Rising Star

CL: Quarter Final: Juve - Ajax Apr 16th 2019

what you think
please discuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2019, 21:01
Star Player

de Jong was subbed early today as a precaution today, is a doubt but their manager said that it was just a precaution so he could recover for Tuesday night

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 06:42
Star Player

Dybala favourite to start

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 20:40
International

The equalizer is on Allegri entirely, he decided to start MDS for being supposedly more sound defensively and he thanked him by jogging aimlessy put de beek onside
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 21:45
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Bonucci and Rugani suck
ToniSamp likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 21:48
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Cant defend, and string 3 passes together, only play aimless crosses or hope for Corners. Good bye Allegri. It was a fantastic run for many years. Thanks for everything, but I hope you are man enough to resign.
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 02:00
Legend

Allegri to inter and there would start your slow demise, were it not for your proprietary stadium
ToniSamp likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 13:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
I've said for a while now, that Allegri is not the person to bring us forward and that he has taken us as far as he could take us, and that there were only diminishing returns in the future.

Many people disagreed, do they agree now? After this shambolic performance, this utter embarrassment, getting roundly outplayed in our own stadium, looking totally clueless, just putting out the most disgustingly bad performance. The scoreline is flattering to us, we could have gotten destroyed on the scoreboard, we got destroyed on the pitch by a bunch of youngsters. No gameplan, no strategy, couldn't string basic passes, couldn't keep possession, couldn't defend at all.

Where are the Allegri cheerleaders now?

I thank him for what he's done, what he's achieved, but it's time to go, bucko.

Vamoose, scram. Beat it.

Also, dishonourable mentions:

Pjanic: I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was a rumor that we might sell him for 100m a few years back. A lot of people were outraged about the fact that I thought that was a good deal. He's been complete and utter garbage this season, a complete liability in possession, can't do much defensively, doesn't do much offensively nowadays, and worse yet, loses the ball in dangerous positions all the ****ing time. Tell him to **** off already.

Dybala: We all love him, we do. But this guy is getting paid a king's ransom and he just isn't good enough at the highest level for whatever reason, his slight physique, his lack of pace, lack of determination, I don't really care anymore. He's not worth 7.5m a year, he's barely worth half of that. Sell him for big money, bring in someone who can take on defenders and beat them for pace.

Bonucci: Once again, many thought that bringing him back and sacrificing Caldara was a good move. Well, he's shown himself to be past it already, and we sold him for a good amount, and saw him decline, but for some reason, decided to bring him back. Why? No one really knows, he's done.

Chiellini is 34 and injury prone, why weren't any resources spent on bringing in a decent defender? Rugani barely plays for years, then gets entrusted to be a starter, and you wonder why our defence falters?

If we go into next season with Allegri in charge, I'm done with this team for now.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro

Last edited by Nero; April 17th, 2019 at 14:03.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 13:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Honest question, what coach would you hire?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 13:59
Legend

The truth is the team without Mandzukic and Chiellini has no heart and soul. And look at that midfield, which was pointed out as your weakness for years already and instead you got CR7 and Higuain. But yeah, blame Allegri, one of the best managers on the planet.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 14:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
I'm sorry, but while our midfield is not great it's hardly awful either. These guys are all internationals, we lack something more to have an elite midfield, but it's hardly piss poor.

That's no reason to deflect blame from Allegri for not preparing us at all for this game and for other big games in the CL.

I knew when we lost that game at home to Man Utd in the group stage that nothing had changed and we would underachieve again.

He does not know how to set up to win important games like this one on a consistent basis.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 19:01
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Honest question, what coach would you hire?
Someone from abroad, although its not Juve way. I would take Descahmps back, or lets say Jardim.

Allegri is great at reacting and adapting at different circumstance, but at the same time, we have some amazing dip of form with him in charge, when he seems unable to react at whats happening - against Atletico away this season we could have conceded 5 goals in the second half, yesterday we were lucky Ajax didnt score 4 goals for 30 minutes, there was Tottenham at home since the 30th minutes last year, the cl final against real and so on and so on. The players change, the coach remains the same, his explanations - too.

I like Allegri a lot, but yesterday result was exceptionally bad and his excuses (bad luck, injuries) were bad too.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 19:30
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

He needs to go, its time, there's no two ways about it. I dont think he will tho.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 19:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Deleting DNA posts Ozzie? 😄 Can you then promise never to make any of your smart posts in the Milan forum anymore? Or delete any juve fans posts there as well? drunk with XT power , aren’t we?
humanTORCH likes this.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 20:11
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

If you come to discuss (smartass or not) you are welcome, if you are here to only troll and gloat, as those posts were, it will be instant deletion. If anyone does the same in Milan forum, me or any other mod can take care of it.

If I was drunk with power you would been blocked ages ago from Juve forum since your only intention in this section has allways been to show how much you hate Juve, rarely ever offered anything to discuss.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 21:02
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
I'm sorry, but while our midfield is not great it's hardly awful either. These guys are all internationals, we lack something more to have an elite midfield, but it's hardly piss poor.

That's no reason to deflect blame from Allegri for not preparing us at all for this game and for other big games in the CL.

I knew when we lost that game at home to Man Utd in the group stage that nothing had changed and we would underachieve again.

He does not know how to set up to win important games like this one on a consistent basis.
Have to agree in general here. That midfield is actually pretty damn good, and at any rate on paper it's better than Ajax's, even if they have promising players. Pjanic- Matuidi - Emre is rock solid, and most managers would definitely pick that over De Jong - Schöne - Van de Beek. The same is true for every line really.

The problem is more that they couldn't even remotely dominate that second half when they needed to put pressure, that someone like Dybala can be this poor in such a big game, and as someone just wrote before you perhaps lacked key leaders (but it's as if guys like Can or Ronaldo are not also very strong personalities). Also playing De Sciglio over Cancelo is just baffling to me. All that is on Allegri.

I have to say though,moe than anything this Ajax team just looks brilliant, and was particularly good last night. It's hard not to focus on your own team but they have been looking just unstoppable. And still, I'd add that, in rather typical fashion, against the run of play, you were not that far from giving them a good scare.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 22:35
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Someone from abroad, although its not Juve way. I would take Descahmps back, or lets say Jardim.

Allegri is great at reacting and adapting at different circumstance, but at the same time, we have some amazing dip of form with him in charge, when he seems unable to react at whats happening - against Atletico away this season we could have conceded 5 goals in the second half, yesterday we were lucky Ajax didnt score 4 goals for 30 minutes, there was Tottenham at home since the 30th minutes last year, the cl final against real and so on and so on. The players change, the coach remains the same, his explanations - too.

I like Allegri a lot, but yesterday result was exceptionally bad and his excuses (bad luck, injuries) were bad too.
Deschamps has contract with France till euro 2020 and latest reports say extended when they qualify.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 22:36
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Have to agree in general here. That midfield is actually pretty damn good, and at any rate on paper it's better than Ajax's, even if they have promising players. Pjanic- Matuidi - Emre is rock solid, and most managers would definitely pick that over De Jong - Schöne - Van de Beek. The same is true for every line really.

The problem is more that they couldn't even remotely dominate that second half when they needed to put pressure, that someone like Dybala can be this poor in such a big game, and as someone just wrote before you perhaps lacked key leaders (but it's as if guys like Can or Ronaldo are not also very strong personalities). Also playing De Sciglio over Cancelo is just baffling to me. All that is on Allegri.

I have to say though,moe than anything this Ajax team just looks brilliant, and was particularly good last night. It's hard not to focus on your own team but they have been looking just unstoppable. And still, I'd add that, in rather typical fashion, against the run of play, you were not that far from giving them a good scare.
Cancelo was reason we conseeded in the first leg. The guy who played on his side terrorised him all game.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 22:49
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I know. But he also created your goal, no? De Sciglio was just as bad defensively, and a zero in attack. Just IMO of course, and I am tremendously biased against De Sciglio.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 23:01
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Not just your opinion, majority of Juve fans were appalled De Sciglio started the match.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in