ALLEGRI OOOUUTTTTTTTTTTT, SARRI IN - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 119 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2019, 20:23
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
because defense is aging, Buffon left, midfield options are thin. What will decide next seasons more than the manager (Juve will be able to get a capable manager) is this summer's mercato
we played 2 CL finals in 3 years with almost entirely different line ups. We will still have the best squad in Italy by some margin even without doing anything substantial in the market,but we will do what is necessary. For CL obviously we need upgrade in some sense, for the record i dont think Pep is this upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 119 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2019, 20:40
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
we played 2 CL finals in 3 years with almost entirely different line ups. We will still have the best squad in Italy by some margin even without doing anything substantial in the market,but we will do what is necessary. For CL obviously we need upgrade in some sense, for the record i dont think Pep is this upgrade.
The point is that you will need to have a good mercato in order to prevent decline, which I define pretty generally. I also don't think Serie A is in question next season unless you get a clueless manager.
post #63 of 119 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2019, 22:24
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
EDIT: I deleted this message

It was a bit disrespectful and I'm not into s*t-slinging on other team's forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.

Last edited by red; May 23rd, 2019 at 10:34.

post #64 of 119 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 10:17
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Would be great even for Serie A in general but I'll believe it when I see it....
Not easy but the news been nonstop past 2 days to not be a possibility at this point. Constant background or close sources chatter. This article for example is not a sport news agency even, but main general news agency:

One of Italy’s leading news agencies is reporting Juventus will appoint Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola as their new Coach on June 4.
According to Agenzia Giornalistica Italia (AGI), Guardiola has agreed a four-year contract with Juve worth €24m a season.
AGI adds he will put pen to paper on June 4, before being officially unveiled 10 days later.
That corresponds to the line run by Radio Sportiva, as well as Onda Cero’s claim that the Catalan was in Milan on Tuesday talking to Fabio Paratici.
It could also explain why tickets to enter the J-Museum and tour the Allianz Stadium have suddenly been removed from sale for June 14.
The 48-year-old is the runaway favourite amongst English bookmakers, with William Hill pricing him as low as 4/6.
“It would depend on him, I don’t know, because he’s not a manager who likes to stay for more than three or four years,” Pablo Zabaleta, who played under Pep at City during the 2016-17 campaign, told BeIN Sports.
“He is such a passionate person. When you see he’s been with Barcelona for no more than four years, three years I think with Bayern Munich, and he can stay at City for as many years as he wishes.
“He would be difficult to replace, especially when you see how the team is playing at the moment. Everyone seems to be enjoying it and I hope he can stay for many years.”

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #65 of 119 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 10:31
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Who's moving the goal posts now? It's not about their status as a determiner of Conte joining (what does that even mean?), it's debunking this nonsense that you're spewing that Chelsea were so far behind the rest of the contenders for the title, that Conte, in all his magnanimity, bestowed divine mercy on them by deciding to join them, and performed a miracle by suddenly making them title winners.

Chelsea under Abrahamovic has always been a top team which has invested a lot in being competitive, Conte knew full well that he'd be able to contend based on the quality of the squad at the time and the additional investments that would be made after he was appointed.

Even then he wasn't satisfied.

You comparing that to Inter, in its present state is a laughable notion. Conte joining Inter would truly be charity.

Anyway, I'll be the bigger man here and meet you halfway... you're accusing me of being deliberately obtuse and I'm doing the same... so this is pointless. Although I admit I probably wasn't massively respectful from the outset, but whatever....

You are right, Chelsea were a better bet for an EPL title when Conte joined them (note the relevant point in time here: this is why I am not accepting your inclusion of Conte's 1st season in this debate - we are talking about Conte's decision making process at the time of choosing a job) than Inter are to win the Scudetto next season. I never disputed that. However, very few people fancied Chelsea to actually take the title that season. It surprised a lot of people and football figures in England still talk about Conte as a "genius" due to his switch to 3-4-3 and getting title-winning performances out of players like Victor Moses, David Luiz and Marcos Alonso. No one saw that coming.

The point is, the two situations are not light years apart. Juve will lose a Scudetto soon. Not next season, but soon. This has to be Conte's thinking. Juve will begin to go through some sort of transition next season without Allegri AND there is the fact that Suning have clearly promised Conte a lot of money on the market.... Inter will surely have the 2nd best squad, man-for-man, in Italy next season.

Two other things to bear in mind:

1) He has accepted Inter's offer, end of. Call it "charity" or whatever you want... although at 10 million a season I wouldn't really call it that....I call it Conte seeing promise in the project. Maybe that faith is misplaced - only time will tell.

2) He has turned down the huge "high profile" job offers you are suggesting he should be taking, i.e. Real Madrid. I am guessing he has also turned down PSG at least once as well.

Will he win Serie A next season with Inter? No, of course not. But a 2nd place finish within, say, 10-points of Juve, would be considered a huge success by absolutely everyone at Inter. Conte no doubt believes he can deliver that and potentially run Juve close within 3 years.

Maybe he gets the same kick out of this idea (resurrecting a fallen giant) that he got when he took over at Juve all those years ago? If he isn't thinking along these lines then why didn't he take the Real Madrid job?
post #66 of 119 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 10:38
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Not easy but the news been nonstop past 2 days to not be a possibility at this point. Constant background or close sources chatter. This article for example is not a sport news agency even, but main general news agency:

One of Italy’s leading news agencies is reporting Juventus will appoint Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola as their new Coach on June 4.
According to Agenzia Giornalistica Italia (AGI), Guardiola has agreed a four-year contract with Juve worth €24m a season.
AGI adds he will put pen to paper on June 4, before being officially unveiled 10 days later.
That corresponds to the line run by Radio Sportiva, as well as Onda Cero’s claim that the Catalan was in Milan on Tuesday talking to Fabio Paratici.
It could also explain why tickets to enter the J-Museum and tour the Allianz Stadium have suddenly been removed from sale for June 14.
The 48-year-old is the runaway favourite amongst English bookmakers, with William Hill pricing him as low as 4/6.
“It would depend on him, I don’t know, because he’s not a manager who likes to stay for more than three or four years,” Pablo Zabaleta, who played under Pep at City during the 2016-17 campaign, told BeIN Sports.
“He is such a passionate person. When you see he’s been with Barcelona for no more than four years, three years I think with Bayern Munich, and he can stay at City for as many years as he wishes.
“He would be difficult to replace, especially when you see how the team is playing at the moment. Everyone seems to be enjoying it and I hope he can stay for many years.”

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I can't see it happening but who knows. I've never in my life heard of this AGI agency that is reporting this inside scoop... but stranger things have happened..

Just as with the Ronaldo signing I would mostly just see it as a plus for the league TBH. I think Guardiola made Pochettino, Klopp and their respective boards step up a level because he really is the best in the business and just keeps getting better. I can only see that being good for Serie A.

Quote:

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #67 of 119 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 14:57
Legend

Sarri seems the prime target now. Things must have really soured between Allegri and the players for you to fall on a guy that reminds me too much of Spaletti. It might be good for rugani, but football Italia also states might mean return of Higuain (yuck)
post #68 of 119 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 22:33
Star Player

It is difficult to predict who will be hired but there a few hints that it could be Pep Guardiola afterall:

- The source of this rumour started from Momblano, the same source that started the crazy Cristiano transfer and the same source that confirmed Allegri's exit...

- Pep Guardiola visiting Abu Dhabi to meet with Manchester City's owner, Shiekh Mansour, could possibly be a good bye visit as Pep pays him alot of respect and wouldn't want to leave without such a visit...

- Juve are listed at the stock market and it makes sense to keep the rumours swirling for as long as possible to milk the increase in share price, something that happened last summer with Cristiano's transfer... that explains the leak to Momblano (again) and not a credible source like Sky, to keep the rumour alive for as long as possible....

- If Pep really leaves City, the best possible candidate for them is Pochettino... that is why nothing will likely be announced until after the CL final at least...

- Pep already completed 3 years at City, almost the same tenure with Bayern and Barca (4 years) which spells a new challenge for him and possibly the last chance for him to manage a team that has Cristiano... a player that he respects alot and is the closest to Messi...

Those are just hints and tidbits that could amount to really nothing, so let us wait and see what will the official announcement be as even with Sarri we could finally play that attacking flowing football that we have lacked in the last 8 years between Conte and Allegri... while Inzaghi is very promising too and could be into somehing

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #69 of 119 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 22:47
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
... as even with Sarri we could finally play that attacking flowing football that we have lacked in the last 8 years between Conte and Allegri... while Inzaghi is very promising too and could be into somehing
Just out of curiosity, who would you say had Juve playing that attacking flowing football you’re referring to?
post #70 of 119 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 22:53
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Just out of curiosity, who would you say had Juve playing that attacking flowing football you’re referring to?
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear... I meant had us win AND play attacking football at the same time... maybe Lippi at few of the seasons were he had the best squads

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #71 of 119 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 23:01
World Class Player

I don’t recall Lippi’s sides playing attacking flowing football, to be honest. Guardiola would be quite a revolution.
post #72 of 119 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 23:23
Star Player

Quote:
I don’t recall Lippi’s sides playing attacking flowing football, to be honest. Guardiola would be quite a revolution.
Just curious, would you take back Allegri at Milan?

post #73 of 119 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 23:27
World Class Player

Yes, in a heartbeat.
post #74 of 119 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 02:14
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Really thought this was photoshop but no

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5qSI9o..._web_copy_link
post #75 of 119 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 02:38
van
Community Manager
Legend

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #76 of 119 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 12:35
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
This is what I say to us hiring that village idiot Sarri:

P.S This was one of his nicer days, he has had so many insanely low class pathetic peasant moments it beggars belief, without even considering his coaching pedigree, he shouldnt be a candidate on personality alone.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #77 of 119 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 12:46
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
post #78 of 119 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 14:53
Legend

Juve should have changed the players rather than the coach if the main option is sarri
post #79 of 119 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 18:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Yes, in a heartbeat.

Soon the juventini will miss him too.
post #80 of 119 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 08:58
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
It is difficult to predict who will be hired but there a few hints that it could be Pep Guardiola afterall:

- The source of this rumour started from Momblano, the same source that started the crazy Cristiano transfer and the same source that confirmed Allegri's exit...

- Pep Guardiola visiting Abu Dhabi to meet with Manchester City's owner, Shiekh Mansour, could possibly be a good bye visit as Pep pays him alot of respect and wouldn't want to leave without such a visit...

- Juve are listed at the stock market and it makes sense to keep the rumours swirling for as long as possible to milk the increase in share price, something that happened last summer with Cristiano's transfer... that explains the leak to Momblano (again) and not a credible source like Sky, to keep the rumour alive for as long as possible....

- If Pep really leaves City, the best possible candidate for them is Pochettino... that is why nothing will likely be announced until after the CL final at least...

- Pep already completed 3 years at City, almost the same tenure with Bayern and Barca (4 years) which spells a new challenge for him and possibly the last chance for him to manage a team that has Cristiano... a player that he respects alot and is the closest to Messi...

Those are just hints and tidbits that could amount to really nothing, so let us wait and see what will the official announcement be as even with Sarri we could finally play that attacking flowing football that we have lacked in the last 8 years between Conte and Allegri... while Inzaghi is very promising too and could be into somehing
There is absolutely zero talk of this in the English press. It won't happen this summer.

But I can very easily see him going to Serie A (Juve) within 2/3 years - either when his contract runs out at City or if City get hit with CL and transfer bans beyond next season

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in