win the trophy. We threw it away this season, big time.

It was always going to be hard for him to live down losing at home in the second leg to Ajax. Just when we needed to raise our game, we capitulated mentally and that's really why this decision was made. Clearly after getting outplayed by Barca and Real in the previous CL finals, losing this way to Ajax at home just represented the fact that instead of rectifying our problems performing in big games, we were going backwards.

In any case, let's see what Paratici can conjure up. Let's see if he's worth the hype or not.

#14 ·
It makes sense for a Conte return to be honest, that's what i'm betting on.

I hope you're not betting actual money on this because you would most likely lose it.

According to pretty much every Italian source he has already agreed to join Inter.

#6 ·
Allegri adapted like crazy for a team that didn't have a world class midfield since Vidal Pirlo and Pogba left. Instead of imploding like most crybabies would have, he continued to win without much glory. He is by far one of the best managers in the world. It is a doubtful decision to let him go, especially since he never really lost the dressing room.

#9 ·
I've grown to like him and he is an excellent coach, but this season he started losing his marbles, arguing with journalists about his tactical knowledge and so on. We improved the squad from the last season, but played worse and had several games in which we totally dropped the ball. In fact i think that 3 of the 4 biggest Juve defeats in CL came under Allegri, so this is like a trademark for him. Its time to try something different.

#21 ·
Ronaldo aside we didnt improve the squad. I dont think Bonucci is better than Benatia (i was strongly against re-signing him and all the events have proven we should not have). Emre Can is not some midfield improvement for CL ambition team for me. Ok i forgot Cancelo but yeah midfield was the priority and we didnt improve it.

What are these big defeats. The 2 CL finals and Bayern game? I rather be in that position than Conte crashing out in groupstage blaming pitch then not even making europa league final the one year its hosted in Turin.

#13 ·
The extreme lack of midfielders wasnt on him, but his football ideas or lack of them, past two seasons, are on him. We definitely regressed despite improving player quality in overall.

Also I'm glad his butchers aka the fitness team of his Grani and Folletti are gone. Never seen Juve with as much injury issues as we had past years.

Dybala, Costa, Cancelo and Pjanic.

Also apparently more players who dont like him, maybe just media talk, but close sources said 10 players in the squad who dont even talk to him.

#12 ·
Again, I hear the discontent with Allegri lately but putting this aside, it is a nice time to reflect that this juve team had:

CR7, mandzukic, bernardeschi, costa, dybala, (higuain)

Meaning that any 2-3 of these players were on the bench any game (eg. Dybala)

Whereas the starting midfield was Pjanic, Matuidi and Can. Main bench was bentacur and khedira. Seems like an imbalance between the starting forwards and midfielders, and same with bench forwards and mids.

Again, of course, you had your issues with an aging defense as well.

#15 ·
Could well be, but Conte hardly has an appetite to play from behind and he'd be way behind at Inter. Now that the Juve seat is open, he may be contemplating a return which would put him in a much better position to compete.

Having said that, the club may not want him back as he left pretty unceremoniously, so they may be looking elsewhere.

The main issue is that the club has always preferred Italian coaches, and there aren't many, if any, who fit the bill for the job. Well, except for Conte.

Maybe they might gamble on Inzaghi, but the list of alternatives is short if they want to go local again.

#16 ·
I'm no fan of Allegri, was constantly calling for his head at Milan.

HHowever, he did a splendid job for you guys, in a position in which it was very easy to screw up. Basically he had to win the scudetto every time and improve in the CL, and the did both. More impressively, he did it with a huge turnover of personnel. Juve had the best team in Italy and one of the best in the world, but it's never easy to lose players like Pirlo, Pogba, Buffon, etc. and keep winning and remaining competitive.

It does seem like a decent time for change, but IMO from the outside it looks hardly an urgent one. I am sure you will get a very good manager again, but I think Toni is right: this is more of a risk than was perhaps necessary, and it's not clear that a new manager will win the CL or even that the team was really not progressing, despite the obvious fact of not getting as far in the CL. Ajax was a hell of a team.

I do think he could have done better with Dybala and Berna, and was looking a bit erratic at the end generally. More liely it's about no longer getting along with players and/or management, and needing a change in that sense.

the club may not want him back as he left pretty unceremoniously, so they may be looking elsewhere.
Wasn't that precisely with Marotta though?

#18 ·
Grazie Allegri, 11 titles in 5 years is a huge achievement despite the doubts against him since the very beginning...

I've always defended Allegri, but unfortunately this season despite having highly talented players in the squad the matches we played weren't entertaining and we kept grinding results despite not playing well...

Top of my wishlist would be Pocchetino, the amazing comebacks his team achieved as well as outperforming the big teams in England despite not spending a single penny in the summer is astounding...

What could help us is that he was an Espanyol player and said he would never manage Barca, while he might not join an EPL rival so quickly out of respect to Spurs, which takes him closer to us (his family migrated from Turin afterall!)....

Whatever the management decides I will always trust them, they've proven themselves over and over for the past 8 years....

#29 ·
My point was that the team overall was not improved. Its easy to cover behind Ronaldo. Yes its Ronaldo but Ronaldo at Real had world class players and winners also everywhere.

Again Bonucci is not better than Benatia. Emre Can is a nobody. We have been desperate...you yourself have said years how we once had a world class midfield with Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and that is not there. Ronaldo cant save us against every team.

I dont think we will go and win the CL next season if we dont make top signings. Midfield is still lacking.

Allegri for sure takes blame for the Ajax game but their players are going to move to top clubs this summer. We lost to a new talented dutch generation.

#35 ·
I absolutely did not say that, but I think you know that already.

Congrats if he signs for Inter, I'm certainly not saying it's outside the realm of possibility, it could very well happen soon. I didn't think Ancelotti would take over Napoli and he did.

But all I'll say is, if you think this guy is going to be patient while you make incremental changes to your squad, you're being very naive.

He won 3 straight Scudetti with us and still left, he won the EPL in his first season with Chelsea and it all went pear-shaped the next season, because he is one of those people who is never satisfied.

Good luck with that.

#38 ·
I absolutely did not say that, but I think you know that already.
No I dont know that at all. It's absolutely what you suggested by what you wrote. You said your money is on Conte to Juve. I pointed out that the Italian press' money is on Conte to Inter. You suggested Conte choosing a weaker team is illogical, even though his Chelsea side was weaker man-for-man than Man City and Man United and his Italian NT squad was weaker than God knows how many other NTs or club teams... I think we can both agree Conte was 'established' by the time those offers came around.

But look, you may be correct. Conte might backtrack or have left a door open for Juve. But according to everything I had heard and read , he burnt bridges all over the place at Juve and has an actual contractual agreement with Inter. Time will tell. Soon.

#37 ·
Especially when the stagnation is due to him. You know what happend to the same exact squad he publically belittled and slighted as too mediocre? They went to CL final immediately.

I love him as player and passionate Juventino top coach. But he has a defeatist and egocentric self destruct button that he has used in both Juve and Chelsea now. He doesnt want to try anything different to improve to next level in Europe and instead makes excuses and belittles (no wonder they performed poorly in CL and EL under him, your coach doesnt believe in you) or starts conflict within the organisation.

Rash and immature character is whats holding back his career to reach the next level. And is the sole reason Agnelli doesnt want him back. Super winning streak as player and coach in near 20 decade, but he semi pissed on all that by leaving the club as chump with pitiful tantrum.

That's why I will miss with Allegri, he was a true gentleman and class act from day one to last day. Poised and controlled, reminded me of Lippi.

#43 ·
Of course, because it was an aberration due to the breakdown in the relationship between Mourinho and the squad, not because they suddenly became a crappy team.

I think the 2 EPL titles in 3 years should be evidence of that, but you seem to be childishly holding on to a red-herring.

#45 ·
I think the 2 EPL titles in 3 years should be evidence of that, but you seem to be childishly holding on to a red-herring.
You have shifted the goalposts again, I see, by counting Conte's first season at Chelsea. This is pretty "silly", objectively speaking, seeing as we are now dealing with totally skewed sample sizes. To even things out we would have to know where Conte will finish at his new club next season, wouldn't we?

Why not actually stick to the rules of the debate that you set out from the start, i.e. Conte doesn't join teams that are way behind the league leader when a given club offers him a job, even though your only practical example for this is him joining a Chelsea side (you are not "permitting" his Juve stint) that finished 6th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st and 10th in the 5 years before he joined.

I'm not really sure what part of this is "childish" ... I guess you just don't really have a substantive point and are relying on rhetoric to make your argument look better than it is ....

#46 · (Edited)
Although I have to add that Inter were so diabolically bad tonight that I actually agree with Nero: Conte would be mad to join Inter.

He should phone his agent and tell him to tear up the agreement now.

Although to be fair, it may be contingent on CL qualification.... and Inter look more than capable of losing/drawing with Empoli next weekend.

#49 ·
No Italian team is good or ambitious enough to attract Allegri besides us. So no he ain't going there. Probably PSG or Bayern (outside chance for Barca).

#50 ·
Do you really believe that? I think that, like almost anybody else these days, Allegri would pick Bayern or PSG over Inter, Napoli, or Milan or Roma if given the chance. But this season it's a particularly competitive market for top managers. Imagine if Mourinho and Conte get those two jobs soon: I'm not sure Allegri would reject Inter or a few of the others in that scenario -- if he actually is looking for a job next year, that is.

#53 ·
How about we use the most apt sample size, in 2 seasons at Chelsea, he won the EPL in his first season.

You think that you can do that with a bad team? No.

#55 ·
Jesus Christ......

Because it is a two-sample test (A: Chelsea's status as a determiner of Conte joining, B: Inter's status as a determiner of Conte joining) and there is no value in Sample B that equates to Conte's 1st season in charge of Chelsea.

It would be like measuring voters' attitudes to Obama and Trump by polling them on Obama on the two years before Obama was in office, and then polling them over three years for Trump: 2 years where Trump wasn't in office and 1 year when he was. How clever would this be? Not very....

What makes your point even more nonsensical is that Conte has, by all accounts done what you said he wouldn't do and agreed to join Inter. The announcement could be made as early as Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.