Transfer Market 2018/2019 - Page 469 - Xtratime Community
 227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #9361 of 9547 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2019, 19:55
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Rakitic is good player but his 31. Not old of course but we have lot of 30s players. We should do another Pogba/Vidal type of signing. Get someone in their early 20s. Zaniolo has been mentioned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9362 of 9547 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2019, 23:22
Legend

You might as well sign a midfielder, though I hope you never sign another Italian player again lol. Some options would be that young dude at Cagliari and the other at brescia.
post #9363 of 9547 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2019, 20:01
Legend

Teams: Mark, PJ and Squi
James Woods level of moronic

&callback=loadx">

If no other reporting existed on Trump/Russia, the fact that the FBI started a CI investigation to determine whether or not the sitting president of the US was either comprised by or an agent of Russia, it would be the biggest political story...ever.

Soros is very, very rich and funds every SJW-cause imaginable. Those are facts, not a conspiracy.

I agree with him that this was a total setup

post #9364 of 9547 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 10:52
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: F.C. Juventus of Turin
It's a bit of banter, i wouldn't expect much else given he's an Arsenal legend.

One thing i don't think a lot of people seem to realize is that according to Ramsey, Arsenal were the ones who took their offer off the table for his contract renewal. And they never really explained why they did, and that's when he started listening to other offers.

And to be honest, maybe it has to do with his injury problems because i'm not quite sure it's sensible for us to sign him for the kind of money he's going to get given those issues.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #9365 of 9547 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 11:11
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
James Woods level of moronic

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #9366 of 9547 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 11:17
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post

One thing i don't think a lot of people seem to realize is that according to Ramsey, Arsenal were the ones who took their offer off the table for his contract renewal. And they never really explained why they did, and that's when he started listening to other offers.

And to be honest, maybe it has to do with his injury problems because i'm not quite sure it's sensible for us to sign him for the kind of money he's going to get given those issues.
I think the problem for Arsenal is that both Wenger and Unai Emery used to see Ramsey as an attacking midfielder, and they already have Ozil in that position who has just recently renewed his contract. Arsenal do not have the financial luxury of spending so much on players rarely playing.... However, just recently, Emery switched Ramsey into a more box-to-box midfield role and it worked wonders, where he won man of the match and showed his worth

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #9367 of 9547 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 11:32
Forum Manager
Legend

To be honest, it seems unclear how we would use him as well, given we mainly play 4-3-3 and we have issues already incorporating other players like Berna and D.Costa regularly.

Maybe as a box-to-box type player as you suggested in which he's impressed.

No one doubts Ramsey's qualities, it's whether he can stay healthy.

“Dogs celebrate on the corpses of lions, thinking they’ve won, but lions remain lions and dogs stay dogs"
-Stefano Sturaro
post #9368 of 9547 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2019, 11:37
Star Player

100% ....he will probably take Khedira/Can's place in the starting 11

post #9369 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 17:00
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
We basically agreed to sign Manolas for his 36m release clause that is active only after July 1st, not getting it done yet because they arent entirely convinced he is the main choice. Prolly waiting to see other options play out, De Ligt aint happening, but other possibilities can open up (Umtiti, Varane being adamant he wants to leave etc), options like this one:

&callback=loadx">

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #9370 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:30
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
I think the problem for Arsenal is that both Wenger and Unai Emery used to see Ramsey as an attacking midfielder, and they already have Ozil in that position who has just recently renewed his contract. Arsenal do not have the financial luxury of spending so much on players rarely playing.... However, just recently, Emery switched Ramsey into a more box-to-box midfield role and it worked wonders, where he won man of the match and showed his worth
I think it's much more to do with injuries and perhaps salary demands. Wenger used Ramsey in all kinds of roles, from box to box to RW, and clearly he was better at box to box always. He had brilliant runs of form for them, but then he'd get injured. The other issue is that he's not the most reliable guy in terms of form, has some bad patches.

Still, IMO should be a very good signing if he stays healthy. A very different option for that midfield from Can, Matuidi and Khedira, and another versatile player, which can be extremely handy for teams fighting in all competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
We basically agreed to sign Manolas for his 36m release clause that is active only after July 1st, not getting it done yet because they arent entirely convinced he is the main choice. Prolly waiting to see other options play out, De Ligt aint happening, but other possibilities can open up (Umtiti, Varane being adamant he wants to leave etc), options like this one:

That would suck balls.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #9371 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 23:50
Xtratime Legend

Surely there would be competition for Romagnoli. If we sign Manolas he could go back to Roma. And i think some foreign teams might be interested. Whats the deal with Varane? Who is Zidane playing there.
post #9372 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 05:10
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post

That would suck balls.

How do you rate him in top level CBs?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #9373 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 05:12
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Surely there would be competition for Romagnoli. If we sign Manolas he could go back to Roma. And i think some foreign teams might be interested. Whats the deal with Varane? Who is Zidane playing there.
Romagnoli would have competition but not that stiff, theres lots of high profile CBs around. What do you mean with the part of going back to Roma?

For Varane is not playing time, it's been indication he wants to move on elsewhere for unknown reason, Zidane even addressed it as soon as he came back, saying he will talk to him and want to keep him.

post #9374 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 09:55
Star Player

I think Manolas for 36m is a steal, specially with the prices quoted for other defenders like Koulibaly, de Ligt and for how much Van Djik was sold for....

post #9375 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 10:25
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Agreed, Manolas would be a good deal. Tho paying it for De ligt or Varane would be worth it, highest level quality and super young players (5 year difference between them but still).

post #9376 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 16:52
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
How do you rate him in top level CBs?

He's really stepped up during the last two seasons, and he's the kind of sober-yet-also-skillful CB that is the Italy/Milan signature. In his good days he is just a monster, seems to be everywhere the ball goes and doesn't lose a single challenge. Almost no mistakes from him usually.

However he is not as physically imposing as other great CBs can be, and has not yet reached that guru-type thing the best CBs have where they just make everyone around them look a lot better defensively. And occasionally he still loses it.

All in all he is an excellent CB, closing in to become among the very best and would look even better in a better team, but I think the likes of Van Dijk and a very select few others are still a level above IMO. Other than that, I think it would be hard to get a better one unless it's for record-breaking figures (or an opportunity signing like snapping Alderweireld or someone of that calibre in a tough contractual situation). So far, he is similar to what Thiago Silva was at his best, just lacks an old Nesta to play alongside. Also, for Juve, he's left-footed, which may not be an a ideal fit for Chiellini, who I imagine is not going anywhere for now.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #9377 of 9547 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 17:09
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Thanks for detailed report. I knew about left foot thing but Chiellini is 35 and more and more injury prone. Tho two lefties should be able to play for a little while. And yeah he is very very good to exceptional most times I seen him, but sometimes he seems so rash and temperamental. He is still very young (younger than Rugani), so has time to grow to complete monster, but not sure if he is tested in absolute highest level to be worth the huge sum Milan would demand.

post #9378 of 9547 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 12:05
Forum Manager
Legend

I always said even at the time, Roma selling Romagnoli was a mistake.

I think he will be difficult to get, both expensive and Milan will not want to sell to a direct rival, it will cast them as unambitious which never plays well with the fans and the media.

I think Manolas for 36m is much more realistic, he's a decent upgrade, not a world beater but a solid player with experience and good qualities.

We really need to improve our defensive options, I don't think we should stop at just one defender. I think we should try bringing in another as well.

-Stefano Sturaro
post #9379 of 9547 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 13:30
Legend

Yes, getting more defenders may be needed, especially with possible return of conte!
post #9380 of 9547 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 23:54
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Romagnoli would have competition but not that stiff, theres lots of high profile CBs around. What do you mean with the part of going back to Roma?

For Varane is not playing time, it's been indication he wants to move on elsewhere for unknown reason, Zidane even addressed it as soon as he came back, saying he will talk to him and want to keep him.

If we buy Manolas and Roma qualify for CL they can buy Romagnoli back. I dont think his rep is that big outside Italy. If Milan dont make CL they have to sell some players and Romagnoli would potentially prefer staying in Italy. My point is simply that if we buy Manolas Roma has a huge gap to fill but money and CL football to bring Romagnoli back. There are some reports from journalist sources i trust that Conte is going to Roma and that is also smth which could influence this. I dont think Conte will work with scrubs in defense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in