ALLEGRI OOOUUTTTTTTTTTTT, SARRI IN - Xtratime Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 12:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
ALLEGRI OOOUUTTTTTTTTTTT, SARRI IN

Massimiliano Allegri will not be on the Juventus bench for the 2019/2020 season.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/new...qYTQAF5N7jKT50

First and foremost, thank you Mister. I know we've had our differences, but all nonsense aside, you achieved great things, difficult things, in your time with us, and we'll all be eternally grateful for what you've done for this club.

But i also think it's time for a change, and we need someone else to reinvigorate a team which seems short of inspiration and enthusiasm.

A good question will be who will be his replacement.

Seems like Conte would be a frontrunner, maybe Deschamps might be in the mix.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:10
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
It's time, but it's sad. He has been the best tactician we had since Lippi. Will go down as a coaching legend by far for us. Has had to reinvent the team 3 or 4 times in 5 years, and had us winning 11 titles in total and get really close to CL glory twice despite having to change key players alot (our 2015 and 2017 final teams are completely two teams, as is our current one). His flexible and inventive adaption to his new personnel/ player material hit a brick wall this season. So it's good time to part ways. It will be monumental task to replace him. Options are slim.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

It makes sense for a Conte return to be honest, that's what i'm betting on.

We're hardly the type of club which will take a risk when it comes to coaching choices.

I also think what hurt Allegri is he pushed for a few transfers and didn't really use them, Douglas Costa was a big request he made but in the end, played very little. He waited for a long time to start Berna and it's clear that he should have played a lot more once he had a decent run in the team.

He also struggled to get the best out of Dybala, and i think that hurt him quite a bit as well.

There is also no denying that we were terrible in the CL for long stretches, and it's made all the worse when it was very achievable for us to make the final this season, and stumbled against a beatable opponent who was better at seizing the momentum than we were. We had a pretty good path to the final and i think it must be frustrating for the club that we couldn't make it, and i definitely have a feeling this season in particular was a really big missed opportunity to win the trophy. We threw it away this season, big time.

It was always going to be hard for him to live down losing at home in the second leg to Ajax. Just when we needed to raise our game, we capitulated mentally and that's really why this decision was made. Clearly after getting outplayed by Barca and Real in the previous CL finals, losing this way to Ajax at home just represented the fact that instead of rectifying our problems performing in big games, we were going backwards.

In any case, let's see what Paratici can conjure up. Let's see if he's worth the hype or not.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro

Last edited by Nero; May 18th, 2019 at 10:39.

post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Good, I feared that Juventus could win the 9th scudetto in a row. Now there is a chance they get the wrong coach instead.
post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:38
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Good, I feared that Juventus could win the 9th scudetto in a row. Now there is a chance they get the wrong coach instead.

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 13:58
Legend

Allegri adapted like crazy for a team that didn't have a world class midfield since Vidal Pirlo and Pogba left. Instead of imploding like most crybabies would have, he continued to win without much glory. He is by far one of the best managers in the world. It is a doubtful decision to let him go, especially since he never really lost the dressing room.
post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 14:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
Allegri adapted like crazy for a team that didn't have a world class midfield since Vidal Pirlo and Pogba left. Instead of imploding like most crybabies would have, he continued to win without much glory. He is by far one of the best managers in the world. It is a doubtful decision to let him go, especially since he never really lost the dressing room.
I agree with everything but the last line. It is possible that he lost the dressing room, in fact one of the conditions for staying at Juventus was the club to get rid of a good amount of players (he had a list). Probably this was the main problem which convinced the club to move on and look for a different coach.
Osman and stefan9 like this.
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 14:51
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
I agree with everything but the last line. It is possible that he lost the dressing room, in fact one of the conditions for staying at Juventus was the club to get rid of a good amount of players (he had a list). Probably this was the main problem which convinced the club to move on and look for a different coach.
Defenitely the decisive factor, besides failure in footballing level, he seemed to be at odds with many players like how he was in Milan last year. He asked for a revolution in terms of sales, while management probably only want to focus adding to the team instead of going to a risky shakeup in too many key places.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 15:17
International

I've grown to like him and he is an excellent coach, but this season he started losing his marbles, arguing with journalists about his tactical knowledge and so on. We improved the squad from the last season, but played worse and had several games in which we totally dropped the ball. In fact i think that 3 of the 4 biggest Juve defeats in CL came under Allegri, so this is like a trademark for him. Its time to try something different.
post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 15:26
Legend

Which players were on his sales list?
post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 15:35
Premier Player

Im thinking Cristiano Ronaldo was on the list of players he wanted to get rid of.

#Alikocistifa
post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 16:11
Legend

Again, I hear the discontent with Allegri lately but putting this aside, it is a nice time to reflect that this juve team had:

CR7, mandzukic, bernardeschi, costa, dybala, (higuain)

Meaning that any 2-3 of these players were on the bench any game (eg. Dybala)

Whereas the starting midfield was Pjanic, Matuidi and Can. Main bench was bentacur and khedira. Seems like an imbalance between the starting forwards and midfielders, and same with bench forwards and mids.

Again, of course, you had your issues with an aging defense as well.
post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 16:11
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

The extreme lack of midfielders wasnt on him, but his football ideas or lack of them, past two seasons, are on him. We definitely regressed despite improving player quality in overall.

Also I'm glad his butchers aka the fitness team of his Grani and Folletti are gone. Never seen Juve with as much injury issues as we had past years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
Which players were on his sales list?
Dybala, Costa, Cancelo and Pjanic.

Also apparently more players who dont like him, maybe just media talk, but close sources said 10 players in the squad who dont even talk to him.

post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 16:52
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
It makes sense for a Conte return to be honest, that's what i'm betting on.

I hope you're not betting actual money on this because you would most likely lose it.

According to pretty much every Italian source he has already agreed to join Inter.
post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 17:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Could well be, but Conte hardly has an appetite to play from behind and he'd be way behind at Inter. Now that the Juve seat is open, he may be contemplating a return which would put him in a much better position to compete.

Having said that, the club may not want him back as he left pretty unceremoniously, so they may be looking elsewhere.

The main issue is that the club has always preferred Italian coaches, and there aren't many, if any, who fit the bill for the job. Well, except for Conte.

Maybe they might gamble on Inzaghi, but the list of alternatives is short if they want to go local again.

-Stefano Sturaro
post #16 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 17:56
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I'm no fan of Allegri, was constantly calling for his head at Milan.

HHowever, he did a splendid job for you guys, in a position in which it was very easy to screw up. Basically he had to win the scudetto every time and improve in the CL, and the did both. More impressively, he did it with a huge turnover of personnel. Juve had the best team in Italy and one of the best in the world, but it's never easy to lose players like Pirlo, Pogba, Buffon, etc. and keep winning and remaining competitive.

It does seem like a decent time for change, but IMO from the outside it looks hardly an urgent one. I am sure you will get a very good manager again, but I think Toni is right: this is more of a risk than was perhaps necessary, and it's not clear that a new manager will win the CL or even that the team was really not progressing, despite the obvious fact of not getting as far in the CL. Ajax was a hell of a team.

I do think he could have done better with Dybala and Berna, and was looking a bit erratic at the end generally. More liely it's about no longer getting along with players and/or management, and needing a change in that sense.

Quote:
the club may not want him back as he left pretty unceremoniously, so they may be looking elsewhere.
Wasn't that precisely with Marotta though?

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #17 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 18:19
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
We definitely regressed despite improving player quality in overall.
Yes and no. Your attacking players definitely got better, and your midfield this year is probably better than last year's given Marchisio got injured and sent away, but your central defence got older/injured and you don't have Buffon anymore (sure he was getting extremely vintage).
post #18 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 19:02
Star Player

Grazie Allegri, 11 titles in 5 years is a huge achievement despite the doubts against him since the very beginning...

I've always defended Allegri, but unfortunately this season despite having highly talented players in the squad the matches we played weren't entertaining and we kept grinding results despite not playing well...

Top of my wishlist would be Pocchetino, the amazing comebacks his team achieved as well as outperforming the big teams in England despite not spending a single penny in the summer is astounding...

What could help us is that he was an Espanyol player and said he would never manage Barca, while he might not join an EPL rival so quickly out of respect to Spurs, which takes him closer to us (his family migrated from Turin afterall!)....

Whatever the management decides I will always trust them, they've proven themselves over and over for the past 8 years....

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #19 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 20:02
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Quote:
Could well be, but Conte hardly has an appetite to play from behind and he'd be way behind at Inter. Now that the Juve seat is open, he may be contemplating a return which would put him in a much better position to compete.
He took over a Juve team that finished 7th in Serie A and an Italy team that wasn't exactly elite level either....

Where did Chelsea finish the season before Conte ? 3rd? What are you on about man... He also said on Italian TV about 4 weeks ago he has no interest in Juve. Some game show.... I'll find a link

He indicated on Italian TV a few weeks ago that he had no interest in going back to Juve... I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #20 of 119 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 22:13
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
He took over a Juve team that finished 7th in Serie A and an Italy team that wasn't exactly elite level either....

Where did Chelsea finish the season before Conte ? 3rd? What are you on about man... He also said on Italian TV about 4 weeks ago he has no interest in Juve. Some game show.... I'll find a link

He indicated on Italian TV a few weeks ago that he had no interest in going back to Juve... I
With players like Godin, De Vrij and Skrinjar Inter have the hallmark of a "Conte" team, specially with Nainggolan finally possibly employed in CM rather than a more attacking role...

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in