Xtratime Community banner

ALLEGRI OOOUUTTTTTTTTTTT, SARRI IN

6K views 153 replies 17 participants last post by  Nero 
#1 ·
Massimiliano Allegri will not be on the Juventus bench for the 2019/2020 season.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/ne...v_bsKdp6-26Cs6OR1pqm5YP_KsflmWGqYTQAF5N7jKT50

First and foremost, thank you Mister. I know we've had our differences, but all nonsense aside, you achieved great things, difficult things, in your time with us, and we'll all be eternally grateful for what you've done for this club.

But i also think it's time for a change, and we need someone else to reinvigorate a team which seems short of inspiration and enthusiasm.

A good question will be who will be his replacement.

Seems like Conte would be a frontrunner, maybe Deschamps might be in the mix.

#54 ·
Instead of this pointless discussion, its much more interesting to talk about how lots of Italian sources are saying Pep is close to Juve lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#56 ·
I thought they completely stopped with the Guardiola talk after the FA Cup final.

Only names I heard today were Sarri and Inzaghi

#57 ·
Its not general media yet but close sources and journalist (Momblano) who been consistently correct on CR7, Allegri (said he is gone when all medias were insisting he stays)and other Juve news before they became known, saying they are working closely on Pep.

Paratici and Pep are in same Milan hotel (Pep is there for golf charity Agnelli is in too), and Paratici has been seen with fifa agents in that hotel who work closely with Peps brother (and is his agent). Same with meeting Citys sporting director last week etc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#59 ·
Would be great even for Serie A in general but I'll believe it when I see it....

#58 ·
Pep coming to serie A would be great for the credibility of the league, plus he knows it well; however I am not sure he will be an upgrade on Allegri. This feels like the end of an era and it isn't solely because of Allegri (it wasn't when Conte left), but because defense is aging, Buffon left, midfield options are thin. What will decide next seasons more than the manager (Juve will be able to get a capable manager) is this summer's mercato.

#61 ·
because defense is aging, Buffon left, midfield options are thin. What will decide next seasons more than the manager (Juve will be able to get a capable manager) is this summer's mercato
we played 2 CL finals in 3 years with almost entirely different line ups. We will still have the best squad in Italy by some margin even without doing anything substantial in the market,but we will do what is necessary. For CL obviously we need upgrade in some sense, for the record i dont think Pep is this upgrade.

#63 · (Edited)
EDIT: I deleted this message

It was a bit disrespectful and I'm not into s*t-slinging on other team's forums

#68 ·
It is difficult to predict who will be hired but there a few hints that it could be Pep Guardiola afterall:

- The source of this rumour started from Momblano, the same source that started the crazy Cristiano transfer and the same source that confirmed Allegri's exit...

- Pep Guardiola visiting Abu Dhabi to meet with Manchester City's owner, Shiekh Mansour, could possibly be a good bye visit as Pep pays him alot of respect and wouldn't want to leave without such a visit...

- Juve are listed at the stock market and it makes sense to keep the rumours swirling for as long as possible to milk the increase in share price, something that happened last summer with Cristiano's transfer... that explains the leak to Momblano (again) and not a credible source like Sky, to keep the rumour alive for as long as possible....

- If Pep really leaves City, the best possible candidate for them is Pochettino... that is why nothing will likely be announced until after the CL final at least...

- Pep already completed 3 years at City, almost the same tenure with Bayern and Barca (4 years) which spells a new challenge for him and possibly the last chance for him to manage a team that has Cristiano... a player that he respects alot and is the closest to Messi...

Those are just hints and tidbits that could amount to really nothing, so let us wait and see what will the official announcement be as even with Sarri we could finally play that attacking flowing football that we have lacked in the last 8 years between Conte and Allegri... while Inzaghi is very promising too and could be into somehing

#76 ·
This is what I say to us hiring that village idiot Sarri:

P.S This was one of his nicer days, he has had so many insanely low class pathetic peasant moments it beggars belief, without even considering his coaching pedigree, he shouldnt be a candidate on personality alone.

#86 ·
Conte was fired after an abysmal season in which they finished 5th, with 70 pts and goal difference of +24
Sarri came and improved Chelsea to.. 72 pts and goal difference of +24... losing 0-6 in the process and getting humiliated by its own GK in the cup final.
Chelsea were lucky that all other competirors for CL bar Pool and Mancity sucked more than them.

#87 ·
Sarri is a significant step down from Allegri, i've never been very impressed with him.

This is what i mean about the club putting the nationality of the coach too high up the list of criteria, i doubt Sarri would be considered if he were not Italian.

#88 ·
I’m sure he would be considered, but very likely not as high on the list.

That said, I tend to agree with the nationality issue. On the one hand, of course it makes sense to hire someone who knows the league and all that, and there are several good Italian coaches at any given time; on the other, Italian teams tend to absolutely over do it and miss out on great ones very often.

#91 ·
Disappointing if true, but as i said at the beginning, there were never many options to begin with.

I was harbouring some hope of Pochettino wanting to move on after this season but that always seemed like a remote possibility.

#93 ·
Disappointing if true, but as i said at the beginning, there were never many options to begin with.

I was harbouring some hope of Pochettino wanting to move on after this season but that always seemed like a remote possibility.
But if I may ask, what's the difference between Pochettino and Sarri? Is Pochettino even better? Not to me. Both basically won nothing prior to Sarri's EL triumph. Both play attractive football. Poch even had the advantage of playing in a rich league with plenty money, with the perfect conditions and such (yeah they didn't spend last year), for five years without a trophy. I dare say Sarri's teams play better. Ironically I feel if Sarri weren't Italian maybe people may rate him higher.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk

#92 ·
When Conte walked out and Allegri was hired these forums went into meltdown wrecking of disappointment. Seems to be happening again.

Sarri is not the best going around but other options such as BS rumours of Pep, Klopp or even Poch...are not even possible right now.

I will leave my judgement until I see performances under Sarri. Clear as day no one was happy with our performances under Allegri this season regardless of winning lo scudetto. We were humiliated by teenagers in the CL. We haven't been able to create a shit in a toilet all season. Let's accept a change was needed and give Sarri a chance to prove if he is good enough or not.

#94 ·
Pochettino is not my ideal candidate, but he is the best out of the realistic options who could be available. I agree, i think the fact he has not won a major title plays against him.

However, we have to put that in context and that is he has not had a lot of funds to work with on the transfer market. In fact, Tottenham have gone entire mercati without bringing anyone new of consequence, and he has still found a way to make Tottenham competitive despite this massive disadvantage. It is true that he has not lost any major players during his tenure, but when he has to compete against teams like Man City and Liverpool for the title, and the other big European clubs in the CL which are spending 50-80m on a single player, and Tottenham are not spending at all, you realise the scale of his accomplishments.

I still think he is much superior coach to Sarri and i think with our resources, he could compete at the highest level and win a lot of titles with us.

#95 ·
I'm curious, Nero, who is your ideal candidate?

#96 ·
I'm not sure there is an ideal candidate out there right now, every top coach seems to a have particular flaw. Pep can't seem to crack the CL even with a stacked team, Klopp can't seem to win the league despite ample resources, Conte is too impatient and capricious, Mourinho has lost his touch, etc.

I'd say perhaps the closest to an ideal candidate from who's coaching currently would be Simeone or Zidane.

Simeone has proven he can do amazing things even with limited resources at Atletico, Zidane's track record speaks for itself, even with a very talent Real, they underachieved until he found a way to unlock their potential.

I'd put Pochettino a level below, simply because even if he's done brilliantly with limited resources, he's not been able to win a major trophy. And he's had his chances, like the year Leicester won the EPL, and the CL final this year. It seems he may lack something to get teams over the line.

#99 ·
I see. I thought you had someone among the most immediately available in mind.

I agree with your evaluation of all those guys, though perhaps I’d be more generous with Klopp in particular. He won the league in Germany of all places, and this year missed because City made a ridiculous amount of points.

#97 ·
Sarri going to you is a clear disappointment. Now you suddenly gonna be both attractive and successful. Obviously you will win the league next season (few managers would fail there), while europe really is 50% a lottery.

With Juventus Sarri also got both the patience and resources needed to get his football going, so as someone that dont really like Juve I can only hope that he get in conflict with key players. Because if there is something that would make him fail then it is that. All IMO of course.

#98 ·
I can do without Sarris extremely low class behaviour and incredibly inflexible and naively unsuccessful one track approach. Better attacking is only plus, everything else would expect a downgrade.

Call me a dreamer but im still holding out for the Pep Guardiola approach to pan out.

#100 ·
I can do without Sarris extremely low class behaviour and incredibly inflexible and naively unsuccessful one track approach. Better attacking is only plus, everything else would expect a downgrade.

Call me a dreamer but im still holding out for the Pep Guardiola approach to pan out.
Behaviour is one thing, but I find it curious how almost all the Juve fans call him out on tactics and even call it "unsuccessful" when it has proved quite successful. Certainly it has grabbed him results and both his teams (before Chelsea now) performed over their weight/status, which would directly means his tactics brought success.

#101 ·

”The concept of victory at all costs? An extreme that blurs the minds of the fans and some managers. You can't be unhappy with a second place."

Uh, what was the very essence and motto of our club again? In the words of Mister Boniperti:

In Juventus winning is not important, it is the only thing that counts!"

#102 ·
You can't call Sarri style "unsuccessful" approach. To be fair to him, was it really possible to win in Italy with Napoli against Juventus or with Chelsea in England against City and Liverpool? I think he did a great job, he did the best any manager could have done with those teams. I want someone to tell me who could have done better than him in those situations.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk

#103 · (Edited)
I agree that him winning against Juve in Italy with Napoli was always going to be difficult.

He could have done better with Chelsea in the league however.

I think he has a mixed record, but i'm always a bit skeptical about coaches who have not won much before they come to Juve.

Having said that, Allegri didn't win much before coming to Turin either. And he did very well with us, much to my surprise.

#120 ·
He could have done better with Chelsea in the league however.
Better?

Liverpool ended with 97 points, enough to win the PL in any other season in history, except for one....

Liverpool had not 1 but 2 players end the season as league's top-scorers...

Liverpool's GK broke the club record of Clean Sheets + unbeaten run in this season...

Liverpool had not 1 but 2 fullbacks smash the assist record of a defender this season with 11 assists each (previous record was 8)...

Despite all those historical achievements, Liverpool failed to win the EPL and you honestly believe that Chelsea could've done better than this Liverpool or City?

Sarri arrived at a chaotic club very late in pre-season, his best player already had his heart set at out for Madrid, while Higuain was brought in midway through the season having to settle in yet a new club and this time a new league and country while both City and Liverpool had settled managers and squads...

Pep Guardiola ended his first season with City as 3rd, without winning any trophy....

Jurgen Klopp ended his first season with Liverpool as 8th (he took over in October), without winning any trophy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.