LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 192 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2019, 19:57
Greta joke sharer
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale
Quote:
Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
I think that's a little harsh. Yes Conte has some accountability but the players totally abandoned everything that was working for them only a few weeks ago.

Anyways I think even among the most optimistic pundits there was an understanding that Inter was going to have some growing pains with all the new additions.
We've played quite poorly in all games this season. The Lecce result was good, but Lecce we're matching Inter quite well until 2-0. Maybe Conte is just a shit coach, just throwing the idea out there. His Juve record accounts for pretty much nothing as they had no competition for the titles. But I'll admit that I didn't follow his Chelsea stint very closely.

Disclaimer: I have no evidence for Conte being shit. At the moment it's just a hypothesis that I'm working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 192 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2019, 20:03
Greta joke sharer
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale
I'd be less worried if there was at least one part of our gameplan that looks somewhat legit. But so far we're failing in all areas.

Build-up play stinks, we pass the ball back and forth between defenders until we panic and hoof the ball into the centre of the pitch, where we have Lukaku who can't control the ball for shit and the midfielders aren't on their toes ready to win loose balls.

We're pretty docile and static in the final third. Our pressing game works occasionally but totally collapses way too frequently and our defense in the final third is totally disorganized.

Still looks like Spalletti-ball to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
post #63 of 192 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2019, 20:11 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post
I'd be less worried if there was at least one part of our gameplan that looks somewhat legit. But so far we're failing in all areas.

Build-up play stinks, we pass the ball back and forth between defenders until we panic and hoof the ball into the centre of the pitch, where we have Lukaku who can't control the ball for shit and the midfielders aren't on their toes ready to win loose balls.

We're pretty docile and static in the final third. Our pressing game works occasionally but totally collapses way too frequently and our defense in the final third is totally disorganized.

Still looks like Spalletti-ball to me.
Agree with everything except Spaletti-ball.

Spaletti-ball was 95% crossing. The team couldn't even get balls into the box this evening.

Just abysmal tactics.

Quote:

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.

post #64 of 192 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2019, 21:22
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Barella was good actually.

Politano too.

The rest - trash. Slavia very unlucky not to win. They must be scratching their heads right now....
He was because he was asking for the ball ALL THE TIME. Love it.

He shouldn't have shot on the 2 occasions where he skied it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #65 of 192 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2019, 22:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Slavia seem quite useful. Results against Seville, Inter, wouldn't surprise me if they picked up a result against Dortmund, at home anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #66 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 07:05 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Luckily Dortmund didn't win. If they had, Inter's chances of progressing would be minimal.

They missed hatfuls of chances (including a
penalty) against Barca and should have won.

I think Dortmund and Barca away are automatic losses for this team. It will be essential to beat Dortmund at San Siro.

But I think Inter's points ceiling is somewhere around 7, which likely won't be enough to qualify.

My only hope is that Dortmund lose all their away games and also finish on 7 with a worse head-head /goal-difference record

Quote:

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #67 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 07:29
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Quote:
Luckily Dortmund didn't win. If they had, Inter's chances of progressing would be minimal.

I think Dortmund and Barca away are automatic losses for this team. It will be essential to beat Dortmund at San Siro.

But I think Inter's points ceiling is somewhere around 7, which likely won't be enough to qualify.

My only hope is that Dortmund lose all their away games and also finish on 7 with a worse head-head /goal-difference record
Based on last night's performances no real chance for that to happen, is there? Dortmund will likely win 2 away games.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #68 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 09:56 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Couple of thoughts on yesterday:

1) Slavia are 3 months into their season and on a different planet in terms of fitness and conditioning. They are also obviously a very well-drilled unit. They could definitely take points from Dortmund.

2) Barca were horrible against Dortmund and should have lost. The positive there is that Dortmund didn't get 3 points. The negative is that Dortmund are capable of taking apart Barca in Germany and will probably make minced meat of this Inter.

3) Conte and the players have come out, held their hands up, and admitted the performance was totally unacceptable. You live and learn. It just goes to show that Conte ABSOLUTELY MUST be flexible with his tactics this season.

3-5-2 was catastrophic yesterday.

The wing backs had no space to cross, the midfielders were somehow always outnumbered and the strikers were totally isolated.

It was almost like playing 11 vs 13 or something.

I think Conte's 3-4-2-1 would have actually worked much better yesterday than it did against Udinese. But he was slow to make changes, which is very "Spaletti" of him.
post #69 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 10:00 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandeer View Post
Based on last night's performances no real chance for that to happen, is there? Dortmund will likely win 2 away games.
2 away games against who? Slavia and Inter?

You're forgetting that Dortmund are often terrible away from home. There's no way they're winning at the Nou Camp. And Slavia will cause them Problems in Prague.

They might beat Inter at San Siro, yes, although I really wouldn't say the chances of that are high. Inter should be able to at least draw against them.

Dortmund lost to relegation dead-certs Union Berlin a couple of weeks ago (comprehensively beaten).

Quote:

post #70 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 10:10
Star Player

Quote:
2 away games against who? Slavia and Inter?

You're forgetting that Dortmund are often terrible away from home. There's no way they're winning at the Nou Camp. And Slavia will cause them Problems in Prague.

They might beat Inter at San Siro, yes, although I really wouldn't say the chances of that are high. Inter should be able to at least draw against them.

Dortmund lost to relegation dead-certs Union Berlin a couple of weeks ago (comprehensively beaten).
You may as well be right, I was pointing out that Inter's current performance really doesn't give the fans much to hope for, certainly not the knockout stage.

post #71 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 10:11
Star Player

Kind of tired today, sorry for the confusion.

post #72 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 14:12 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandeer View Post
You may as well be right, I was pointing out that Inter's current performance really doesn't give the fans much to hope for, certainly not the knockout stage.
It doesn't provide much hope, but at the same time I think yesterday was a sort of special game.

I think Conte and the team REALLY underestimated Slavia, especially their vastly superior conditioning, fitness levels and organisation.

I don't think Inter will be as naive in the coming matches.

That said, Conte's UCL record is truly appalling, so the signs aren't good, as you say
post #73 of 192 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2019, 23:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Barella was good actually.

Politano too.

The rest - trash. Slavia very unlucky not to win. They must be scratching their heads right now....
Politano won the all important fk leading to our goal after going on a good run and getting fouled. So basically individual talent, not tactics. But Lautaro (2) and DD had 100% chances when the score was still 0-0. Those proved costly..

Happy for Barella, he needed this goal after the Udinese match.

Btw I don't recall Slavia creating many chances aside from their goal and an early fk.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #74 of 192 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 00:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
We've played quite poorly in all games this season. The Lecce result was good, but Lecce we're matching Inter quite well until 2-0. Maybe Conte is just a shit coach, just throwing the idea out there. His Juve record accounts for pretty much nothing as they had no competition for the titles. But I'll admit that I didn't follow his Chelsea stint very closely.

Disclaimer: I have no evidence for Conte being shit. At the moment it's just a hypothesis that I'm working on.
juve were 7th two seasons running pre-Conte. You are not giving him credit for changing that?!

You disagreed with red because he picked on a small sample now you do the same.. 4 games..

We did create more chances than our opponents in all those games tbf, even if we needed individual brilliance to get goals (Udinese aside)

Brozovic v Lecce, Sensi v Lecce, Candreva v Lecce, Sensi turn at Cagliari, Politano winning the fk last night etc.. but it's still early.

What I didn't like is that Conte kept 3 CBs while we are losing at home... Should have taken a risk and played with a CB less to give us more numbers in the attacking sense.

Quote:
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

post #75 of 192 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 00:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:

Barca were so poor last night. Reus should have scored 4 by himself really. The right result is 6-1. Golden point for Barca.

Conte won his titles (on his first seasons at least) because juve in 11-12 and Chelsea in 16-17 were out of Europe so if crashing out early leads to a positive, competitive league season I wouldn't be too upset.. we signed Conte to do well domestically as it's his domestic record that is worth something not his European record.

Sure I would ideally like us to do well in Europe too but the main priority is to become more competitive in Serie A. Where's the derby thread btw, red?

Just worried about the Barca game, an automatic loss but hopefully we keep it respectable..

For now though what matters is the derby. A win would be an excellent apology for the Slavia draw.

Quote:

post #76 of 192 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 03:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

In a 352 the wingbacks need to be attack-minded but the current starters (Candreva and Asamoah) are in their 30s and neither are attacking enough. I think Lazaro and Biraghi will start matches soon as they are younger so can run more and offer more energy.

Any news on Candreva's injury btw?

Another thing, we have 2 new midfielders, a new CB, a new system, a new striker so a bit of patience would be nice..

Quote:

post #77 of 192 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2019, 12:59 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
In a 352 the wingbacks need to be attack-minded but the current starters (Candreva and Asamoah) are in their 30s and neither are attacking enough. I think Lazaro and Biraghi will start matches soon as they are younger so can run more and offer more energy.

Any news on Candreva's injury btw?

Another thing, we have 2 new midfielders, a new CB, a new system, a new striker so a bit of patience would be nice..
Yes, Biraghi and Lazaro as starters ASAP.

Also worth noting that Atalanta got hammered by Croatian opposition yesterday. EE teams have a clear advantage in terms of fitness and organization at this stage of their season. Dinamo Zagreb and Slavia Prague are probably just also very good teams, but I have a feeling results and performances could be different at the tail-end of the CL group stage
post #78 of 192 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2019, 02:50
Rising Star

Quote:
Yes, Biraghi and Lazaro as starters ASAP.

Also worth noting that Atalanta got hammered by Croatian opposition yesterday. EE teams have a clear advantage in terms of fitness and organization at this stage of their season. Dinamo Zagreb and Slavia Prague are probably just also very good teams, but I have a feeling results and performances could be different at the tail-end of the CL group stage
Yes this is true but Dinamo Zagreb has one superb player who tore up Atalanta yesterday. He is a young Spaniard player named Olmo.
post #79 of 192 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2019, 01:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Dinamo Zagreb killed Atalanta outwide in particular. The spaces between the Atalanta CBs and WBs, specifically.

Quote:

post #80 of 192 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2019, 19:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Barca won at Getafe with Ter Stegen (!) assisting the first goal from a long ball to Suarez who finished with a nice chip. Junior Firpo, who is filling in for the injured Alba at LB, scored the second after a mistake from the Getafe GK. Messi injured so didn't play but Barca could have scored 4-5.

Dortmund 2-2 Bremen. Promising to see them concede 2. Bremen aren't exactly the Bremen that used to win titles and play in CL.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in