Transfer Market 2018/2019 - Xtratime Community
 223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 05:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Transfer Market 2018/2019

I really think we should have a new thread. It is a new day. If people disagree, just merge.

Just to get the ball rolling, here are my preferences, I think.

Needs: Nothing major, unless we sell/let go current stars. I am assuming that Pirlo leaves and Tevez stays. I am also assuming that Pogba stays another season to star in a known environment leading up to the EURO 16 in France.

Desirable:
Goal: Backup for Buffon. If he has his mind set on trying for another WC, there is no point in looking for a genuine starter option until the wheels start falling off. In such a scenario we should just keep on keeping tabs on young guys and as Storari seems like he would like to continue with us, we should probably let him.

Upgrades/future options at the wingbacks - I think this is our biggest weakness, especially as we don't have anyone to really challenge D's from out wide. We need some guys who can offer offensive help on the fullbacks when we are being stiffled down the middle.
Baba from Augsburg apparently is targeted for RB - he seems promising. I would also like Rafael from United who is likely to be let go. Injury problems there, but he is 24 years old and a real difference maker when healthy. If we can sell Caceres and Isla, that could pay most of such a RB move, unless the club decides to be in on Darmian. I think the costs there will be prohibitive, also compared to his quality - which is quite high, but he is also overrated IMO because he is one of the only good Italians in circulation. If we cannot sell Caceres though, then really there is little reason to make a move for RB.
On the left back.... Evra looks set for another season and Asamoah is likely going to be converted to LB often given our options for the midfield. If that is the case, we can probably wait to address this position for a year, as otherwise we simply clutter the roster. If we could spot a great young LB talent to sign and loan out, that would make very good sense though.

Central defense: Would really like Rugani to join, but it depends also on how much playing time would be accorded him. If we keep on playing 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3, I doubt there would be much space for more than 4 CD's and in that case we should probably have to sell one before taking Rugani in makes sense. Ogbonna is of course the most likely candidate. Selling him now would however guarantee a significant loss, and I don't think he is without hope for the future. Anyway...

Midfield: Nothing is "needed". A trequartista would be nice, but as things are gearing up, we will likely be in a situation where we will often use a striker/forward there. Both to keep players happy and because it could be explosive. No point in acquiring a trequartista to make expensive strikers sulk on the bench. I like the idea of Khedira joining on a free. With Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Sturaro, Pereyra and Asamoah, that should be well and truly enough. And of course Padoin will be an inferior but useful option, as that trusted "where do you need me, coach?" kind of player, that Gianlucca Pessotto personified. Marrone.... well, he likely lost too much time to ever be what was hoped. Pawn to be used, I'm afraid.

Forwards: Tevez, Morata, Dybala, Berardi, Zaza? Kinda monstrous, really. Perhaps one should be loaned somewhere else to insure playing time, something that will in all probability happen with Coman - and as much as I'd have liked it if we could grow him ourselves... well, we don't have a
Juve B in serieB like Barca, Bayern etc. etc. do - nor a star studded reserve league like in England.
Matri could stay as a 5th choice if it makes financial sense and for instance Berardi is kept at Sassuolo on loan. Llorente should be sold for as much as we can get.

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related

Last edited by Glen; May 25th, 2015 at 06:14.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 08:26
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
yeah im getting sick of seeing kovac and giannichedda as joining us when i look at this website on my smart phone. so good idea Glen.
post #3 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 09:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
I really think a proper trequartista is an important improvement we need especially for our formation and the way we play. We need that increase in quality in the final third.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro

post #4 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 09:40
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
I really think a proper trequartista is an important improvement we need especially for our formation and the way we play. We need that increase in quality in the final third.
I agree, trequartista is the one position where I believe we have most room for improvement. With the money spent on Dybala I don't believe we'll be going after someone costly though.

I wonder what Tevez could do in that position with a whole preseason working on it.
post #5 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 09:42
World Class Player

Ha, so this summer it's Arsenal for Vidal .
post #6 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 09:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't really disagree..... BUT if you presuppose a midfield trio of Pogba, Vidal and Marchisio, and you have Tevez, Morata and Dybala (never mind Berardi if that happens).... who sits to make room for a trequartista?

post #7 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 10:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Tevez will be around at best for another year to fulfill his contract, after which Dybala will take his place over in the line-up, and i don't think he is coming with the notion that he will be an immediate starter next season.

I think there's plenty of space for a trequartista. I agree with Hasuni, the likelihood will be we will have a limited budget for one but we can try to find someone a bit cheap and promising.

This is easily the position we need the biggest boost in quality apart from as you mentioned our fullbacks.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #8 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 10:48
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
I disagree, please merge.
post #9 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 11:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Tevez will be around at best for another year to fulfill his contract, after which Dybala will take his place over in the line-up, and i don't think he is coming with the notion that he will be an immediate starter next season.
We are paying 30-40 million euro for him.... If he doesn't expect to start the club certainly does, IMO. It's the most expensive player we've purchased since the barage post-Zizou after all.

As our forward options look to be significantly better next year than they have been this season, with a more mature Morata and Dybala better than what we've had.... I really think the question of what we do after Tevez is something to figure out... after Tevez.

Besides... the idea of the trequartista, so dear to my heart..... isn't that rather dead, if we are being honest? Even Messi is more prolific when his starting position is out wide. Ronaldo, Robben, Ribery, Hazard, Neymar etc. are other marquee names who drift from such a starting point.

Fekir to mention one of the desirable young playmakers, same thing. I mean - who are we really talking about when talking about a trequartista one would want these days?

OR should we just say attacking midfielder with lots of creativity?

post #10 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 11:13
Xtratime Legend

Isnt Dybala supposed to be long term Tevez replacement anyway.
post #11 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 11:17
Forum Manager
Legend

We paid 20m for Morata and he did not start the season as a starter either. Why should Dybala assume he will become an instant starter? That's not how it works, he has to earn it. And we all know he was bought with the view of replacing Tevez permanently once he leaves after next season.

Besides, he will get his chances to play with rotation.

I'm using the label of trequartista loosely to encompass playmaker/attacking midfielder, the semantics are not really what interest me.

Ideally, the kind of player i'd like is someone similar in style and substance to Hazard.

The traditional playmaker is i agree dead, what we need is an AM who is quick, good on the ball and has the ability to make the killer last pass.

And that is something we lack greatly.

-Stefano Sturaro
post #12 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 11:45
Premier Player

Teams: Juventus forverer...
We could use a 4-3-3 formation with Dybala-Morata-Tevez upfront??? Tevez is a hardworker and Morata seems to have great mobility too. I dont know about Dybala. But could be a solution to play everyone
post #13 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 12:46
Forum Manager
Legend

I just don't see a trident happening. Also because Tevez does not like staying in one spot, he likes to roam and move deep and if we're playing a front 3 he will have to be more disciplined in his position if we have only 3 midfielders.

It also doesn't seem to be a formation popular with Italian teams. I don't think they like giving up the extra midfield cover.

-Stefano Sturaro
post #14 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 13:07
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Hey, the other thread has nostalgic value for me

And oh we arent gonna play 3 forwards, nothing suggests that IMO. Plus dont have the depth for it, considering we are selling Llorente, retiring Pepe, loaning out Coman etc. At best I can see Zaza coming (not Berardi sadly) or Matri staying. Not enough depth for 3 man attack formation. Plus Tevez does not like playing wide nor does it suits him, as it would in trio that needs wing forwards.

I know its unlikely, but its so much easier to just sign a proper AM and have Dybala be the first rotation option off the bench. With losing Pirlo we will lose the extra creativity with final balls, so need proper creative outlet in the final third, likes of Firmino/Pastore/Oscar types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasuni View Post
Ha, so this summer it's Arsenal for Vidal .
As reply to their eventual bid, we should send this picture gallery as response to them

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #15 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 13:56 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
We paid 20m for Morata and he did not start the season as a starter either.
More than anything that was because he got injured long term in pre-season training.... it certainly wasn't Llorente or anyone else non-Tevez being too hot to handle.

Quote:
Why should Dybala assume he will become an instant starter? That's not how it works, he has to earn it.
...and again I will counter by saying that he is the biggest signing we have made in a decade, moneywise. It matters.

Quote:
I'm using the label of trequartista loosely to encompass playmaker/attacking midfielder, the semantics are not really what interest me. Ideally, the kind of player i'd like is someone similar in style and substance to Hazard.
Fair enough. For me "trequartista" has particular meaning, not least for a team with the versions we've had.

Back to my objection.... with us paying what we did for Dybala, and what we will pay for Berardi (if nothing else to maintain control of him, never mind if he is on the roster), as well as some kind of expense for Khedira or another midfielder to replace Pirlo as regards capable starter material, never mind likely also making one purchase for the defense - perhaps a wing back - is it likely that we can find the money to also get someone good enough that it is preferable keeping a player like Dybala (and/or Berardi) on the bench?

Because that is the tradeoff here. I assume you will be quick to agree that a Tevez/Morata/Dybala trident is preferable to playing Pereyra as an AM/playmaker. Or Vidal in that position for instance (will be an option from time to time anyway). Unless the player coming in is really good (not Shaqiri), I think it would be better to play three strikers, at least until the Tevez leaving scenario is upon us.

Quote:
The traditional playmaker is i agree dead, what we need is an AM who is quick, good on the ball and has the ability to make the killer last pass.

And that is something we lack greatly.
Well, domestic double and CL final notwithstanding.... in principle I would like such a player too.

But even Barca have to make do to keep their star players happy. If Messi or Neymar are not there, you get Pedro, OK (and he likely wants to leave to get first team football). After that.... nothing. There is not even an out and out striker there should Suarez be unavailable... then they put Messi up front. Ultimately, you have to accept very much declining returns on the forwards if you want to maintain a long line of them and only wants to play two in the startling lineup. Juventus habitually have five, and it is always the death of one or two of them career wise. Except when Lippi played DP, Vialli and Ravanelli of course, with Amoruso a talented youngster and Padovano who didn't complain.

post #16 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 14:04
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Trident would make little more sense if we retain Berardi, but latest news is we will sell our half of him to Sassuolo with buy back option over next two summers, like we did with Zaza.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #17 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 14:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
And oh we arent gonna play 3 forwards, nothing suggests that IMO. Plus dont have the depth for it, considering we are selling Llorente, retiring Pepe, loaning out Coman etc. At best I can see Zaza coming (not Berardi sadly) or Matri staying. Not enough depth for 3 man attack formation.
I'll repeat the Barca example to you also then. They play the nastiest trident in modern history. The only listed forward who can sub for them: Pedro, a winger.

Real? Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale starting....
Jese and Chico.

And yes, both these teams have attacking mids in a way that we don't, Real much more so, and attacking wing backs.... but it doesn't change the numbers game.

Bayern.... OK. Now THERE is depth. To the point that Goetze must be wondering what the hell he is doing there, even being benched with Robben and Ribery out.

post #18 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 14:51
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

I hope you are right, but we are fans of an italian team, and only time we played with 3 forwards is the first season I started supported this team 20 years ago. I mean Allegri's version of an attacking midfielder is playing hard runners like Boateng or Vidal/Pereyra instead of play wingers/extra attacker, hard to imagine he would go for 3 forwards as mainstay option. Plus neither of our forwards are technically natural wingers either as Bayerns and Reals started out as, even if Dybala would fit, he is still someone more dangerous centrally.

And the number game matters because it takes only 1 injury to foil our formation, for Real James plays wing/forward alot when Bale was gone, and Barca has bleak options but atleast has a Pedro which we dont. But yeah Barca are the ones who have the most freakish reliance on their trio being set to play an entire season, their fitness levels must be sick really.

post #19 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 14:54
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
More than anything that was because he got injured long term in pre-season training.... it certainly wasn't Llorente or anyone else non-Tevez being too hot to handle.
Now you seem to be being stubborn about this with that remark, when what i'm saying is the most non-controversial point ever. Morata had no expectation to be a straight starter, Dybala should not expect that either. He's a young player who's had a good season but is not established. If Dybala wants a starting place he will have to earn it the same way Morata did.

He will have chances to play, that i don't doubt at all regardless of the amount we paid for him.

Quote:
...and again I will counter by saying that he is the biggest signing we have made in a decade, moneywise. It matters.
And i will state for the record that you're attributing more to this factor than i think is logical, when we both know Tevez will be gone in a year, and that Dybala at his age and profile, is not going to kick up a fuss if he has to play second fiddle to a striking duo which could possibly net us a historic treble.

If he does, he doesn't have the right mentality for this club.

Quote:
Fair enough. For me "trequartista" has particular meaning, not least for a team with the versions we've had.

Back to my objection.... with us paying what we did for Dybala, and what we will pay for Berardi (if nothing else to maintain control of him, never mind if he is on the roster), as well as some kind of expense for Khedira or another midfielder to replace Pirlo as regards capable starter material, never mind likely also making one purchase for the defense - perhaps a wing back - is it likely that we can find the money to also get someone good enough that it is preferable keeping a player like Dybala (and/or Berardi) on the bench?

Because that is the tradeoff here. I assume you will be quick to agree that a Tevez/Morata/Dybala trident is preferable to playing Pereyra as an AM/playmaker. Or Vidal in that position for instance (will be an option from time to time anyway). Unless the player coming in is really good (not Shaqiri), I think it would be better to play three strikers, at least until the Tevez leaving scenario is upon us.
As i've said previously, there has been no indication recently that we're willing to play a trident up front. It limits Tevez into a more rigid role, and i think it goes contrary to one of the areas which has played into our success, namely dominating midfield. I also do not have the impression that Dybala is hardworking enough to play out wide in a trident.

Quote:
Well, domestic double and CL final notwithstanding.... in principle I would like such a player too.

But even Barca have to make do to keep their star players happy. If Messi or Neymar are not there, you get Pedro, OK (and he likely wants to leave to get first team football). After that.... nothing. There is not even an out and out striker there should Suarez be unavailable... then they put Messi up front. Ultimately, you have to accept very much declining returns on the forwards if you want to maintain a long line of them and only wants to play two in the startling lineup. Juventus habitually have five, and it is always the death of one or two of them career wise. Except when Lippi played DP, Vialli and Ravanelli of course, with Amoruso a talented youngster and Padovano who didn't complain.
But my point is not that i want great depth for the trequartista position, we already have guys like Pereyra and Vidal to deputize. My point is i want someone who is actually an AM to be the starter in our formation if it remains the same, because we lose a lot by playing players in that position who aren't suited to it like Vidal, or are patently not good enough to play it such as Pereyra.

And of course it rings hollow to say we won't have the funds to go for an AM, if we spend 13m on in the same mercato to secure Pereyra.

-Stefano Sturaro
post #20 of 9426 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 16:36
Xtratime Legend

One thing you guys ignore/forget regarding Morata not starting at start etc. Morata came from a different league/country. Anyway, i will repeat. Dybala was signed as long term Tevez replacement. Also if its 100% sure that he is signed, then we also did it to react. Next summer same time we might not have this opportunity when Tevez really does move on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in