ALLEGRI OOOUUTTTTTTTTTTT, SARRI IN - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 154 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 22:40
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
There is absolutely zero talk of this in the English press. It won't happen this summer.

But I can very easily see him going to Serie A (Juve) within 2/3 years - either when his contract runs out at City or if City get hit with CL and transfer bans beyond next season
Congrats on Conte, he is the best possible manager for Inter's situation....personally im not surprised as he also moved to Bari despite being born and bred at Lecce ... but if you don't satisfy him in the transfer market and give him control, he wont hesitate in leaving you too.. would be interesting to see how he works with Marotta again despite what happened while they were at Juve

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 154 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 02:47
Legend
 
camelface's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Posts: 16,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
Congrats on Conte, he is the best possible manager for Inter's situation....personally im not surprised as he also moved to Bari despite being born and bred at Lecce ... but if you don't satisfy him in the transfer market and give him control, he wont hesitate in leaving you too.. would be interesting to see how he works with Marotta again despite what happened while they were at Juve
considering who you gave away after he left, there is maybe some sense into conte's transfer views, even if he expresses them in a childish way

anyway, this letting go of allegri appears more and more amateurish as time passes
camelface is offline  
post #83 of 154 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 13:07
International
 
Andrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: cant remember
Posts: 6,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
anyway, this letting go of allegri appears more and more amateurish as time passes
letting go of Allegri was reasonable, there are arguements for and against it, one can build a case about the nedd of change.
.. but hiring Sarri would be clearly retarded. I hope Chelsea los 0-4 or something today so Agnelli backs off.
Andrey is offline  
 
post #84 of 154 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 14:08
Administrators
Xtratime Elite
 
Osman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: Uppsala, Sverige
Teams: Juve
Posts: 51,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Soon the juventini will miss him too.








dpforever10 likes this.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
Osman is offline  
post #85 of 154 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 16:00
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,746
To be fair to Sarri, he got Chelsea to 3rd place in a very competitive PL and also 2 finals in his first year... not a bad job

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
post #86 of 154 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 21:26
International
 
Andrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: cant remember
Posts: 6,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
To be fair to Sarri, he got Chelsea to 3rd place in a very competitive PL and also 2 finals in his first year... not a bad job
Conte was fired after an abysmal season in which they finished 5th, with 70 pts and goal difference of +24
Sarri came and improved Chelsea to.. 72 pts and goal difference of +24... losing 0-6 in the process and getting humiliated by its own GK in the cup final.
Chelsea were lucky that all other competirors for CL bar Pool and Mancity sucked more than them.
Andrey is offline  
post #87 of 154 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 17:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Nero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
Posts: 17,411
Sarri is a significant step down from Allegri, i've never been very impressed with him.

This is what i mean about the club putting the nationality of the coach too high up the list of criteria, i doubt Sarri would be considered if he were not Italian.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
Nero is offline  
post #88 of 154 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 17:31
van
Community Manager
Legend
 
van's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 12,452
I’m sure he would be considered, but very likely not as high on the list.

That said, I tend to agree with the nationality issue. On the one hand, of course it makes sense to hire someone who knows the league and all that, and there are several good Italian coaches at any given time; on the other, Italian teams tend to absolutely over do it and miss out on great ones very often.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
van is offline  
post #89 of 154 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 17:53
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post

- Juve are listed at the stock market and it makes sense to keep the rumours swirling for as long as possible to milk the increase in share price, something that happened last summer with Cristiano's transfer... that explains the leak to Momblano (again) and not a credible source like Sky, to keep the rumour alive for as long as possible....
Juventus shares are up 5.1% as of today

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
post #90 of 154 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 21:34
Star Player
 
dpforever10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2016
Posts: 2,746
According to most sources it is Sarri! Official announcement could be as early as Sunday

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
dpforever10 is offline  
post #91 of 154 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2019, 03:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Nero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
Posts: 17,411
Disappointing if true, but as i said at the beginning, there were never many options to begin with.

I was harbouring some hope of Pochettino wanting to move on after this season but that always seemed like a remote possibility.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
Nero is offline  
post #92 of 154 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2019, 04:39
CUG
Legend
 
CUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2000
Location: Melbourne Australia
Teams: Juventus
Posts: 17,028
When Conte walked out and Allegri was hired these forums went into meltdown wrecking of disappointment. Seems to be happening again.

Sarri is not the best going around but other options such as BS rumours of Pep, Klopp or even Poch...are not even possible right now.

I will leave my judgement until I see performances under Sarri. Clear as day no one was happy with our performances under Allegri this season regardless of winning lo scudetto. We were humiliated by teenagers in the CL. We haven't been able to create a shit in a toilet all season. Let's accept a change was needed and give Sarri a chance to prove if he is good enough or not.
CUG is offline  
post #93 of 154 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2019, 07:14
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 08 2016
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Disappointing if true, but as i said at the beginning, there were never many options to begin with.



I was harbouring some hope of Pochettino wanting to move on after this season but that always seemed like a remote possibility.
But if I may ask, what's the difference between Pochettino and Sarri? Is Pochettino even better? Not to me. Both basically won nothing prior to Sarri's EL triumph. Both play attractive football. Poch even had the advantage of playing in a rich league with plenty money, with the perfect conditions and such (yeah they didn't spend last year), for five years without a trophy. I dare say Sarri's teams play better. Ironically I feel if Sarri weren't Italian maybe people may rate him higher.

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
Inas_ is offline  
post #94 of 154 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 04:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Nero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
Posts: 17,411
Pochettino is not my ideal candidate, but he is the best out of the realistic options who could be available. I agree, i think the fact he has not won a major title plays against him.

However, we have to put that in context and that is he has not had a lot of funds to work with on the transfer market. In fact, Tottenham have gone entire mercati without bringing anyone new of consequence, and he has still found a way to make Tottenham competitive despite this massive disadvantage. It is true that he has not lost any major players during his tenure, but when he has to compete against teams like Man City and Liverpool for the title, and the other big European clubs in the CL which are spending 50-80m on a single player, and Tottenham are not spending at all, you realise the scale of his accomplishments.

I still think he is much superior coach to Sarri and i think with our resources, he could compete at the highest level and win a lot of titles with us.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
Nero is offline  
post #95 of 154 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:10
van
Community Manager
Legend
 
van's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 12,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Pochettino is not my ideal candidate, but he is the best out of the realistic options who could be available. I agree, i think the fact he has not won a major title plays against him.

However, we have to put that in context and that is he has not had a lot of funds to work with on the transfer market. In fact, Tottenham have gone entire mercati without bringing anyone new of consequence, and he has still found a way to make Tottenham competitive despite this massive disadvantage. It is true that he has not lost any major players during his tenure, but when he has to compete against teams like Man City and Liverpool for the title, and the other big European clubs in the CL which are spending 50-80m on a single player, and Tottenham are not spending at all, you realise the scale of his accomplishments.

I still think he is much superior coach to Sarri and i think with our resources, he could compete at the highest level and win a lot of titles with us.
I'm curious, Nero, who is your ideal candidate?

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
van is offline  
post #96 of 154 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 09:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Nero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
Posts: 17,411
I'm not sure there is an ideal candidate out there right now, every top coach seems to a have particular flaw. Pep can't seem to crack the CL even with a stacked team, Klopp can't seem to win the league despite ample resources, Conte is too impatient and capricious, Mourinho has lost his touch, etc.

I'd say perhaps the closest to an ideal candidate from who's coaching currently would be Simeone or Zidane.

Simeone has proven he can do amazing things even with limited resources at Atletico, Zidane's track record speaks for itself, even with a very talent Real, they underachieved until he found a way to unlock their potential.

I'd put Pochettino a level below, simply because even if he's done brilliantly with limited resources, he's not been able to win a major trophy. And he's had his chances, like the year Leicester won the EPL, and the CL final this year. It seems he may lack something to get teams over the line.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
Nero is offline  
post #97 of 154 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 14:58
Xtratime Legend
 
Johan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Lulea
Teams: Milan
Posts: 23,776
Sarri going to you is a clear disappointment. Now you suddenly gonna be both attractive and successful. Obviously you will win the league next season (few managers would fail there), while europe really is 50% a lottery.

With Juventus Sarri also got both the patience and resources needed to get his football going, so as someone that dont really like Juve I can only hope that he get in conflict with key players. Because if there is something that would make him fail then it is that. All IMO of course.
Johan is offline  
post #98 of 154 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 15:42
Administrators
Xtratime Elite
 
Osman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: Uppsala, Sverige
Teams: Juve
Posts: 51,636
I can do without Sarris extremely low class behaviour and incredibly inflexible and naively unsuccessful one track approach. Better attacking is only plus, everything else would expect a downgrade.


Call me a dreamer but im still holding out for the Pep Guardiola approach to pan out.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
Osman is offline  
post #99 of 154 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 15:57
van
Community Manager
Legend
 
van's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Teams: A.C. Milan
Posts: 12,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
I'm not sure there is an ideal candidate out there right now, every top coach seems to a have particular flaw. Pep can't seem to crack the CL even with a stacked team, Klopp can't seem to win the league despite ample resources, Conte is too impatient and capricious, Mourinho has lost his touch, etc.

I'd say perhaps the closest to an ideal candidate from who's coaching currently would be Simeone or Zidane.

Simeone has proven he can do amazing things even with limited resources at Atletico, Zidane's track record speaks for itself, even with a very talent Real, they underachieved until he found a way to unlock their potential.

I'd put Pochettino a level below, simply because even if he's done brilliantly with limited resources, he's not been able to win a major trophy. And he's had his chances, like the year Leicester won the EPL, and the CL final this year. It seems he may lack something to get teams over the line.
I see. I thought you had someone among the most immediately available in mind.

I agree with your evaluation of all those guys, though perhaps I’d be more generous with Klopp in particular. He won the league in Germany of all places, and this year missed because City made a ridiculous amount of points.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
van is offline  
post #100 of 154 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2019, 18:26
Xtratime Legend
 
Johan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Lulea
Teams: Milan
Posts: 23,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
I can do without Sarris extremely low class behaviour and incredibly inflexible and naively unsuccessful one track approach. Better attacking is only plus, everything else would expect a downgrade.

Call me a dreamer but im still holding out for the Pep Guardiola approach to pan out.
Behaviour is one thing, but I find it curious how almost all the Juve fans call him out on tactics and even call it "unsuccessful" when it has proved quite successful. Certainly it has grabbed him results and both his teams (before Chelsea now) performed over their weight/status, which would directly means his tactics brought success.
Inas_ likes this.
Johan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome